• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can anybody say something positive about Christians today?

Can anybody say something positive about Christians today? I mean.other christians; is there something you can say without taking the place of justfier, sanctifier, glorifier? What's the point if knowing Christ has no joy, peace, grace, faith and hope in it? Where are the Self righteous pitbulls at? You might be able strut yourself around the pulpit, or around others; but who needs what you have? Oh you got everything. And we should be like you, cause you like spit and polish Bible thumper about God's work. Sorry! What do I know? I am not king of the hill. And I don't have my saintly thughood.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Can anybody say something positive about Christians today? I mean.other christians; is there something you can say without taking the place of justfier, sanctifier, glorifier? What's the point if knowing Christ has no joy, peace, grace, faith and hope in it? Where are the Self righteous pitbulls at? You might be able strut yourself around the pulpit, or around others; but who needs what you have? Oh you got everything. And we should be like you, cause you like spit and polish Bible thumper about God's work. Sorry! What do I know? I am not king of the hill. And I don't have my saintly thughood.
Why should anyone respond to your loaded questions?

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Can anybody say something positive about Christians today? I mean.other christians; is there something you can say without taking the place of justfier, sanctifier, glorifier? What's the point if knowing Christ has no joy, peace, grace, faith and hope in it? Where are the Self righteous pitbulls at? You might be able strut yourself around the pulpit, or around others; but who needs what you have? Oh you got everything. And we should be like you, cause you like spit and polish Bible thumper about God's work. Sorry! What do I know? I am not king of the hill. And I don't have my saintly thughood

---> ignore-list :rolleyes:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Not all Christians support evil.
Some are decent tolerant people.
Same goes for other religions.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
This could've been such a nice, kind-hearted thread topic if it had left out the not-so-subtle backhanded slaps.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
The Anglican Church over here wants to use its land (of which it has lots) to build affordable housing.

Naturally the government is trying to stop them at every turn.

The Archbishop of Canterbury regularly speaks about the climate issue.

There are many things going for it.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
While the mythology is complete bullocks, Christianity, like many religions, does foster a comrade in arms fraternity, and can be quite beautiful in its display of rituals and passionate camaraderie among peers.

People find solstice in its scripture as it provides verse oriented on the go inspiration and its iconic imagery and items including various statues and accessories serves as a tactile liaison between life and one's spiritual beliefs.

Those are some nice things I have to say about the religion.

InChrist

Free4ever
Love, peace, joy, hope…
I personally know of two nearby organizations of Christians; one that actively and practically is helping homeless, drug addicted people off the streets and another helping women out of poverty and abuse. Both provide long term support, friendships, counseling, job training skills, work and income opportunities, and much more. Both of these take NO government money, depend solely on donations, churches, and Christian volunteers, and are debt free, with over an 80% success rate of seeing people’s lives changed from one of degradation and hopelessness to lives filled with love, joy, peace, and hope.

RestlessSoul

The Anglican Church over here wants to use its land (of which it has lots) to build affordable housing.

Naturally the government is trying to stop them at every turn.

The Archbishop of Canterbury regularly speaks about the climate issue.

There are many things going for it.

He (Archbishop Justin Welby) has also appeared twice in the Big Issue, after befriending a vendor in Cambridge...

The Archbishop of Canterbury and his time as a vendor - The Big Issue

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Sure. I appreciate the fact that Christians open up non-profit hospitals, soup kitchens, and food banks (some denominations more than others).