• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can't I just stop? (masturbating)

TheKnight

Guardian of Life
No, my parents like Rush Limbaugh. Rush Limbaugh was sent by The Evil (or perhaps is controlled by it) to drive true conservatives to liberalism, and to mislead pseudoconservatives to the republican party. Do you honestly believe that Rush believes the stuff he says?
And females are not the result of The Evil, although lust often is. Females are just something that happened to be there for The Evil to use as a tool. Males probably get used too. Notice that most men only lust after women that are bad for them, and most women only lust after men that are bad for them.They get on msm during school in the middle of classes, without any sort of computer with them? O_OWhy? It's not like they're auditory. Oftentimes they aren't even clear messages, I just feel that something is wrong and usually my thoughts focus on one subject (ie, a particular girl), and I'm usually confused and have trouble making sense of my thoughts (I did develop a primitive picture-writing system that helps with this, though. Different shapes represent different feelings. Usually expressing my feelings in shapes clears them up, since I can't describe them with words). Most people would just call them "emotions" or something like that, I don't because I don't see the feelings as coming from me. If sexual attraction is natural (which it usually is), this is perfectly natural.

Why are you describing it that way? There is no external force or "Evil" that attempts to make you lust after girls. Your body, that God created, was designed to have natural sexual attraction to members of the opposite sex. That attraction is not a bad thing.

Rush Limbaugh, though you may disagree with him, is not necessarily controlled by some external evil force. I have the slightest feeling that maybe you need help with your emotions. Learning what your emotions are and how to react to them can be a very helpful exercise. I think you could benefit from a counselor or therapist of some sort. If you're unwilling, then at the least consult your parents about your emotions. Have them talk to you about those things in life which are going to be important to you. Both physically and emotionally.

It's not clear whether or not you have any mental disorders (although it sounds likely), but perhaps you simply need some guidance and direction.

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
There is no external force or "Evil" that attempts to make you lust after girls.
Then why do I fall in love with girls that hate me and that I hate and know would be bad for me? Surely that is not natural - men who were naturally inclined to select unwilling mates would have been naturally selected out, right?
I have the slightest feeling that maybe you need help with your emotions. Learning what your emotions are and how to react to them can be a very helpful exercise.
If they are able to be understood, they are not emotions.
I think you could benefit from a counselor or therapist of some sort.
Tried it already, they made things worse. They help in the short term, but in the long run, you will always regret trusting them with your personal information. And that was when I was still relatively "normal," didn't masturbate, and hadn't started hearing "voices" yet.
If you're unwilling, then at the least consult your parents about your emotions.
Relationships with girls is one of the areas where my parents are the most idiotic and outright unreasonable in. They're the kind of peope who think that dating is usually if not always wrong and they sure as heck wouldn't approve of masturbation, or even thinking about sex.
It's not clear whether or not you have any mental disorders (although it sounds likely), but perhaps you simply need some guidance and direction.
I'm diagnosed with Asperger's, and sometimes I wonder if I'm bipolar and moderately schizophrenic (although I'm probably not, the doctors would have found that). Those are the things that make me more in-tune with reality than the others.

TheKnight

Guardian of Life
Then why do I fall in love with girls that hate me and that I hate and know would be bad for me? Surely that is not natural - men who were naturally inclined to select unwilling mates would have been naturally selected out, right?
Who says that you "fall in love" with girls that hate you and that you hate?

If they are able to be understood, they are not emotions.
Are you claiming that emotions are not able to be understood? What makes you think that?

Tried it already, they made things worse. They help in the short term, but in the long run, you will always regret trusting them with your personal information. And that was when I was still relatively "normal," didn't masturbate, and hadn't started hearing "voices" yet.
How did they make things worse?

Relationships with girls is one of the areas where my parents are the most idiotic and outright unreasonable in. They're the kind of peope who think that dating is usually if not always wrong and they sure as heck wouldn't approve of masturbation, or even thinking about sex.
That's ridiculous. For one, they're married. That means they dated at some point. For two, you exist, that means they had sex at some point.

You should give it a try. Sometimes your parents can have more information than you think they can.

I'm diagnosed with Asperger's, and sometimes I wonder if I'm bipolar and moderately schizophrenic (although I'm probably not, the doctors would have found that). Those are the things that make me more in-tune with reality than the others.

Do you have medication for your Asperger's?

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
Who says that you "fall in love" with girls that hate you and that you hate?
6/6 of my crushes have rejected me, one of them was a conservative Muslim who thought that dating before a certain high age was evil, one was a control-freak who couldn't get rid of her bad friends (actually, I think she did grow apart from the aggressive, anti-everything-but-themselves ones later on) and hated me (it took me nearly a year to acknowledge that she didn't didn't like me, and another year to get over her; she was my first crush, and I loved her very much :( ), one looked and acted eerily similar to my first crush (yes, I'm sure they were different people) and wanted nothing to do with me after our first date, one was another conservative Muslim who didn't want to date anyone.
That's ridiculous. For one, they're married.
So? Many fundies get married and lead unhappy marriages.
That means they dated at some point.
Not necessarily, but from the little they ever talked to me, I think they did date. I remeber that their first date was at a pizza place I really didn't like (not really relevant, but it's a memory I have).
For two, you exist, that means they had sex at some point.
It's called hypocrisy. It's very common in American Christianity.
Do you have medication for your Asperger's?
Of course not, I'd rather die than ruin my mind with anti-psychotic drugs administered by capitalist pigs who are out to make money off my suffering. I remember taking Risperdal in elementary school (when I was relatively sane), and it was horrible. It was almost like being NORMAL.

TheKnight

Guardian of Life
6/6 of my crushes have rejected me, one of them was a conservative Muslim who thought that dating before a certain high age was evil, one was a control-freak who couldn't get rid of her bad friends (actually, I think she did grow apart from the aggressive, anti-everything-but-themselves ones later on) and hated me (it took me nearly a year to acknowledge that she didn't didn't like me, and another year to get over her; she was my first crush, and I loved her very much :( ), one looked and acted eerily similar to my first crush (yes, I'm sure they were different people) and wanted nothing to do with me after our first date, one was another conservative Muslim who didn't want to date anyone.
How do you know that you loved these people?

.Not necessarily, but from the little they ever talked to me, I think they did date. I remeber that their first date was at a pizza place I really didn't like (not really relevant, but it's a memory I have).
You should talk to your parents more often.

Of course not, I'd rather die than ruin my mind with anti-psychotic drugs administered by capitalist pigs who are out to make money off my suffering. I remember taking Risperdal in elementary school (when I was relatively sane), and it was horrible. It was almost like being NORMAL.
I didn't ask if you take medication, I asked if you have medication.

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
How do you know that you loved these people?
Most of those examples are lust. I know that my first crush was more than just lust, because it lasted signifigantly longer than the maximum length a "crush" is supposed to last (18 months), and that was with me actively fighting against it and he hating me and trying to drive us apart.
You should talk to your parents more often.
Nah, it's impossble to have real talks with their kind. It'd be easier to talk to a complete stranger about my problems than it would be to talk to them - in fact, that's what I'm doing right now.
I didn't ask if you take medication, I asked if you have medication.
No, I don't have any medication nearby, although I'm sure the office could easily arrange something if they [mistakenly] thought it was necessary. But they wouldn't do that, because I look fine on the outside, and I try to keep it that way. If they thought something was wrong with me, they'd make it worse - in fact, that's where many of my problems (including my "paranoia") come from.

TheKnight

Guardian of Life
Most of those examples are lust. I know that my first crush was more than just lust, because it lasted signifigantly longer than the maximum length a "crush" is supposed to last (18 months), and that was with me actively fighting against it and he hating me and trying to drive us apart.
Were she and you ever together?

Nah, it's impossble to have real talks with their kind. It'd be easier to talk to a complete stranger about my problems than it would be to talk to them - in fact, that's what I'm doing right now.
Not easy doesn't mean impossible. You need to talk to someone that can help you on a consistent basis.

No, I don't have any medication nearby, although I'm sure the office could easily arrange something if they [mistakenly] thought it was necessary. But they wouldn't do that, because I look fine on the outside, and I try to keep it that way. If they thought something was wrong with me, they'd make it worse - in fact, that's where many of my problems (including my "paranoia") come from.

Obviously, there is something wrong with your psyche. Your average human being does not hear voices, or sense an "Evil" trying to get at them.

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
Were she and you ever together?
No, I was never "together" with any of my crushes :(. Well, my most recent crush and I had one date, although I doubt she realized that it was a date.
Not easy doesn't mean impossible. You need to talk to someone that can help you on a consistent basis.
Conveniently enough, my wing has started tutoring me on communicating with girls. And before them, I had and still have RF. You do realize that you guys are the closest thing I have to friends I can talk to, right?
Obviously, there is something wrong with your psyche. Your average human being does not hear voices, or sense an "Evil" trying to get at them.
Oh, right, so I can sense stuff that you can't comprehend, something must be wrong with MY psyche. Imagine if that were applied to education - "You know more than I do, therefore you must be insane! =O"

TheKnight

Guardian of Life
No, I was never "together" with any of my crushes :(. Well, my most recent crush and I had one date, although I doubt she realized that it was a date.
If you never really had a relationship with those people, then you didn't love them.

Conveniently enough, my wing has started tutoring me on communicating with girls. And before them, I had and still have RF. You do realize that you guys are the closest thing I have to friends I can talk to, right?
People online should not substitute for normal friends.

Oh, right, so I can sense stuff that you can't comprehend, something must be wrong with MY psyche. Imagine if that were applied to education - "You know more than I do, therefore you must be insane! =O"

It is not natural to hear voices. Even if one does hear voices, when they torment you and cause you to believe things that are not real, then the voices are a sign that your mind has some sort of problem internally.

I don't have voices that tell me about "evil". Neither do the majority of people. The fact that you do is odd and a sign that your brain does not function normally.

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
If you never really had a relationship with those people, then you didn't love them.
I was "just friends" with the one I mentioned for quite a while. I wouldn't say that I couldn't love her simply because we never dated.
People online should not substitute for normal friends.
People online are much more helpful than "normal" friends. I can talk to you guys about masturbation and sex, I can tell you what's going on in my head, I can't do that in real life.
Even if one does hear voices, when they torment you and cause you to believe things that are not real, then the voices are a sign that your mind has some sort of problem internally.
Of course The Evil is real. If it isn't real, what has God been doing all this time when no one has heard from him or seen him like in the days before The Evil was as powerful as it is now? Why are some people more evil or less intelligent than others?
Besides, everyone feels tormented by girls in this way. I'm just the only one that admits it.
The fact that you do is odd and a sign that your brain does not function normally.
Of course my brain doesn't function "normally." Normal brains are defective.

Smoke

Done here.
4 year olds don't masturbate... they don't feel sexual urges, their testes aren't even producing sperm yet...
People are uncomfortable talking about the sexuality of children, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I masturbated to orgasm years and years before I reached puberty, and I started masturbating no later than the age of two. Probably sooner, but I don't remember any farther back than that. An old friend of mine says she remembers having orgasms in her Jolly Jumper.

TheKnight

Guardian of Life
I was "just friends" with the one I mentioned for quite a while. I wouldn't say that I couldn't love her simply because we never dated.
How can you love someone you didn't ever know?

People online are much more helpful than "normal" friends. I can talk to you guys about masturbation and sex, I can tell you what's going on in my head, I can't do that in real life.
I suppose. But it's always good to have real life friends to talk about that stuff with.

Of course The Evil is real. If it isn't real, what has God been doing all this time when no one has heard from him or seen him like in the days before The Evil was as powerful as it is now? Why are some people more evil or less intelligent than others?
Besides, everyone feels tormented by girls in this way. I'm just the only one that admits it.
More evil? Potential for good is balanced by potential for evil. Those with a high propensity for good also have a high propensity for evil.

Also, I don't feel tormented by my attraction to women. I find it a natural part of my life that I must deal with and control. It's meant to be expressed. Not suppressed.

Of course my brain doesn't function "normally." Normal brains are defective.

What makes you say that?

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
Back on topic...

The whole masturbation thing is getting better. The sores or blisters or whatever they are haven't gone away, but they don't hurt much besides a little pain a couple minutes after I stop masturbating (if I'm careless). I can usually avoid rubbing them too hard. I've managed to cut down masturbation to once every night, and once during the day (I find it very difficult to resist the urge to masturbate when I'm in bed, and I usually feel horny after particularly boring classes). I find that it's less painful and the orgasms last longer if I give into "temptation" to do it rather then doing it just whenever :). It also seems to help if I go slower with my hand and focus on the mental fantasies instead of the hand motions.