• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cat Conundrum

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Sure, one might get a doctor to lie, but it's fraud.
It's not fraud if he has a legitimate medical condition, and anxiety and depression are diagnosed medical conditions.
What if a tenant needed a seeing-eye dog? Why is a physical condition treated differently than a psychological condition?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's not fraud if he has a legitimate medical condition, and anxiety and depression are diagnosed medical conditions.
What if a tenant needed a seeing-eye dog? Why is a physical condition treated differently than a psychological condition?
As explained, it's not a medical condition.
Thus, to claim so is fraudulent.
But hey...I'm not saying that's the path he'll take.
Just advising against it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Whether a patient has a certain clinical need is really the purview of the licensed professional treating that patient. If he is willing to sign his name documenting that need, that is an endorsement that the need is legitimate. I'm not coercing him. In fact it was his idea. I do have legitimate anxiety and depression that probably would legitimately be improved by my cat living with me again.
If honest & candid about it all, I've no issue with it.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
If honest & candid about it all, I've no issue with it.

I hear you. And I didn't want to be in this situation. And I realize it sort of forces the landlord's hand and is probably legally grey. Which I don't want to do at all.

I am proactively talking with some other friends to see if they can take the cat. So perhaps this will all be much ado about nothing.