• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can O.T. christian & germanic religion be co-practiced

Can pagan germanic religion and traditional christianity be co-practiced? /theistically?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
Hmm it's called the edit feature, and the purpose being, to make the thread premise a understandable debate subject.
That premise now being whether or not Old Testament Christianity can be co-practiced with "Germanic religion" - i.e. Germanic Paganism. So the term is still applicable. Or would you rather I spell it Pågånism?

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
You've been writing 'heathenry'.
I'll post again what I posted back on Post #77:

"Heathenry, also termed Heathenism or Germanic Neopaganism, is a modern Pagan religion. Classified as a new religious movement, its practitioners model their faith on the pre-Christian belief systems adhered to by the Germanic peoples of Iron Age and Early Medieval Europe."

See that blue bit? That's a link. You can click it and learn more about Heathenry/Heathenism/Germanic (neo)Paganism.

Here it is, your dislike of my spelling.
No, there is me correcting your spelling. As I said, "Germånic" isn't a word. It doesn't exist. You're using an "exotic" spelling to make it seem more interesting, and to everyone who actually does practice Germanic Paganism, you're looking incredibly foolish.

But do as you will--enjoy your "Germånic" whatever. Far be it from anyone to say that I didn't try.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Technically yes if you look at it historically. Old Testament scripture is a mixture of Semitics paganism synthesized into something unique. Even more important is that we still have some understanding of Semitic paganism so you could still synthesize it directly into Germanic paganism. Now if there is doctrine you find useful then go ahead, it does not matter.

Could be, for a polytheist. As a monotheist, / Biblical God belief, I'm allowing others to argue that, in this thread.

Last edited:

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
Try you did. Hopefully, you've learned from your mistakes, and will now leave the serious discussion to con
9eb8ddded3d61113ec34e49f9855d35590326d78b96641a916e602efd1c50b07.jpg

You do realize I get everything that you type via my e-mail, right? Before you edit it?

Sync's post via e-mail.jpg

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Thread note:
The intent of meaning of 'germanic religion', in the premise, is meant broadly, and generally how the reader interprets that.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Technically yes if you look at it historically. Old Testament scripture is a mixture of Semitics paganism synthesized into something unique. Even more important is that we still have some understanding of Semitic paganism so you could still synthesize it directly into Germanic paganism. Now if there is doctrine you find useful then go ahead, it does not matter.
That is Syncretism, not the same thing as co-practicing two separate, what are set, as I call it , religions. So, there is some objectivity, to this question.

The question, means,☆ not syncretized, in other words. It's really not a question for dabblers etc, as noted by the nonsensical thread response. Dabblers or non syncretists, aren't even going to understand the premise, really. Obviously , as a Syncretic, would agree.

☆actually means, not syncretized, theistically.

Last edited:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Anyways, we might say that there can be a type of theoretical Syncretism, however via 'what is evidenced', there is clearly a problem.

Now, aside from similarities, [literal similarities, between Germånic religion, and "traditional christianity", we don't note the essence of attribute, in other words, which actually determines syncretic compatibility, with "odinist" type religion.

This, although strange, seems to just be the way it is, thusly making a polytheistic type of religious syncreticism, the only obvious parallel attributed, or evidenced, methodology, by which it makes sense.

This also would indicate, or does indicate, actually, a non-syncreticism with 'odinism', though not necessarily Germånic, type syncretization.

It's counterintuitive, perhaps, however it is noted.

Or another way to put it , 'germanic generally', no,[meaning 'odinism', basically,
Although
Germånic specified, contextually, [that can be argued

Last edited:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I believe I can apologize for that. Thank you for correcting me.
I believe that was a wording thing, as we both believe generally similar things concerning salvation.

The 'alternative', is alot worse than what non believers seem to argue, anyways.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
  • Doe one mean Germanic paganism, please?
  • I don't think there are any Old Testament Christians, please.
  • The Christians believe basically the New Testament Bible or Gospels+ some other books, they only believe in OT for the prophecies they think have been fulfilled from OT.
  • Paul borrowed basic tenets of modern-Christianity from the pagans of Rome:
    • like Christ dying on the Cross,
    • his resurrection from the dead on the third day
    • and ascension to skies.
    • Christ dying for the atonement of the sins of the Christians who are adamant not give up their sins without his death
    • and are happy that Jesus died ,
    • instead of not dying on the Cross.
  • Which one of the above is in the Germanic-Paganism, please.
Right, please?

Regards

Last edited:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
  • The Christians believe basically the New Testament Bible or Gospels+ some other books, they only believe in OT for the prophecies they think have been fulfilled from OT.
    • Christ dying for the atonement of the sins of the Christians who are adamant not give up their sins without his death
Right, please?

Regards
Have you read any of the Bible?

The 'christian bible', is the Old Testament, the gospels, the Epistles, and the Apocrypha, [that is contextually argued, sometimes.

The christian bible, is contextual, that is correct.

Last edited:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Right, please?

Regards
Jesus sacrifice means a better chance at sins being forgiven, not less. That statement you wrote about sins is unclear.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Right, please?

Regards
Your question belies an answer, there are differences that may be too much, to match, or syncretize.