• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

British Values

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
Enlighten us.

upload_2019-2-23_14-14-10.png

upload_2019-2-23_14-20-22.png

Care to explain how UKIP and For Britain protect equal rights when their own manifestos state their intent to abolish them?

Attachments

• upload_2019-2-23_13-50-52.png
    upload_2019-2-23_13-50-52.png
    246.8 KB · Views: 0

Notanumber

A Free Man

Care to explain how UKIP and For Britain protect equal rights when their own manifestos state their intent to abolish them?

If their proposals mean that the victims will be given support in preference to the criminals I am all for it.

Why should criminals be given preferential rights over innocent victims?

It would seem that both parties have adopted common sense policies and the sooner they be implemented the better.

The Emperor of Mankind

If their proposals mean that the victims will be given support in preference to the criminals I am all for it.

Why should criminals be given preferential rights over innocent victims?

It would seem that both parties have adopted common sense policies and the sooner they be implemented the better.

Unsurprisingly, that doesn't answer my question. How can UKIP and For Britain protect our rights if they abolish them? This is so Orwellian and ill-thought out on your part.

Notanumber

A Free Man
Unsurprisingly, that doesn't answer my question. How can UKIP and For Britain protect our rights if they abolish them? This is so Orwellian and ill-thought out on your part.

Because their proposals are far superior to what we have at present.

A change is as good as a rest and we are desperate for change.

If we do not like their changes, we can vote them out of office, which is something we cannot do with our current lawmakers.

The Emperor of Mankind

Because their proposals are far superior to what we have at present.

That daft little sound-bite still does not explain how our rights are protected by being destroyed. That's like me saying to you 'Don't worry, NAN. I'll protect you from poverty!!' and then proceeding to all your money & valuables.

Do you think it's wise to deny gay people the right to not be treated as second-class citizens if it means a terror suspect can be extradited to some Arab dictatorship where the government can torture him? If you're okay with that, how would you feel if you were sacked on the grounds of a formerly-protected characteristic? What if you faced systematic discrimination for being an atheist?

Human rights are for everybody or nobody because everybody is born human; nobody is born a terrorist. Stripping yourself and your friends of their rights just to ensure 'brown people' get deported some place nasty is so short-sighted it dumbfounds me.

A change is as good as a rest and we are desperate for change.

So you just want to change our human rights legislation for the sheer sake of it? That's so pointlessly contrarian. Worse, that still doesn't explain how removing our rights is protecting our rights.

If we do not like their changes, we can vote them out of office, which is something we cannot do with our current lawmakers.

Unless they somehow manage to rig the system in such a way that means we cannot get rid of them. Given the sheer contempt for the law & democracy shown by the likes of Yaxley-Lennon, Daniel Hannan et al, I would not be at all surprised if they tried it.

As of the end of your post, you still can't explain how our rights are being protected by being removed.

Notanumber

A Free Man
That daft little sound-bite still does not explain how our rights are protected by being destroyed. That's like me saying to you 'Don't worry, NAN. I'll protect you from poverty!!' and then proceeding to all your money & valuables.

Do you think it's wise to deny gay people the right to not be treated as second-class citizens if it means a terror suspect can be extradited to some Arab dictatorship where the government can torture him? If you're okay with that, how would you feel if you were sacked on the grounds of a formerly-protected characteristic? What if you faced systematic discrimination for being an atheist?

Human rights are for everybody or nobody because everybody is born human; nobody is born a terrorist. Stripping yourself and your friends of their rights just to ensure 'brown people' get deported some place nasty is so short-sighted it dumbfounds me.

So you just want to change our human rights legislation for the sheer sake of it? That's so pointlessly contrarian. Worse, that still doesn't explain how removing our rights is protecting our rights.

Unless they somehow manage to rig the system in such a way that means we cannot get rid of them. Given the sheer contempt for the law & democracy shown by the likes of Yaxley-Lennon, Daniel Hannan et al, I would not be at all surprised if they tried it.

As of the end of your post, you still can't explain how our rights are being protected by being removed.

Accountability is the key.

If we do not like what they are doing, we vote them out of office.

Do you agree with the following statement -

“Europe’s nations should be guided towards the super state without their people understanding what is happening. This can be accomplished by successive steps, each disguised as having an economic purpose, but which will eventually and irreversibly lead to federation.”

Altfish

Veteran Member
Accountability is the key.

If we do not like what they are doing, we vote them out of office.

Do you agree with the following statement -

“Europe’s nations should be guided towards the super state without their people understanding what is happening. This can be accomplished by successive steps, each disguised as having an economic purpose, but which will eventually and irreversibly lead to federation.”
Oh no, the Brexiteers are not throwing about this false quote from the 1950s again.
This has been proven to have been manipulated and changed to suit the anti Europe agenda.

Notanumber

A Free Man
It looks like the journalist Tommy Robinson has exposed the British Broadcasting Corporation as the purveyors of Fake News.

If I were far right, I would cancel my TV licence.

Altfish

Veteran Member
It looks like the journalist Tommy Robinson has exposed the British Broadcasting Corporation as the purveyors of Fake News.

If I were far right, I would cancel my TV licence.
Errr, no.

The event was a shambles, he ended up showing his wedding video at one stage to waste time.

Altfish

Veteran Member
He might not have a university degree but he is good at his job.

How many others could have stitched up the BBC while they were trying their best to stitch him up?
You really do live in a world of make believe - yesterday the BBC confirmed that it is still investigating Stephen Yaxley Lennon.
If he had nothing to hide, SYL would ring them up and give an interview - instead he gets his thugs to protest in Salford after showing his wedding video.

What is he worried about??

Notanumber

A Free Man
You really do live in a world of make believe - yesterday the BBC confirmed that it is still investigating Stephen Yaxley Lennon.
If he had nothing to hide, SYL would ring them up and give an interview - instead he gets his thugs to protest in Salford after showing his wedding video.

What is he worried about??

The truth will out. Watch this space.

Notanumber

A Free Man
Gerard had to use his political influence to stand up to Facebook where other politicians failed.

This young man makes some very good points.