• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Canadian tribunal fines $55,000 for expressing Christian views on “transgenderism”

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
True. I included it as it was more part of the physical bonding aspect like carrying to term, birth, etc.
There is no evidence to suggest that breast feeding is anymore effective at bonding than simply holding and playing with a child. Frequent assumption, but the claim is not based on research. And it would imply necessarily that a father cannot bond to the same degree as a mother (or anyone else, including mothers who don't breastfeed).

Shad

Veteran Member
There is no evidence to suggest that breast feeding is anymore effective at bonding than simply holding and playing with a child. Frequent assumption, but the claim is not based on research. And it would imply necessarily that a father cannot bond to the same degree as a mother (or anyone else, including mothers who don't breastfeed).

Well.... has a father tried it? o_O

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Well.... has a father tried it? o_O
They don't really need to. For various reasons, not all mothers breast feed, but they bond to no greater or lesser extents than mothers who do breast feed. Breastfeeding is nutritionally superior, but it provides no gains or losses in bonding than bottle feeding. And there is also the possible risk of mothers who can't breastfeeding feeling guilty for believing they can't bond as well with their child(ren), but that simply just is not true.

We Never Know

No Slack
It can be close enough once the whole reproduction, labour and breast feeding age is finished.

A grandparent is already a parent by definition. Odd point to make considering this fact.

Ask most any grandparent. Grandkids are different than your kids.

Shad

Veteran Member
They don't really need to. For various reasons, not all mothers breast feed, but they bond to no greater or lesser extents than mothers who do breast feed. Breastfeeding is nutritionally superior, but it provides no gains or losses in bonding than bottle feeding. And there is also the possible risk of mothers who can't breastfeeding feeling guilty for believing they can't bond as well with their child(ren), but that simply just is not true.

My comment was in jest.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Ask most any grandparent. Grandkids are different than your kids.
It's proving to be pretty much the same with one of my parent's grand kids, with the main difference being their grand kid they took in comes with regular arguments with their daughter/his mother.
With my brother's kids they did get to enjoy the grandparent thing.

We Never Know

No Slack
It's proving to be pretty much the same with one of my parent's grand kids, with the main difference being their grand kid they took in comes with regular arguments with their daughter/his mother.
With my brother's kids they did get to enjoy the grandparent thing.

Some grandparents end up being parents to their grandchildren, most don't. So we enjoy them, spoil them and send them back home to their parents :)