• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bringing Christianity into disrepute!

JJ50

How does your life reflect Christs?

I read the bible and even at 12 years old I understood how it shows God and his reasons for his laws at the time when men were unruly and even sacrificed their own children to idols.
God had to lead mankind to see their own evil and to know you reap what you sow. His way was for mankind to love one another. How would you show that such savage and heartless people were wrong in what they did?

God does not ask you to judge others he asks you to judge your own life for each is accountable for their own. Christ drew men unto himself by his own actions and life with God. How do you know that you would not draw those you judge unto Christ had you followed his example? Sometimes it is all to easy to judge others. To judge their actions and even to condemn if not careful. You are a parent so ask yourself what you expect of your children.

You are judging me, you make statements which might make sense to you, but unless you have had my experience of life, which is very different to yours, you haven't a clue about my actual mindset.

Faithofchristian

Some extreme Christians, of the fundamentalist/Biblical literalist genre, bring the faith into disrepute with their unpleasant behaviour. Their attitude to the faith is most off putting, and is likely to have unbelievers running for the hills rather than wishing to take on board Christianity. I have been particularly disgusted by the nasty bigots who are anti-gay, they are evil, imo. There are many gay Christians in this world, as I have said before even Jesus could have been gay, as he supposedly had a disciple whom he loved. I would love to see the look on their faces if that could be proved to be correct.

Just because a gay person will say their a Christian, does not make them in anyway a Christian.

I suppose by your standards, if a gay person said their a tree, you would believe them to be a tree.

JJ50

Just because a gay person will say their a Christian, does not make them in anyway a Christian.

I suppose by your standards, if a gay person said their a tree, you would believe them to be a tree.
What a silly post. There is nothing wrong with loving someone of the same sex and marrying them.

sooda

Veteran Member
Rubbish! It is a very Christian thing to say as it is God's Word not my words that says it, unless your trying to say the bible is not Chrsitian?

You promote your words to try and argue away God's Word, so your argument is with God not me. Your teaching and pomoting sin for which you will be held accountable because promoting sin is not Christian or a Christian thing to say or do.

Your clearly do not know what you are talking about trying to justify sin when God's Word calls homosexuality an abomination in God's eyes and says those doing it will not enter into God's Kingdom.

"Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God." (1 Corinthians 6:9-10)

"You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination." (Leviticus 18:22)

"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them." (Leviticus 20:13)

According to 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 your deceived if you think you can practice homosexuality and enter into God's Kingdom.

Sorry friend God's Word disagrees with you.

Not that Paul wrote Corinthians and the Levites wrote Leviticus during the Babylonian exile.

sooda

Veteran Member
Rubbish! It is a very Christian thing to say as it is God's Word not my words that says it, unless your trying to say the bible is not Chrsitian?

You promote your words to try and argue away God's Word, so your argument is with God not me. Your teaching and pomoting sin for which you will be held accountable because promoting sin is not Christian or a Christian thing to say or do.

Your clearly do not know what you are talking about trying to justify sin when God's Word calls homosexuality an abomination in God's eyes and says those doing it will not enter into God's Kingdom.

"Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God." (1 Corinthians 6:9-10)

"You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination." (Leviticus 18:22)

"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them." (Leviticus 20:13)

According to 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 your deceived if you think you can practice homosexuality and enter into God's Kingdom.

Sorry friend God's Word disagrees with you.

Corinthians was written by Paul around 56 AD from Corinth.. God didn't write it.

JJ50

In my opinion the documents making up the Bible were written by humans with no help from an entity, which more than likely doesn't exist.

sooda

Veteran Member
Only anti-gay bigots think there is anything wrong with being gay.:mad:

I Wish You Love
Natalie Cole
Goodbye, no use leading with our chins, this is where our story ends,
Never lovers ever friends.
Goodbye, let our hearts call it a day, but before you walk away,
I sincerely want to say.

I wish you bluebirds in the spring, to give your heart a song to sing,
And then a kiss, but more than this, I wish you love.
And in July, lemonade to cool you in some leafy glade,
I wish you health, and more than wealth, I wish you love.
My breaking heart and I agree that you and I could never be,
So with my best, my very best, I set you free.
I wish you shelter from the storm, a cozy fire to keep you warm,
Most of all, when snowflakes fall, I wish you love.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Rubbish! It is a very Christian thing to say as it is God's Word not my words that says it, unless your trying to say the bible is not Chrsitian
Leviticus isn’t Christian — it’s Judaic. And ancient, and from a different culture. And it’s not Gods words, it’s the words of the authors who wrote it.
You promote your words to try and argue away God's Word, so your argument is with God not me
No, my argument is with the one who misinterprets in order to keep discriminating against those who need compassion.
Your clearly do not know what you are talking about trying to justify sin when God's Word calls homosexuality an abomination in God's eyes and says those doing it will not enter into God's Kingdom
I’d say there is one here who clearly does not know what he is talking about, and it ain’t the one with a master’s degree in biblical studies.

sojourner

Of course it does! You’ve somehow managed to miss the whole point of Matthew’s gospel, which centers around the pericope of the wheat and the weeds.

Faithofchristian

Of course it does! You’ve somehow managed to miss the whole point of Matthew’s gospel, which centers around the pericope of the wheat and the weeds.

Well it's evidence that you have no idea
Who is he wheat and tares are.

further more have you any idea when the wheat and tares took place, when did it happen

sojourner

Well it's evidence that you have no idea
Who is he wheat and tares are.

further more have you any idea when the wheat and tares took place, when did it happen
It doesn’t matter which are which! That’s the point of the gospel. The point is not how pious you are. The point is that righteousness is found in doing justice and loving mercy. Where’s the justice and mercy in the prejudice against homosexuals?

Yes, I know precisely where it is. The parable of the wheat and weeds falls very close to the middle of the gospel, which is why it is the central theme of the gospel. It’s the third of five discourses in the gospel, that are arranged in concentric circles, all pointing to the “bullseye” sermon in the middle. The first and fifth are the sermon on the mount and the end times discourse. These bracket the second and fourth, which are the missionary sermon and the sermon on the church. These bracket the parables discourse. A parable is a story that is parabolic — that is, runs counter to the way we think things work. Matthew’s thrust is that Jesus’ followers constitute a True Israel, where justice and mercy count for more than personal piety. In God’s kin-dom, how we treat homosexuals is far more important than who is homosexual, or whether someone is homosexual.

sojourner

There is no such thing as a gay or homosexual Christian. This would fall more towards Sodom and Gomorrah which was a lesson to all those who practice this lifestyle. God loves the sinner but hates the sin and the wages of sin is death to all those who reject the gift of God's dear son. It is love not hate that tells the truth. Although it is true that some may do this in a way that is also not Christian.
Let me really rebut this with the passage from Ezekiel 16:49: 49 This was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride, excess of food, and prosperous ease, but did not aid the poor and needy.

tigrers2019

We know that they had no concept for sexual orientation, because there was no language for it.

The ancients were very familiar with a number of innate sexual distinctions, though not as many that have been discovered up to our time.

Here are a number:

Arrenomanes- mad after, or, boy crazy.

Paiderasste- sexual behaviour between males.

Pathikos- the passive penetrated partner.

Kinaidos- effeminate males, salient feature of feminine love of being sexually penetrated by other males.

Lesbiai- female/female sex.

Dihetaristrial- sexual love between women.

The ancient Jews only identified sexual practices associated with the worship of pagan priests and priestesses in accordance to the supposed desires of their deities. The chapters 18 & 20 of Leviticus identifies hetero, homo, and bestiality, used in pagan worship.

Deuteronomy chapter 22:5 identifies the kind of clothing worn by these priests and priestessses. The ancient Hebrew word throughout the book of Leviticus TOWEBAH (abomination) always points directly to pagan worship. There are 2 other ancient Hebrew words translated (abomination) in English that most Christians think are the same word as TOWEBAH, they are mistaken.

sojourner

The ancients were very familiar with a number of innate sexual distinctions, though not as many that have been discovered up to our time.

Here are a number:

Arrenomanes- mad after, or, boy crazy.

Paiderasste- sexual behaviour between males.

Pathikos- the passive penetrated partner.

Kinaidos- effeminate males, salient feature of feminine love of being sexually penetrated by other males.

Lesbiai- female/female sex.

Dihetaristrial- sexual love between women.

The ancient Jews only identified sexual practices associated with the worship of pagan priests and priestesses in accordance to the supposed desires of their deities. The chapters 18 & 20 of Leviticus identifies hetero, homo, and bestiality, used in pagan worship.

Deuteronomy chapter 22:5 identifies the kind of clothing worn by these priests and priestessses. The ancient Hebrew word throughout the book of Leviticus TOWEBAH (abomination) always points directly to pagan worship. There are 2 other ancient Hebrew words translated (abomination) in English that most Christians think are the same word as TOWEBAH, they are mistaken.
Enlightening, but none of them denotes an orientation.

3rdAngel

In my opinion the documents making up the Bible were written by humans with no help from an entity, which more than likely doesn't exist.
Well that explains everything a lot. Much of the people in the days of Noah did not believe in God as well as the inhabitants of Sodom and Gommorah but for them it is too late. The scriptures say that what happened to Sodom and Gomorrah and the people in Noahs day are example of of what will happen to the ungodly at the 2nd coming (2 Peter 2:6).

Luke 17:26-30
26, And as it came to pass in the days of Noah, even so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.
27, They ate, they drank, they married, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.
28, Likewise even as it came to pass in the days of Lot; they ate, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;
29, but in the day that Lot went out from Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all:
30, after the same manner shall it be in the day that the Son of man is revealed.

Matthew 24:35-39
35, Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
36, But of that day and hour knows no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
37, But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
38, For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
39, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

How sad would you be if you had a knowledge of the truth but turned your back to the warnings of God's Word then finding yourself in that situation?

For me I believe God's Word and I believe sadly many are going to find out too late what they have missed out on.