• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

By the way -- if you claim to be a Christian...

2ndpillar

Rape - "unlawful sexual intercourse or any other sexual penetration of the vagina, anus, or mouth of another person, with or without force, by a sex organ, other body part, or foreign object, without the consent of the person subjected to such penetration.: See also sexual assault."

It's all so unfair to you, isn't it? It's all just illegal and immoral partisan politics intended to unfairly mistreat a man who doesn't deserve it in order to keep him out of the White House, right?
Rape: the crime, typically committed by a man, of forcing another person to have sexual intercourse with the offender against their will: I don't believe it is necessarily so, that Trump, walked into a store and put his finger in some god awful looking feminism rights gal, who writes about sexual relationships, and then when he is going to become president, remembers how an accusation can derail people, as with the Supreme Court appointments, and then speaks up, thinking she will accomplish her Progressive goal of taking down Trump and gaining notoriety. A skeptic would question the whole thing, just by looking what has been happening for the last 8 years. One lie after another, and Trump is still standing, and Fanny and James look to eventually having egg on their faces, and the feminist in this case, being like all other feminist, living alone, along with their cat, and their false friends. The 9th commandment is to not make a false witness. I expect you also support big lie Adam Schiff and his idiot comrades. What goes around comes around.

Tomef

2ndpillar seems like a troll to me. I can't imagine a serious Christian writing the stuff he writes.
I stopped being surprised a long time ago by the utter contempt some fundamentalist Christian types have for women. Still disgusted, but no longer surprised. They seem to love grotesque characters like Trump, who say and do the things they only dream about. Christ encountered a lot of religious hypocrites in his day too, and despised them like any normal person would, according to the gospels (although some of that is anti-Semitic propaganda).

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Some may find this interesting-- or disgusting:
Reuters interviews with 10 experts in faith-based political outreach, political science, media and religion outlined the contours of a Christian media space broadly supportive of Trump and his policies, though offering differing views about any religious mission he might have, and highlighting a shift in the messaging at the fringes in the run-up to this election.

Many conservative Christians have long relied on Christian media to champion political causes tied to their faith, like anti-communism and anti-abortion.

But what's new about this election cycle is the unabashed support for Trump and the frequency he is depicted as "God's chosen" leader, said Brian Calfano, a political science and journalism professor at the University of Cincinnati who has researched the proliferation of media-savvy ministers who support Trump...

The former president has started some rallies with a messianic video made by social media influencers which opens with the line: "On June 14, 1946, God looked down on his planned paradise and said: I need a caretaker, so God gave us Trump."

He has also shared on the Truth Social media app a sketch of himself in court, sitting next to what appears to be a rendering of Jesus Christ.

Written above the drawing: "Nobody could have made it this far alone."
-- 'God gave us Trump': Christian media evangelicals preach a messianic message

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Rape: the crime, typically committed by a man, of forcing another person to have sexual intercourse with the offender against their will
That's an antiquated definition of rape, which comes from the Oxford English Dictionary (British). This is from 2012 and it's the FBI's legal definition of rape in America. From An Updated Definition of Rape:

In a victory for survivors of rape and their advocates, the Attorney General announced a newly revised definition of rape for nationwide data collection, ensuring that rape will be more accurately reported nationwide. The change sends an important message to all victims that what happens to them matters, and to perpetrators that they will be held accountable. It was because of the voices of survivors, advocates, law enforcement personnel and many others that FBI Director Robert Mueller was able to make this important change within the FBI’s Uniform Crime Report (UCR) Summary Reporting System (SRS). “Forcible rape” had been defined by the UCR SRS as “the carnal knowledge of a female, forcibly and against her will.” That definition, unchanged since 1927, was outdated and narrow. It only included forcible male penile penetration of a female vagina. The new definition is: “The penetration, no matter how slight, of the vagina or anus with any body part or object, or oral penetration by a sex organ of another person, without the consent of the victim.”​

The legal definition of rape doesn't require violence or intercourse, just the absence of consent and penetration by any perp and any victim regardless of gender.
I don't believe it is necessarily so, that Trump, walked into a store and put his finger in some god awful looking feminism rights gal
Agreed. She could be lying. So what? A jury agreed unanimously that she's probably not, and it's their call, not ours.

If Carroll is lying, Trump has only himself to blame for making her seem credible. This is from a post I left on another thread last week:

It's possible Carroll made it all up, but the story is credible, Carroll is not known to be a liar, and Trump is a self-confessed sexual predator who enjoys grabbing women by their genitals. If Carroll is making it all up, Trump gave her the opportunity to do so credibly by making that claim. If you say something like that, you open the door, just as if you are ever heard saying that you want somebody dead, somebody else can kill them and you'll be the principal suspect.

I used to be a hospice medical director, and from time to time, we would have patients claim repeatedly that their hospice caregivers were abusing them. I can't say that they were lying, but I knew the accused caregivers, could vouch for their caring nature, and nobody else made the same complaints about them, meaning that if they were lying, they made it possible for those caregivers to abuse them with impunity and be believed when they denied it.
Fanny and James look to eventually having egg on their faces
You think so? James has defeated Trump and is already eyeballing his assets: Letitia James has already begun the process of seizing at least one of Donald Trump’s properties

I expect Willis, Bragg, and Smith all to prevail in their criminal prosecutions, but we really only need a few of the 88 felony charges to stick to put Trump away for the rest of his life.
The 9th commandment is to not make a false witness.
Irrelevant. What is relevant is perjury and the laws that proscribe it.

jimb

Premium Member
You are quoting some unknown writer who was supposedly a comrade of the false prophet Paul and is quoted as saying he was witness to nothing he wrote about (Luke 1:1). Which means his testimony can't be used to verify any matter per Mt 18:16. The proper quote from a first person witness would be from Matthew 19:16, in which Yeshua is quoted as saying to "enter into life" "keep the Commandments", and he then listed the ones concerned with loving your neighbor in Matthew 19:18-19. To love your neighbor as yourself, is to tell the neighbor the truth, and not a lie. Those who love lies will find themselves locked outside the gates (Rev 22:14-15), which is all right with me, but I am required to tell them the truth. We are in the time when "we call the arrogant blessed... and the doers of wickedness/lawlessness are built up, and even "test God and escape" (Malachi 3:15). That is all coming to an end. I am just letting you know. You, like your Marxist leader, and the false prophet Paul, are the one calling themselves god or the voice of God, and determining what is right and what is wrong. What is right and what is wrong, is determined by God and not by you or your friends Karl or Paul, or in some cases some mythical guy called Mohammad. That is called humanism, the creed of the ruthless, and the "wide path" to "destruction" (Mt 7:12-15. Honor your parents (Mt 19:19), and don't get your blood pressure up, or as written per the 5th Commandment, lest you die before your time. One thing about the "woke" is that they have a hard time with their blood pressure and have been seen howling at the moon to relieve pressure. I don't really think that works.
Matthew 18:16
But if he will not listen, take one or two others along, so that 'every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.'

View attachment 89674

You are clearly negative and clearly confused, so which should I believe: a) what the Bible clearly says orb) your misinformed interpretation of what it says? And you throw in nonsense "your Marxist leader" and "some mythical guy called Mohammad".

I will respond to only one thing in your negative post: why do you call Paul a "false prophet". He was personally chosen by Jesus and wrote the majority of the NT epistles. So why do you describe him as false?

Finally, if you expect to be taken seriously, you should carefully consider what you write. Otherwise, nobody will pay attention to what you have to say.

Tomef

Some may find this interesting-- or disgusting:
Reuters interviews with 10 experts in faith-based political outreach, political science, media and religion outlined the contours of a Christian media space broadly supportive of Trump and his policies, though offering differing views about any religious mission he might have, and highlighting a shift in the messaging at the fringes in the run-up to this election.

Many conservative Christians have long relied on Christian media to champion political causes tied to their faith, like anti-communism and anti-abortion.

But what's new about this election cycle is the unabashed support for Trump and the frequency he is depicted as "God's chosen" leader, said Brian Calfano, a political science and journalism professor at the University of Cincinnati who has researched the proliferation of media-savvy ministers who support Trump...

The former president has started some rallies with a messianic video made by social media influencers which opens with the line: "On June 14, 1946, God looked down on his planned paradise and said: I need a caretaker, so God gave us Trump."

He has also shared on the Truth Social media app a sketch of himself in court, sitting next to what appears to be a rendering of Jesus Christ.

Written above the drawing: "Nobody could have made it this far alone."
-- 'God gave us Trump': Christian media evangelicals preach a messianic message
What a bunch of nutters.

jimb

Premium Member
In today's jargon, it represents those who think girls are boys and boys are girls, and that travesties should teach kindergarteners how to be a transvestite, and that a mask is a symbol of Democracy, and will prevent you from getting covid. They also, as in the case of Biden, push the killing of the unborn as the basis of democracy. In my day, it represented getting up in the morning.

So much for loving your neighbor as yourself. I feel sorry for you!

2ndpillar

So much for loving your neighbor as yourself. I feel sorry for you!
I probably should feel sorry for those who think men can give birth to babies, but sorry isn't the expression I would use. Possibly Darwin was correct, and the survival of the fittest is correct, and those letting felons out of prisons in mass, will meet up with them on the street, and we can see reduced population and CO2 levels at the same time.

jimb

Premium Member
You are quoting some unknown writer who was supposedly a comrade of the false prophet Paul and is quoted as saying he was witness to nothing he wrote about (Luke 1:1). Which means his testimony can't be used to verify any matter per Mt 18:16. The proper quote from a first person witness would be from Matthew 19:16, in which Yeshua is quoted as saying to "enter into life" "keep the Commandments", and he then listed the ones concerned with loving your neighbor in Matthew 19:18-19. To love your neighbor as yourself, is to tell the neighbor the truth, and not a lie. Those who love lies will find themselves locked outside the gates (Rev 22:14-15), which is all right with me, but I am required to tell them the truth. We are in the time when "we call the arrogant blessed... and the doers of wickedness/lawlessness are built up, and even "test God and escape" (Malachi 3:15). That is all coming to an end. I am just letting you know. You, like your Marxist leader, and the false prophet Paul, are the one calling themselves god or the voice of God, and determining what is right and what is wrong. What is right and what is wrong, is determined by God and not by you or your friends Karl or Paul, or in some cases some mythical guy called Mohammad. That is called humanism, the creed of the ruthless, and the "wide path" to "destruction" (Mt 7:12-15. Honor your parents (Mt 19:19), and don't get your blood pressure up, or as written per the 5th Commandment, lest you die before your time. One thing about the "woke" is that they have a hard time with their blood pressure and have been seen howling at the moon to relieve pressure. I don't really think that works.
Matthew 18:16
But if he will not listen, take one or two others along, so that 'every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.'

View attachment 89674

I am not going to continue to discuss Biblical matters with you. You think that you're clever and have all the answers, but you are being fooled by your own mind. As of now, you're on "ignore".

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Who/what is "Rotto Rooter"? And what is your post supposed to mean?

We had a flood in our basement, and Roto Rooter is a national company that unclogs drains and pipes that we called out more than once.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Well, apparently you and all people with Trump derangement syndrome
Just declaring "Trump derangement syndrome" and posting internet memes isn't an argument.
Try again.
will have to hope that their idiot court rulings and prosecutions hold up in appeal.
Hang your hat on that, if you want.

As for your "rape" case, which is only called rape in New York, it was with respect to verdict based on one person testimony, which was deemed by a jury as sexual abuse.
Trump has been found liable for sexual abuse and defamation in a court of law by a judge and jury. Them's the facts.
I hope you never groped a girl's breast, for in New York, that could get you fined $5 million dollars,
Good! Don't grope womens' breasts without their consent! Are you serious?

I'm a woman, by the way and I have been groped without my consent, so you're barking up the wrong tree here.
with apparently no statutes of limitations.
Good. We don't have a statue of limitations on sexual abuse where I come from.
You better not make one of your old friends mad 20 years after the fact of being in the same town at the time of any accusations she might make. 8th Ammendment"
Don't grope women. Pretty simple.
The Eighth Amendment prohibits certain types of punishment: excessive bail, excessive fines, and cruel and unusual punishments.1 As discussed in more detail in the following essays, these prohibitions were intended to protect persons convicted of crimes from government abuses of power.
Waaah. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Last edited:

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Rape: the crime, typically committed by a man, of forcing another person to have sexual intercourse with the offender against their will: I don't believe it is necessarily so, that Trump, walked into a store and put his finger in some god awful looking feminism rights gal,
Stop right there.

What bearing do her looks have on anything? You do realize this is an antiquated argument used for decades against women who speak out about sexual abuse. Next you'll be asking "what was she wearing?" :rolleyes: It seems you missed the point of the entire #MeToo movement, unfortunately.
who writes about sexual relationships,
So?
and then when he is going to become president, remembers how an accusation can derail people, as with the Supreme Court appointments, and then speaks up,
Good. If I saw that my rapist were running for President, I'd do everything in my power to tell everyone in the country that he raped me and that he's unfit for office.

I'd scream it from a mountaintop.

Sexual assault is a horrendous crime.
thinking she will accomplish her Progressive goal of taking down Trump and gaining notoriety. A skeptic would question the whole thing, just by looking what has been happening for the last 8 years.
What has been happening for the last eight years?
One lie after another, and Trump is still standing,
Yes, any rational person can see Trump is a pathological liar.
and Fanny and James look to eventually having egg on their faces, and the feminist in this case, being like all other feminist, living alone, along with their cat, and their false friends.
Echoing Trump's defamatory comments about her. How classy of you.
The 9th commandment is to not make a false witness. I expect you also support big lie Adam Schiff and his idiot comrades. What goes around comes around.
Looks like I was right the first time. You've fallen down some hate-filled far right-wing rabbit hole of garbage that ends with you defending a civilly liable sexual abuser.
Ick.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I probably should feel sorry for those who think men can give birth to babies, but sorry isn't the expression I would use. Possibly Darwin was correct, and the survival of the fittest is correct, and those letting felons out of prisons in mass, will meet up with them on the street, and we can see reduced population and CO2 levels at the same time.
This post is all over the place.