• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Challenge for those that believe in billions of years for the age of things. Give anything that is more than 6000 years old. NO ASSUMPTIONS ALLOWED.

Eddi

Believer in God
Premium Member
Good thing it's not counting time on Venus. :) You'd have much bigger calendars, I suppose. "Venus rotates much more slowly than Earth does, so a day on Venus is much longer than a day on Earth. A day on Venus lasts for 243 Earth days or 5,832 hours!" Bigger clocks, too. maybe, unless scientists can figure a small clock counting 5,832 hours in a day. Maybe some will have a good time joking about that maybe. :) Ask an Astronomer!
This has nothing to do with the objective fact that time and seasons exist independently of calendars

The claim that it is impossible for time to have passed if people didn't have calendars is hilarious and wrong

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
This has nothing to do with the objective fact that time and seasons exist independently of calendars

The claim that it is impossible for time to have passed if people didn't have calendars is hilarious and wrong
ok, very good. Take care and have a nice day. :) (whatever)

YoursTrue

Yep, that's the only way for you to answer what I said.......

To run away and hide
I gave you an answer but somehow I think you want to run and hide. You must not have liked the answer. Oh well.

Eddi

Believer in God
Premium Member
I gave you an answer but somehow I think you want to run and hide. You must not have liked the answer. Oh well.
Nothing you say makes any sense

It is literally nonsense

It's all ignorant and wrong

It's not running and hiding to identify trash and to say why it's trash

I have answered all the crap you come up with and when you don't like this you go "whatever have a nice day" as opposed to defending the crap you spewed

YoursTrue

Yes it does have to do with the timing of "time" as known to some.

Eddi

Believer in God
Premium Member
I never ever said time didn't pass if there were no calendars. Try again.
You as good as said it

You said that the fact that before a certain time certain things had not been developed meant that the world is not older than 6,000 years

This is clearly wrong

And you used the example of calendars, as though it is impossible for humans to have existed without them

If I misunderstood you please explain your position more clearly

Eddi

Believer in God
Premium Member
I never ever said time didn't pass if there were no calendars. Try again.
Sorry it was your friend who said that I got you both mixed up

You're still talking rubbish though

YoursTrue

You as good as said it

You said that the fact that before a certain time certain things had not been developed meant that the world is not older than 6,000 years

This is clearly wrong

And you used the example of calendars, as though it is impossible for humans to have existed without them

If I misunderstood you please explain your position more clearly
That's how you interpreted my statement. I do not think the earth and the universe were created in six 24 hour days. But from the evidence the earth is much older than 6000 years.

YoursTrue

Sorry it was your friend who said that I got you both mixed up

You're still talking rubbish though
I didn't make it up about calendars and writing.

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member
Where are all the calendars, buildings, cities, artifacts, writings, etc from people before 6000 years ago?
They just spring up out of no where but are quite sophisticated right away.
Again, not really sure why the bother, since you aren't interested in doing more than repeating your claims and declaring victory for no apparent reason. Are you familiar with the phrase "pigeon chess" by any chance?

Anyway, here goes.

Prehistory - Wikipedia

Paleolithic Art – Art and Visual Culture: Prehistory to Renaissance

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Christopher-Henshilwood/publication/265420471_Henshilwood_C_d'Errico_F_editors_2011_Homo_symbolicus_The_dawn_of_language_imagination_and_spirituality_Amsterdam_Benjamins/links/540ec3d70cf2d8daaacd6ca6/Henshilwood-C-dErrico-F-editors-2011-Homo-symbolicus-The-dawn-of-language-imagination-and-spirituality-Amsterdam-Benjamins.pdf#page=63

Zigzags on a Shell From Java Are the Oldest Human Engravings
This talks about the 500,000 year old artwork of Homo erectus.

I know you will wave this all away. It is the only real contribution you seem able to make. But the evidence is out there.

YoursTrue

Yep, that's the only way for you to answer what I said.......

To run away and hide
Ok. Why do you think my answer about writing and calendars has to do with creation of the world. I didn't say that. You did.

YoursTrue

Again, not really sure why the bother, since you aren't interested in doing more than repeating your claims and declaring victory for no apparent reason. Are you familiar with the phrase "pigeon chess" by any chance?

Anyway, here goes.

Prehistory - Wikipedia

Paleolithic Art – Art and Visual Culture: Prehistory to Renaissance

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Christopher-Henshilwood/publication/265420471_Henshilwood_C_d'Errico_F_editors_2011_Homo_symbolicus_The_dawn_of_language_imagination_and_spirituality_Amsterdam_Benjamins/links/540ec3d70cf2d8daaacd6ca6/Henshilwood-C-dErrico-F-editors-2011-Homo-symbolicus-The-dawn-of-language-imagination-and-spirituality-Amsterdam-Benjamins.pdf#page=63

Zigzags on a Shell From Java Are the Oldest Human Engravings
This talks about the 500,000 year old artwork of Homo erectus.

I know you will wave this all away. It is the only real contribution you seem able to make. But the evidence is out there.
From the article on Wikipedia
I see this statement: "The use of symbols, marks, and images appears very early among humans, but the earliest known writing systems appeared c. 5,000 years ago."

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member
I see this statement: "The use of symbols, marks, and images appears very early among humans, but the earliest known writing systems appeared c. 5,000 years ago."
What's your point?

Writing systems didn't appear out of nothing. There was something going on before that and the archaeological evidence exists for that something.

Sargonski

What's your point?

Writing systems didn't appear out of nothing. There was something going on before that and the archaeological evidence exists for that something.

Wiki is not up to date .. 40,000 year old symbols found in caves worldwide may represent the earliers written language.

40,000-Year-Old Symbols Found in Caves Worldwide May Be the Earliest Written Language

We also have the romanian Tatara tablets now At least 5500 BC and could be Older .. 1500 years earlier than 4000 BC when the earth was created :)