• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can Hillary still win?

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
From the article...

The Electoral College is made up of chosen electors who vote for president -- but they do not vote on Election Day. Rather, according to the New York Post, they will come together on December 19. Typically, they vote for the candidate who won the electoral college votes. Should the electors keep to this, Trump will win.

Electors may defect, however, or abstain from voting. In this case, Clinton could win. If electors do this, they are called "faithless electors."
This would be terrifying and I would not support this.

To answer your question directly, I am fairly certain Hillary has already formally conceded. So, no, I do not believe Hillary can still win.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
While it's technically possible that electors could deflect or refuse to vote, and thus give the election to Clinton, it's a pipe dream at this point.

Riders

so what we are saying is that our votes don't count Hillary won the popular vote that's what they said shes actually ahead by 100 thousand but because he wont the electoral he wins. So basically our vote does not count. so why do we vote?

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
so what we are saying is that our votes don't count Hillary won the popular vote that's what they said shes actually ahead by 100 thousand but because he wont the electoral he wins. So basically our vote does not count. so why do we vote?
Your votes count, try your best not to go down that rabbit hole. With that said, I do not think the electoral system is perfect and could use a bit of work.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
You know why they call it the "popular" vote?
Because it is nothing more than a popularity contest.
At least for the President of the United States.