1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured CAUGHT UP IN THE AIR? RAPTURE OR WHAT?

Discussion in 'General Religious Debates' started by sooda, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Muffled

Muffled Jesus in me

Ratings:
    +934
    Religion:
    Christian
    I believe the call goes out " with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God." So that means a response is required. Mat. 24 talks about gathering people so that could constitute instructions for gathering.

2. Muffled

Muffled Jesus in me

Ratings:
    +934
    Religion:
    Christian
    I believe I have read Hal Lindsey's book and seen him on TV talking about it. I don't agree with everything but then most of it is about Revelations which is a difficult book.

I believe Islam can't save you since it requires you to save yourself and only Jesus saves.

3. Muffled

Muffled Jesus in me

Ratings:
    +934
    Religion:
    Christian
    I believe that means you are not able to read with comprehension.

4. Riders

Riders Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,293
    Religion:
    Unitarian Universalism,Pagan,Zen

The 7th Day Advenstists and the Primitive Baptists teach there is no sich thing as the rapture, the word is not in the bible. There are whole entire denominations which disagree and teach against it, so i am not alone.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Riders

Riders Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,293
    Religion:
    I understand a lot the word rapture is not in the bible. Nor is the depiction of the that the movies you guys make in the bible.

6. Salvador

Salvador RF's Swedenborgian

Ratings:
    +1,193
    Religion:
    Swedenborgianism
    "...The word rapture does not actually appear in the Bible. People have pieced various passages together to come to the idea of the rapture, but Swedenborg learned that these texts were symbolic rather than literal.

It’s also worth remembering that, according to Swedenborg, the Bible was written both for people on earth and people in the world of spirits. That means that some of the things described actually refer to events that would happen in the spiritual world rather than to us on Earth."

Swedenborg and Life Recap: 10 Questions: Divine Human, Intoxication, and the Rapture – 8/28/2017 – Swedenborg Foundation

Debbie Harry aka Blondie brought rap music into the mainstream pop culture with her song "Rapture" recorded in 1980.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Faithofchristian

Faithofchristian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +516
    Religion:
    Christian

What is the correct Hebrew translation for
    Air.
    In the Strong's concordance and the Companion bible the correct Hebrew translation for air is Ruach which means
    Spirit.
    Therefore 1 Thessalonians 4:17--"Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord"

This would actually read, meet the Lord in the Spirit.

8. Riders

Riders Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,293
    Religion:
    LOVE THE SONG! I love Blondie!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Faithofchristian

Ratings:
    +516
    Religion:
    Christian
    You do know that there are two tribulations.
    And that Christ Jesus gave the last Prophecy in his book of Revelation, That before Christ Jesus can return this last prophecy has to happen first

And when this last prophecy happens the tribulation is over and then Christ Jesus returns.
    And not before this last prophecy happens that Christ Jesus gave in his book of Revelation happens first.

10. Faithofchristian

Ratings:
    +516
    Religion:
    Christian
    Not all Christians believe in the Rapture, only the false Christians believe in the Rapture.

11. Faithofchristian

Ratings:
    +516
    Religion:
    Christian
    Did you know that Christ Jesus foretold in his book of Revelation by how much the days of the Tribulation would be cut to
    5 Months.
    Did you also know that Christ Jesus gave in his book of Revelation the last Prophecy that is to happen, That Christ Jesus can not return until the last Prophecy happens first.
    That when the last Prophecy happens the tribulation is over and then Christ Jesus returns.
    But not until the last Prophecy happens first.

So what good is the Rapture going to do, seeing when the last Prophecy happens the tribulation is over and then Christ Jesus returns.

12. sooda

sooda Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +3,109
    Religion:
    Christian
    LOLOL

The Rapture: A Popular but False Doctrine | United Church ...
    www.ucg.orgWorld News and Prophecy

There were also amillennialists in Darby’s day. He labored to correct both false teachings. Darby believed, rightly, that Jesus Christ would return to earth to establish and rule over the Kingdom of God. Darby was a premillennialist. But in his zeal for countering error, he added another—the rapture

The rapture, often called "the blessed hope," is sadly more hoax than hope, even though the man who started it had no intention of deceiving anyone. You need to know what the Bible actually says!

The rapture was popularized in the 1970s by Hal Lindsey’s writings ( The Late Great Planet Earth, etc.) and more recently by Jim Jenkins and Tim LaHaye in their Left Behind fictional books and films. But where did the idea of the rapture originate?

The origin of the rapture theory

13. Faithofchristian

Ratings:
    +516
    Religion:
    Christian
    It's like I said, not all Christians believe in the Rapture the false teachings of man's.

As there is no where in the Bible/scriptures that supports man's teachings of the Rapture.

• Like Like x 1
  14. metis

metis aged ecumenical anthropologist

Ratings:
    +12,108
    Religion:
    Catholic-- liberal & ecumenical
    And the early Church did not accept the "millennial reign" as found in Revelation literally as they believed the likely reference was to Jesus' establishment of the Kingdom of God on Earth with his presence and his crucifixion.

• Like Like x 1
  15. sooda

sooda Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +3,109
    Religion:
    Christian
    Where is it written that there are two tribulations?

16. Faithofchristian

Ratings:
    +516
    Religion:
    Christian
    In the book of Revelation, What you have is the tribulation of the AntiChrist and then the tribulation of Christ Jesus.
    Where people are caught in the worshipping the AntiChrist. When Christ Jesus catch them in worshipping the AntiChrist.