• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can the Living Pray for the Dead & Vice Versa?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
The bible says you stand lost by your lack of belief in the word of God, and that those who are in that identical situation, it also tells us where they will spend eternity, which is separated from God, forever. I see no reason to continue this conversing with you, so this will be my last reply to your comment, good day.
Then what I said earlier in this thread is true -- I have proved that your God is a monster beyond belief. The Muslim who is born and grows up in that religion, or the Hindu, the Jain or anybody else, was taught from birth what they will believe throughout their lives. IT IS NOT THEIR FAULT. If your blithering idiot God wanted them to learn Christianity, he surely could have made sure they weren't born to parents who would teach them all wrong crap. So your God set it up, and if there is suffering, it is manifestly now true -- by your belief -- that it is at God's specific design.

This, of course, is purest nonsense, but it is what you believe, even if you lack the ability to see the consequences of the belief you have so clearly spelled out.

Who could ever love a monster such as that?

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
The Islam religion does not teach what you imply, and neither does any of the others you mentioned, such as Love they neighbor, do you think the Qur'an teaches this, certainly not, they teach subdue or kill them if they do not convert to the Islam religion, now how Christian is that, it's not. We as Christians may disapprove of, for instance, gay people, but we do not hate them nor throw them from tall buildings, instead we try to teach them what the bible says, if they accept great, if not we simply do not socialize with them, but we always respect them. Your analogy that all religions are good is horribly flawed.

King James Bible
There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death, Proverbs 14:12 . It's not difficult to distinguish from one over the other, as each have different messages, and by that one can come to the conclusion of which one speaks the truth.
(1) Its entirety; the whole of the Bible is inspired (Matt. 4:4; 5:17-18). In Matthew 4:4, Jesus responded to Satan’s temptation by affirming verbal plenary inspiration when He said, man is to live by every word (plenary) that proceeds out of the mouth of God (inspiration). In Matthew 5:17-18, Christ promised that the entire Old Testament, the Law and the Prophets, would be fulfilled, not abolished. In fact, He declared that not even the smallest Hebrew letter, the yodh, which looks like an apostrophe (‘), or stroke of a letter, a small distinguishing extension or protrusion of several Hebrews letters (cf. the extension on the letter R with it absence on the letter P), would pass away until all is fulfilled. Christ’s point is that it is all inspired and true and will be fulfilled.

(2) Its historicity; He spoke of the Old Testament in terms of actual history. Adam and Eve were two human beings, created by God in the beginning, who lived and acted in certain ways (Matt. 19:3-5; Mark 10:6-8). He spoke of Jonah and his experience in the belly of the great fish as an historical event (Matt. 12:40). He also verified the events of the flood in Noah’s day along with the ark (Matt. 24:38-39; Luke 17:26-27). He verified God’s destruction of Sodom and the historicity of Lot and his wife (Matt. 10:15; Luke 17:28-29). These are only a few illustrations; many others exist.

(3) Its reliability; because it is God’s word, the Scripture must be fulfilled (Matt. 26:54).

(4) Its sufficiency; it is sufficient to witness to the truth of God and His salvation (Luke 16:31).

(5) Its indestructibility; heaven and earth will not pass away until it is all fulfilled. Nothing can stop its fulfillment (Matt. 5:17-18).

(6) Its unity; the whole of the Bible speaks and witnesses to the person and work of Christ (Luke 24:27, 44).

(7) Its inerrancy; men are often in error, but the Bible is not; it is truth (Matt. 22:29; John 17:17).

(8) Its infallibility; the Bible cannot be broken, it always stands the test (John 10:35).

Hello,

I have all the Holy Books of these Faiths and I can confirm they only teach goodness not evil. The Quran teaches to return good for evil and to forgive and be patient. So does all these beautiful religions teach wonderful things.

I have read them and have a kindle library full of beautiful quotes from all Faiths. I can produce beautiful teachings from any of these Faiths.

Buddha

A man may conquer ten times ten thousand men in battle but he is the true conquerer who conquers his own self - Dhamapadda

Quran 41:34

"Good and evil are not equal. Repel evil with good, and the person who was your enemy becomes like an intimate friend."

Baha'i

"Close your eyes to racial differences, and welcome all with the light of oneness."

Other religions all teach love, unity oneness. These are just some of their beautiful words.

shava

Then what I said earlier in this thread is true -- I have proved that your God is a monster beyond belief. The Muslim who is born and grows up in that religion, or the Hindu, the Jain or anybody else, was taught from birth what they will believe throughout their lives. IT IS NOT THEIR FAULT. If your blithering idiot God wanted them to learn Christianity, he surely could have made sure they weren't born to parents who would teach them all wrong crap. So your God set it up, and if there is suffering, it is manifestly now true -- by your belief -- that it is at God's specific design.

This, of course, is purest nonsense, but it is what you believe, even if you lack the ability to see the consequences of the belief you have so clearly spelled out.

JoStories

There is truth in all religions. I have the Holy Books of all Faiths the Hindu, Zoroastrian, Jewish, Christian, Muslim, Babi, Bahai, Buddhist and they all teach the same eternal truths.

I treasure them all in my library as gems of my heart and make no distinction between any of them. To say one is superior to the other comes not from truth but the ego.

Christ taught love and humility towards all. Superiority and supremacy and exclusiveness is alien to His true message.
I completely agree and have many sacred texts myself, including some of the more obscure like the Key of Solomon. And I further agree that all have great things and truths that lead to God. I love your statement about truth and ego. Is that not so true? That other poster does not reflect, IMO, what Christ taught at all but instead has a more Paulian faith, where Paul was often the antithesis of what Christ taught.

JoStories

The belief is in the scripture, which isn't written by mere men, but by men who were divinely guided to write only what God wanted them to write.
That is merely your belief. Until you can prove that with hard evidence, it will remain simply your belief. There are many others who find God in other religions. You seem to want to keep God in a box that only you and your type can access. IMO, how little you know of God. God has the ability to be able to appeal to peoples of all faiths. Your view belittles God, it compartmentalizes God and seems to want to keep God all to yourself. Somewhat arrogant, don't you think?

JoStories

The Islam religion does not teach what you imply, and neither does any of the others you mentioned, such as Love they neighbor, do you think the Qur'an teaches this, certainly not, they teach subdue or kill them if they do not convert to the Islam religion, now how Christian is that, it's not. We as Christians may disapprove of, for instance, gay people, but we do not hate them nor throw them from tall buildings, instead we try to teach them what the bible says, if they accept great, if not we simply do not socialize with them, but we always respect them. Your analogy that all religions are good is horribly flawed.

You state that you respect gay people but in the same breath, say you don't 'socialize' with them. You do realize that that is openly prejudiced, no? And that kind of bias is not allowed here on this forum, nor is your repeatedly posting verse after verse. So I reported you for that violation.
Btw, how little you know of the Koran or Muslims. The most radical are very similar to the radical Christian groups, such as Westboro Baptist, or the fellow in Florida who wanted to have a bonfire and burn all the Korans he could gather. Do you embrace what the KKK teaches because they base that claptrap on the Bible, King James Version which seems to be the one you hold to as well. I would suggest you actually read the Koran before you make statements such as you have here because while there are some verses, taken out of context, that would seem to want violence, there are many others that are lovely. And you do realize that the Bible has its share of violence inducing verses as well, no?

shava

You state that you respect gay people but in the same breath, say you don't 'socialize' with them. You do realize that that is openly prejudiced, no? And that kind of bias is not allowed here on this forum, nor is your repeatedly posting verse after verse. So I reported you for that violation.
Btw, how little you know of the Koran or Muslims. The most radical are very similar to the radical Christian groups, such as Westboro Baptist, or the fellow in Florida who wanted to have a bonfire and burn all the Korans he could gather. Do you embrace what the KKK teaches because they base that claptrap on the Bible, King James Version which seems to be the one you hold to as well. I would suggest you actually read the Koran before you make statements such as you have here because while there are some verses, taken out of context, that would seem to want violence, there are many others that are lovely. And you do realize that the Bible has its share of violence inducing verses as well, no?
The bible states to abstain from all evil appearances, it also states that bad company corrupts good morals, so tell me, how am I being openly prejudiced by following the pattern set forth in the New Testament? I'll tell you, I'm not, according to the New Testament.

shava

That is merely your belief. Until you can prove that with hard evidence, it will remain simply your belief. There are many others who find God in other religions. You seem to want to keep God in a box that only you and your type can access. IMO, how little you know of God. God has the ability to be able to appeal to peoples of all faiths. Your view belittles God, it compartmentalizes God and seems to want to keep God all to yourself. Somewhat arrogant, don't you think?
You fail to realize that God has a pattern in which we are to go by.

shava

Are you going to answer my post # 104?

shava

I have every right to choose who I wish to socialize or not, just as all people have the right to do the same, so saying that I'm being prejudice towards gay people, is absurd.

Last edited:

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Was you taught to disbelieve God from birth?
No, rather the contrary. I came to understand that what I was being told was simply absurd, because I could look around me and see that everything everybody said about God and Jesus most manifestly did not correspond to the reality of the world in which I exist.

It's rather like the battered wife, whose husband constantly tells her he loves her, even while laying on another beating. Fact of the matter is, he does NOT love her because his behaviours are inconsistent with the reality of his actions. Same for your ideas of God.

shava

So by your own statement you have proved that anyone can change, even if they were taught one way as a child.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
I completely agree and have many sacred texts myself, including some of the more obscure like the Key of Solomon. And I further agree that all have great things and truths that lead to God. I love your statement about truth and ego. Is that not so true? That other poster does not reflect, IMO, what Christ taught at all but instead has a more Paulian faith, where Paul was often the antithesis of what Christ taught.

Thanks. I think that to heal all the pain and hostility in the world we need to look at the good in each other and in each other's religions and then peace is possible.