• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Canadian tribunal fines $55,000 for expressing Christian views on “transgenderism”

slackercruster

Canadian tribunal fines Bill Whatcott $55,000 for expressing Christian views on “transgenderism”

Canadian tribunal fines Bill Whatcott $55,000 for expressing Christian views on “transgenderism”

I read that is CA you can go to jail for misgendering. But who knows if any of this is real. Sounds unbelievable that you are forced to believe a man with a penis is a woman. But when dems are in charge, nothing is beyond belief nowadays.

The reps ****ed up and only have themselves to blame. Reps tried to 'go along to get along' with the mental illness agenda of the filthy dems. Reps should have beat the filthy dems to a pulp EVERY time the filthy dems tried to brainwash the America with their *edit* agenda.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sky Rivers

I read that is CA you can go to jail for misgendering. But who knows if any of this is real. Sounds unbelievable that you are forced to believe a man with a penis is a woman. But when dems are in charge, nothing is beyond belief nowadays.

The reps ****ed up and only have themselves to blame. Reps tried to 'go along to get along' with the mental illness agenda of the filthy dems. Reps should have beat the filthy dems to a pulp EVERY time the filthy dems tried to brainwash the America with their genderqueer agenda.

Now, I'm not against queers or trans people. But call em what they are, not make them as normal as apple pie...which make normal people freaks.
I accept that gender dysphoria is a mental illness. However, I affirm also that “transgendered” individuals are people and not to be dehumanized through their illness. I also affirm that gender dysphoria should be treated as any other mental illness and not taught as healthy.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I accept that gender dysphoria is a mental illness. However, I affirm also that “transgendered” individuals are people and not to be dehumanized through their illness. I also affirm that gender dysphoria should be treated as any other mental illness and not taught as healthy.

It's the declassification of it being a mental illness through accommodation that has made things worse in my opinion. Not better.

A lot of people are starting to see that now, especially in the realm of sports where this accommodation becomes all too apparent.

Nature itself is an unforgiving teacher and sometimes I think people should go all the way through to understand the reasons why.

I'm all for the pursuit of happiness and will happily defend the right for people to be transgender and be who they want to be.

That said, there has to be a new criteria established in light of the issues for this to work, and for people to be accepted for who they are in spite of what they do to themselves that comes across as strange and freakish to others.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...

The reps ****ed up and only have themselves to blame. Reps tried to 'go along to get along' with the mental illness agenda of the filthy dems. Reps should have beat the filthy dems to a pulp EVERY time the filthy dems tried to brainwash the America with their genderqueer agenda.

Now, I'm not against queers or trans people. But call em what they are, not make them as normal as apple pie...which make normal people freaks.
No one can force you to believe anything. And it's pretty easy to find inoffensive terms to refer to people if you absolutely must refer to someone with a pronoun, even if it's not their preferred pronoun. IMHO you want to make a big show of calling someone by a term they have explicitly asked you not to call them? Meh, play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Kangaroo Feathers

It's the declassification of it being a mental illness through accommodation that has made things worse in my opinion. Not better.

A lot of people are starting to see that now, especially in the realm of sports where this accommodation becomes all too apparent.

Nature itself is an unforgiving teacher and sometimes I think people should go all the way through to understand the reasons why.

I'm all for the pursuit of happiness and will happily defend the right for people to be transgender and be who they want to be.

That said, there has to be a new criteria established in light of the issues for this to work, and for people to be accepted for who they are in spite of what they do to themselves that comes across as strange and freakish to others.
Gender dysphoria is still classified as a disorder, so your point fails in the first line.

Kangaroo Feathers

Who's saying it's healthy?

"Treated as any other mental illness"? That would be "not used as a political wedge issue, with sufferers of the condition given the support they need to have the best long term outcomes and not being pilloried and demonised"?

Milton Platt

Your post reeks of bigotry, however.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Still, making it illegal to be an ignorant jerk expressing opinions threatens me personally.
You are very threatened because other nations have different laws and in many nations expressing opinions is against the law if you disagree with the official position.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You are very threatened because other nations have different laws and in many nations expressing opinions is against the law if you disagree with the official position.
While I occasionally venture into Canuckistan,
it was a joke, Fido!