• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can humans achieve Godhood?

Is it wrong for humans to believe that they can achieve Godhood?

• Yes. (for any reason)

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • No.

Votes: 14 66.7%

• Total voters

NewChapter

GiveMeATicketToWork
Hello everyone! So i randomly came across this thread http://www.religiousforums.com/threads/humans-achieving-godhood.146152/#post-3274859 and i decided to register and bring up this matter again.I read what a lot of people said and of course i respect everyones opinion and religion, but to be honest i am dissappointed..
I will answer any questions on the matter but i cant just write here for everyone because one must be willing to listen.

Man is the temple of God according to the Bible.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
We are already collectivlly God, its just that we don't know it, and therefore we follow relgions that in most case takes us away from our true SELF.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I would disagree, I mean being God means that you're supposed to be omnipotent. What's so omnipotent about knowing one's self?
We are all One in what you call God, and which I call the Source of all, we are not separte from the Source. Now to truly realze this is to be awakened to our true Source, we as the mind body organism have arisen from the Source, and because of the power of the mind have forgotten our true inner Being the Christ.

Jesus was just a simple man who did realize he's true Self the Christ, and we can also realze ouyr true inner Being the Christ. Much of religion have made us all ignorant, it has separted us from our true Self and has made us crawl after that which we already are, much of scripture is nothing but fairy stories with the hidden meaning or truth woven between the lines only to be discoved by the awakened one's.

InChrist

Free4ever
My perspective is that humans who are created beings can never achieve Godhood. Humans can become godly and Christ-like in character through God's grace and transforming power, but never God, as in having the eternal, Self-existent nature or essence He alone possesses or the qualities of omniscient, omnipresent, and omnipotence which are His alone.

Tell and bring forth your case;
Yes, let them take counsel together.
Who has declared this from ancient time?
Who has told it from that time?
Have not I, the Lord?
And there is no other God besides Me,
A just God and a Savior;
There is none besides Me.
“Look to Me, and be saved,
All you ends of the earth!
For I am God, and there is no other.
I have sworn by Myself
The word has gone out of My mouth in righteousness,
And shall not return,
That to Me every knee shall bow,