• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can a Christian boy Marry a Hindu Girl ?

waitasec

Veteran Member
Hello People,

I have a girl friend who is from Hindu religion and I am Christian.

So my question is as per Hindu religion a Hindu girl can marry a Christian boy or no?

:yes: or :no:

If no then can you explain why so?

:confused:

what a strange question...

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
From a christian point of view, interfaith marriages, meaning Christians marrying non-Christians, are a terrible idea. Biblically speaking, they're not God's will

2 Corinthians 6:14 "Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?"

1 Corinthian 7:39 "A woman is bound to her husband as long as he lives. But if her husband dies, she is free to marry anyone she wishes, but he must belong to the Lord."

Deuteronomy 7:3-4 "You shall not intermarry with them, giving your daughters to their sons or taking their daughters for your sons, for they would turn away your sons from following me, to serve other gods. Then the anger of the Lord would be kindled against you, and he would destroy you quickly."

Last edited:

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Mark,

Know couples who consider themselves to be humans only they practice different ways/paths/religion to reach the same state of mind.
They even have children who are not forced to adopt any particular path/way/religion till they grow in understanding as the couple have taken to paths/ways/religion because their families practiced it and they never developed any personal misunderstanding about what all those meant and so they do not wish their children to repeat the same by blindly following a path because their parents follow it.
One should have the freedom to choose only after understanding the choices one has or else it is not a choice at all.

The decision here is your girlfriend and you for a future together which should be more open as LOVE is .........................

Love & rgds

religion99

Hello People,

So my question is as per Hindu religion a Hindu girl can marry a Christian boy or no?

In which country are you merrying?

Hello People,

Depends on how serious you are in your beliefs. My guess is that either you will join the Hindu faith, or you both will remain in your own religions.

Last edited:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Almost a year ago ML made 7 posts on the same topic in the space of little over an hour. I do wish sometimes people came and gave follow up. Just to satisfy the curiousity for the rest of us. For people still advising, I seriously doubt if Mark is still reading stuff on RF.

Jinse

Lawrence's other half
Love conquers all. Seen couples with different religion who got married and is well with each other.

Satyamavejayanti

There is no divisions based on religion or race in traditional Hinduism (Sanatana Dharma), The key belief of modern Hinduism and traditional Hinduism is "Many paths to one truth", I don't believe in the cast system as its not Hinduism, but someone here stated the Varna system, which as per Manu who was the traditional Law giver of Sanatana Dharma, has taken Varna to mean "Vocation and merit", So if both you and your partner have similar likes, dislikes, similar or compatible personalities, and are comfortable with each others educational and work history and ethics, no family dramas and mutual respect, and most importantly LOVE for each other then as per Traditional Hinduism (Sanatana Dharma) there is no restrictions, because there is no divorce system in Hinduism the partner you choose must be the one you die with (so don't rush anything), apart from that its all about family tradition, many Hindus confuse tradition with Dharma, so interfaith marriage from a Hindu perspective has no specific religious laws governing it, thats my thought.

Last edited:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Almost a year ago ML made 7 posts on the same topic in the space of little over an hour. I do wish sometimes people came and gave follow up. Just to satisfy the curiousity for the rest of us. For people still advising, I seriously doubt if Mark is still reading stuff on RF.

February 7, almost a year ago Mark asked this question. ??? Seriously, do people not read the dates on posts? It seems fine to discuss the overall situation of interfaith marriage, but to be addressing him?