• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Buying Land

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
But gittin guts and growin' oats is man's work ... yer job to provide the key ingredients. Aren't there some Amish around there you could buy a sheep from? (I actually delivered some of the horrid stuff to the faculty club at our university for Robbie Burns Day ... stunk up my van.)
No Amish up here.
They tend to stay south of the border (MI & OH or IN).

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yep! One of those....Right now I'm trying to talk new subdivision applicants into adding hiking trails a playground and community garden to the common areas. It's totally voluntary but boy do I put on a good sales pitch on site walks.
Linear parks.
We need more linear parks, especially those long enuf for long bike trips.

wandering peacefully

Which way to the woods?
Linear parks.
We need more linear parks, especially those long enuf for long bike trips.
Exactly. Massive connected green spaces are always found in long lasting, citizen involved, successful communities.

Attracting young people with higher incomes and better health for all is part of ithe reason while neighbors having fun and having many opportunities to meet and interact with each other is another important reason to have the connected trail system.

I'm trying. I'm hoping more people will become involved in my grand plan for a mountain bike, cross country skiing and hiking trails system with around 350 kilometers
It has to be planned soon because the massive building projects are coming to town. Plan ahead and try to make sure it's set up before the development cuts off even more access than it already has.

esmith

Veteran Member
Living in one of the States that the majority of the land is owned by the government I see as a benefit in that it allows for public use of that land.

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
You really live in Russia? Interesting. Not to go off-topic but I'm curious about how you feel about their "anti-LGBT propaganda laws. I'd be scared to go to Russia over that and because I'm not white and I hear darker skinned people are treated badly there.
Oh, I don't live in Russia anymore. Turns out I did go back. Anyway, I never noticed any discrimination or violence based off anyone's sexuality or their color. Things might have changed since then, but I doubt it. Of course, Russia is a huge place and this would probably vary depending on where you are in the country.