• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bringing Christianity into disrepute!

3rdAngel

Again: the texts never mention “homosexuality.”
WRONG!

See above Koine Greek and interlinear translation.

See also how most English tranlsation use the Greek word μαλακοὶ οὔτε ἀρσενοκοῖται used here which links back to Leviticus 18:22; Leviticus 20:13.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
9, Know you not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor men who practice homosexuality, 10, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortionists, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Parrallel translation of 1 Corinthians 6:9 linked here click me...

New International Version
Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men

New Living Translation
Don’t you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality,

English Standard Version
Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,

Berean Study Bible
Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who submit to or perform homosexual acts,

Berean Literal Bible
Or do you not know that the unrighteous ones will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,

New American Standard Bible
Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,

King James Bible
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

Christian Standard Bible
Don't you know that the unrighteous will not inherit God's kingdom? Do not be deceived: No sexually immoral people, idolaters, adulterers, or males who have sex with males,

Contemporary English Version
Don't you know that evil people won't have a share in the blessings of God's kingdom? Don't fool yourselves! No one who is immoral or worships idols or is unfaithful in marriage or is a pervert or behaves like a homosexual

Good News Translation
Surely you know that the wicked will not possess God's Kingdom. Do not fool yourselves; people who are immoral or who worship idols or are adulterers or homosexual perverts

Holman Christian Standard Bible
Don't you know that the unrighteous will not inherit God's kingdom? Do not be deceived: No sexually immoral people, idolaters, adulterers, or anyone practicing homosexuality,

International Standard Version
You know that wicked people will not inherit the kingdom of God, don't you? Stop deceiving yourselves! Sexually immoral people, idolaters, adulterers, male prostitutes, homosexuals,

NET Bible
Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! The sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, passive homosexual partners, practicing homosexuals,

New Heart English Bible
Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor men who have sexual relations with men,

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
Or do you not know that evil men do not inherit The Kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; no fornicators, neither worshipers of idols, neither adulterers, neither sexual molesters, neither males lying down with males,

GOD'S WORD® Translation
Don't you know that wicked people won't inherit the kingdom of God? Stop deceiving yourselves! People who continue to commit sexual sins, who worship false gods, those who commit adultery, homosexuals,

New American Standard 1977
Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,

Jubilee Bible 2000
Know ye not that the unjust shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not err: neither fornicators nor idolaters nor adulterers nor effeminate nor homosexuals

World English Bible
Or don't you know that the unrighteous will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don't be deceived. Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor male prostitutes, nor homosexuals,

Young's Literal Translation
have ye not known that the unrighteous the reign of God shall not inherit? be not led astray; neither whoremongers, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor sodomites

Sorry my friend God's Word disagrees with you. Your trying to argue your words against God's Word in order to teach that sin is ok. Would not like to be in your shoes come judgment day.

Koine Greek linked

ἀρσενοκοῖται arsenokoitai = homosexuals,

Englishman's Concordance
ἀρσενοκοῖται (arsenokoitai) — 1 Occurrence
1 Corinthians 6:9 N-NMP
GRK: μαλακοὶ οὔτε ἀρσενοκοῖται
NAS: effeminate, nor homosexuals,
KJV: nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
INT: effeminate nor homosexuals

Hope this helps

Last edited:

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
No problem. Still says the same thing...

Koine Greek linked

Englishman's Concordance

Hope this helps
Yeah, except that “arsenokoite” doesn’t mean “homosexual” in the modern sense of that term. It’s more closely related to prostitution or rape. It had nothing to do with loving, consensual relationships or sexual orientation.

Darkforbid

Yeah, except that “arsenokoite” doesn’t mean “homosexual” in the modern sense of that term. It’s more closely related to prostitution or rape. It had nothing to do with loving, consensual relationships or sexual orientation.

All rubbish because you can always go back to the hebrew text

3rdAngel

Rubbish. You have seen the interlinear, the Koine Greek and Greek dictionaries in reference to toἀρσενοκοῖται arsenokoitai which tranlate to english as homosexuality. You have seen how this also links back to the Hebrew texts of Leviticus 18:22; Leviticus 20:13. You have also seen how nearly all bible translation translate the Greek Word ἀρσενοκοῖται arsenokoitai to english as homosexuals or homosexuality. Your denial of the scripture in order to teach that sin is ok with God is simply sad on your behalf. Is this is a pet sin of yours that you are trying to justify in order to deny the scriptures?

Last edited:

sojourner

Rubbish. You have seen the interlinear, the Koine Greek and Greek dictionaries in reference to toἀρσενοκοῖται arsenokoitai which tranlate to english as homosexuality. You have seen how this also links back to the Hebrew texts of Leviticus 18:22; Leviticus 20:13. You have also seen how nearly all bible translation translate the Greek Word ἀρσενοκοῖται arsenokoitai to english as homosexuals or homosexuality. Your denial of the scripture in order to teach that sin is ok with God is simply sad on your behalf. Is this is a pet sin of yours that you are trying to justify in order to deny the scriptures?
So, your argument is a fallacy, arguing from popularity? If I said “most Christians think homosexuality is ok,” you’d say, “doesn’t matter how many.”

Everyone with a brain stem knows that translation isn’t an exact science. Many times, expedients are used. The NRSV (arguably the best English translation) uses the term “male prostitutes,” not “homosexuals.” Why? Because “homosexual” is no longer apropos in the modern understanding of homosexuality. I notice you didn’t cite that particular version. Even The Message uses the term, “ those who use and abuse sex.” And it’s not even a translation.

Last edited:

Darkforbid

Why not? Got something against diversity?

It's a joke, people around my age get

Gay was a word being used in its original form when I was a child "roaming with gay abandon" was said of me offten

And Rainbow was a pre school TV program that's where the rainbow QUOTE comes from

sojourner

It's a joke, people around my age get

Gay was a word being used in its original form when I was a child "roaming with gay abandon" was said of me offten

And Rainbow was a pre school TV program that's where the rainbow QUOTE comes from
Got it. Are you British?

3rdAngel

So, your argument is a fallacy, arguing from popularity? If I said “most Christians think homosexuality is ok,” you’d say, “doesn’t matter how many.”

Everyone with a brain stem knows that translation isn’t an exact science. Many times, expedients are used. The NRSV (arguably the best English translation) uses the term “male prostitutes,” not “homosexuals.” Why? Because “homosexual” is no longer apropos in the modern understanding of homosexuality. I notice you didn’t cite that particular version. Even The Message uses the term, “ those who use and abuse sex.” And it’s not even a translation.

Well that is not true you were provided God's Word from the Hebrew scriptures and from the very Koine Greek scriptures from the Word of God. Your response was to simply ignore God's Word. Ignoring God's Word does not make it dissappear. You were provided God's Word your response was to simply use your words to deny the scriptures provided to you and to say everyone is wrong except you. Your denial of the scriptures which are only sent in love and as a help to you is amazing and is something I will leave between you and God who we all answer to come judgment day. Sadly if you leave it to then it may be too late and you may regret ignoring the scriptures you close your eyes and ears to. You are indeed bringing Christianity into disrepute by what you claim and teach. God's Word does not teach that it is ok to practice sin. In fact it says those that do so do not know God and if they say they do they are lying *1 John 2:3-4.

sojourner

Well that is not true you were provided God's Word from the Hebrew scriptures and from the very Koine Greek scriptures from the Word of God. Your response was to simply ignore God's Word. Ignoring God's Word does not make it dissappear. You were provided God's Word your response was to simply use your words to deny the scriptures provided to you and to say everyone is wrong except you. Your denial of the scriptures which are only sent in love and as a help to you is amazing and is something I will leave between you and God who we all answer to come judgment day. Sadly if you leave it to then it may be too late and you may regret ignoring the scriptures you close your eyes and ears to. You are indeed bringing Christianity into disrepute by what you claim and teach. God's Word does not teach that it is ok to practice sin. In fact it says those that do so do not know God and if they say they do they are lying *1 John 2:3-4.
I didn’t say that it’s ok to practice sin. I DID say that “homosexuality” isn’t a great translation. I also said that Leviticus says nothing against homosexuality. I even showed you a better translation, where “homosexuals” is avoided, for the very reasons I mentioned. Why do you suppose that translation doesn’t say “homosexuals” when it’s taken from the same Greek texts? How do you explain that problem?

Last edited:

tigrers2019

The reason I listed those ancient Greek words pertaining to Gays and Lesbians in my prior post [#118] was to show that the Apostle Paul knew of, and could have, used these words to identify these people had they been the ones he had in mind.

In 1Cor.6:9 the Apostle Paul could have used the word paiderasste which meant: 'sexual behavior between males' ......but he didn't.

In 1Cor.6:9 the Apostle Paul could have used the word kinaidos which meant: 'males whose most salient feature was supposedly feminine love of being sexually penetrated by other males'......but he didn't.

Yes, I am referring to the Koine Greek words Arsenokoites and Malakos.

3rdAngel

The reason I listed those ancient Greek words pertaining to Gays and Lesbians in my prior post [#118] was to show that the Apostle Paul knew of, and could have, used these words to identify these people had they been the ones he had in mind.

In 1Cor.6:9 the Apostle Paul could have used the word paiderasste which meant: 'sexual behavior between males' ......but he didn't.

In 1Cor.6:9 the Apostle Paul could have used the word kinaidos which meant: 'males whose most salient feature was supposedly feminine love of being sexually penetrated by other males'......but he didn't.

Yes, I am referring to the Koine Greek words Arsenokoites and Malakos.

ΠΡΟΣ ΚΟΡΙΝΘΙΟΥΣ Α΄ 6:9 Greek NT: Nestle 1904
ἢ οὐκ οἴδατε ὅτι ἄδικοι Θεοῦ βασιλείαν οὐ κληρονομήσουσιν; μὴ πλανᾶσθε· οὔτε πόρνοι οὔτε εἰδωλολάτραι οὔτε μοιχοὶ οὔτε μαλακοὶ οὔτε ἀρσενοκοῖται

Koine Greek linked

Englishman's Concordance

NOTE: See also how most English tranlsation use the Greek word μαλακοὶ οὔτε ἀρσενοκοῖται used here which links back to Leviticus 18:22; Leviticus 20:13 which is are commandments from God in relation to men having sex with men.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
9, Know you not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor men who practice homosexuality, 10, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortionists, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Parrallel translation of 1 Corinthians 6:9 linked here click me...

New International Version
Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men

New Living Translation
Don’t you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality,

English Standard Version
Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,

Berean Study Bible
Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who submit to or perform homosexual acts,

Berean Literal Bible
Or do you not know that the unrighteous ones will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,

New American Standard Bible
Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,

King James Bible
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

Christian Standard Bible
Don't you know that the unrighteous will not inherit God's kingdom? Do not be deceived: No sexually immoral people, idolaters, adulterers, or males who have sex with males,

Contemporary English Version
Don't you know that evil people won't have a share in the blessings of God's kingdom? Don't fool yourselves! No one who is immoral or worships idols or is unfaithful in marriage or is a pervert or behaves like a homosexual

Good News Translation
Surely you know that the wicked will not possess God's Kingdom. Do not fool yourselves; people who are immoral or who worship idols or are adulterers or homosexual perverts

Holman Christian Standard Bible
Don't you know that the unrighteous will not inherit God's kingdom? Do not be deceived: No sexually immoral people, idolaters, adulterers, or anyone practicing homosexuality,

International Standard Version
You know that wicked people will not inherit the kingdom of God, don't you? Stop deceiving yourselves! Sexually immoral people, idolaters, adulterers, male prostitutes, homosexuals,

NET Bible
Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! The sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, passive homosexual partners, practicing homosexuals,

New Heart English Bible
Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor men who have sexual relations with men,

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
Or do you not know that evil men do not inherit The Kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; no fornicators, neither worshipers of idols, neither adulterers, neither sexual molesters, neither males lying down with males,

GOD'S WORD® Translation
Don't you know that wicked people won't inherit the kingdom of God? Stop deceiving yourselves! People who continue to commit sexual sins, who worship false gods, those who commit adultery, homosexuals,

New American Standard 1977
Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,

Jubilee Bible 2000
Know ye not that the unjust shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not err: neither fornicators nor idolaters nor adulterers nor effeminate nor homosexuals

World English Bible
Or don't you know that the unrighteous will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don't be deceived. Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor male prostitutes, nor homosexuals,

Young's Literal Translation
have ye not known that the unrighteous the reign of God shall not inherit? be not led astray; neither whoremongers, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor sodomites

Sorry my friend God's Word disagrees with you.