• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Challenge for those that believe in billions of years for the age of things. Give anything that is more than 6000 years old. NO ASSUMPTIONS ALLOWED.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
"There once was a young man named Fisk
Whose fencing was exceedingly brisk
So fast was is action, that Fitzgerald contraction, reduced his rapier to a disk."

Misleading. Often one side is poorly or completely unsupported. The truth is rarely found at the mid-point between the extremes

The non-occurrence of a worldwide flood is pretty cut and dry. There is no evidence whatsoever for such a flood, and such an event would have left massive evidence.

There would be mounds of evidence, and many familiar scientific disciplines would be turned on their heads.
Opinions - supporting my position that we can look at the same thing and come to different conclusions

Last edited:

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I don't see how that date is relevant to the creation of the world

It is possible for people to exist without having calendars

There is tons of evidence of people who existed without them

And now you're throwing a strop and running away!
That's ok. You have your beliefs and I have mine. Take care.

YoursTrue

What a joke. You have spent literally years demanding explanations - and even claiming to have read about the subject - only to deliberately fail to learn a single thing from what you have been repeatedly told.
I don't deny that scientists make claims.

YoursTrue

You dodged what I put to you

That is running away and hiding

Repeating your claim doesn't make it true

You could have answered but you chose not to
I choose, you choose, we all choose to an extent.

Eddi

Christian Agnostic
Premium Member
That's ok. You have your beliefs and I have mine. Take care.
Some beliefs are a matter of fact

Therefore some beliefs can be wrong

It doesn't bother me if people are wrong but if they go about asserting wrong things as though they were facts then I will correct them

YoursTrue

And you chose to run away and hide and now you're being evasive
I'm not running away. You've expressed some of your beliefs. I am not the answer person for your questions. So I advise you to ask others. Thanks and please... have a nice day. Thank you.

YoursTrue

And you chose to run away and hide and now you're being evasive
Hi there. If I thought you'd have the information ready to explain entirely along with your beliefs, I might go ahead with this conversation. But as for now, yes, I shall bid you a good day.

Eddi

Christian Agnostic
Premium Member
Hi there. If I thought you'd have the information ready to explain entirely along with your beliefs, I might go ahead with this conversation. But as for now, yes, I shall bid you a good day.
You keep saying goodbye but then a few minutes later you come back

Make your mind up!

YoursTrue

You keep saying goodbye but then a few minutes later you come back

Make your mind up!
I'm back briefly. You keep posting to me. So I don't want to not answer you. But there are some things I can't give a scientific answer for.