• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BREAKING: Alien Mummy Possibly Found in Nazca Peru

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Which department or organization in the Peruvian government or education system is in control of the find? Do you know? Do any of your outlets or sources cite any of this information anywhere?

Which site, and where in Nazca was it discovered? Do you know? Do any of your outlets or sources cite any of this information, anywhere?

If I said there was an alien-human hybrid mummy found in Egypt, and it was being kept by "the authorities", would that really tell you anything at all?

First of all - your best source is a website known for peddling new age conspiracy theory junk. So, that's a problem - but we'll completely ignore that and focus on my main point, which is that:

The questions I'm asking are incredibly simple. They should be the first line of information released by any mildly legitimate outlet or source. There have been quotes by people who have had their degrees and schools listed beside their names. Yet not one bit of information about the who, what, when, where, and why of the find...

You can have as many conversations as you like, and use as many deflections as needed to maintain the idea that this is even the least bit legitimate. But you have to admit that you don't have those answers, nor do the the "outlets" that are doing the reporting.
I do not know about who is in control and how/what/when is released to the public.

I am not so put off by the slow and unclear disclosures by governments. They have their own agenda and satisfying our layman curiosity may not be high on that agenda.

Please see the video of the Atacama Mummy to see why I am not so put off by on-going controversy taking even years. That case to me seems similar to this case. I predict there will be controversy for years to come.

Milton Platt

It wouldn't.

Where are you getting this information from? There is no reason mamilian f
Be honest. That cannot be determined from our distance.

The release to the public often takes some time. The reason I am taking this seriously is my experience with other similar cases like the Atacama Mummy. This is now years old. I suggest you watch this video before you consider me just a naïve follower of these types of mysteries. Also, I think you underestimate the opposition that forms to anything foundation shaking.

Checked your link out....well, it is certainly an interesting specimen.....It was found in 2003 and the article was written in April, 2013. They have had over 14 years to complete DNA analysis......where is it???

Here is a link I found: What’s The Real Deal About The Atacama 'Alien'?

From this site:
The preliminary genetic results do indicate the skeleton is definitely of human origin, but about 9% of the DNA tested did not match the human genome reference. While 9% sounds like a huge discrepancy, it just refers to the sequence portions used for reference, not the entire genome. These results are well within the expected parameters for contamination and degradation of the DNA after spending so long exposed to the elements. The preliminary results of the mitochondrial DNA were consistent with a haplotype found in Chile, meaning Ata’s mother was local to the area where the remains were found.

Last edited:

VioletVortex

It's legitimacy would not come as too much of a surprise considering that similar forms of architecture (namely pyramids) exist in completely unrelated cultures. It is still more likely that that is just a very disfigured human mummy, though.

George-ananda

Premium Member
[
Checked your link out....well, it is certainly an interesting specimen.....it was written in April, 2013. They have had over 4 years to complete DNA analysis......where is it???
They said it is only 91% human DNA. It certainly matches nothing known. How can they declare it anything when there is nothing to compare it against? You can read the latest reports but what can we make of DNA sequences not seen before? How many years did it take to sequence the whole human DNA?

I hope you now see why I am not just laughing off this new South American Mummy intrigue but rather I am very interested.

George-ananda

Premium Member
Here is a link I found: What’s The Real Deal About The Atacama 'Alien'?

From this site:
The preliminary genetic results do indicate the skeleton is definitely of human origin, but about 9% of the DNA tested did not match the human genome reference. While 9% sounds like a huge discrepancy, it just refers to the sequence portions used for reference, not the entire genome. These results are well within the expected parameters for contamination and degradation of the DNA after spending so long exposed to the elements. The preliminary results of the mitochondrial DNA were consistent with a haplotype found in Chile, meaning Ata’s mother was local to the area where the remains were found.
This is the exact kind of report that was attacked in the video. They have to make it a fetus to be believable. But it wasn't a fetus per the experts, And suddenly the DNA called in superb condition must have deteriorated to cause these results. But Gary Nolan said the DNA was in amazing condition. The above may just be the type of 'explain away' methods the video was attacking.

Welcome to the game of trying to rewrite our knowledge.

Milton Platt

This is the exact kind of report that was attacked in the video. They have to make it a fetus to be believable. But it wasn't a fetus per the experts, And suddenly the DNA called in superb condition must have deteriorated to cause these results. But Gary Nolan said the DNA was in amazing condition. The above may just be the type of 'explain away' methods the video was attacking.

Welcome to the game of trying to rewrite our knowledge.
George, I have no idea why you have such a fixation on alien stuff. I for one am not going to waste any more energy pointing out the obvious to you. You read crap from highly questionable websites and drool over the stuff. I will leave you to it.

Milton Platt

[
They said it is only 91% human DNA. It certainly matches nothing known. How can they declare it anything when there is nothing to compare it against? You can read the latest reports but what can we make of DNA sequences not seen before? How many years did it take to sequence the whole human DNA?

I hope you now see why I am not just laughing off this new South American Mummy intrigue but rather I am very interested.

What??? They compare it to other human DNA!!!!! What is so difficult to understand about that. The other 9 percent is within the statistical range for degradation due to age and environmental circumstances. It is HUMAN!!!!!!!!!

jonathan180iq

I do not know about who is in control and how/what/when is released to the public.
Neither do your sources...

I am not so put off by the slow and unclear disclosures by governments. They have their own agenda and satisfying our layman curiosity may not be high on that agenda.
It's not about Layman curiosity. It's how scientific studies are conducted. If it's legitimate, the data is available and accessible by more than one source, and certainly something more reputable than Gaia.com.

Please see the video of the Atacama Mummy to see why I am not so put off by on-going controversy taking even years. That case to me seems similar to this case. I predict there will be controversy for years to come.

You believe that this three-toed, differently colored plaster project is an alien-human hybrid because SOME people still believe in this??
Atacama%2BHumanoid%2B-%2BAta%2BAlien%2B3.png

jonathan180iq

It's legitimacy would not come as too much of a surprise considering that similar forms of architecture (namely pyramids) exist in completely unrelated cultures. It is still more likely that that is just a very disfigured human mummy, though.

Different cultures, at different time periods, developed pyramidal architecture because there is simply no better way to stack rocks really high... Until humans developed better engineering techniques, pyramids were the best we could do. It took different people's differing amounts of time to figure that out.

I live in the American Southeast. Our ancient natives didn't have stone like some cultures had, so when they wanted to placate their leader's delusions of grandeur, they built their large structures out of mud and tree trunks.

Image_478.jpg

#Pyramidal shape
#Not sexy
#No stones
#No aliens

If you can think of a better way to stably stack stones (or dirt) I'd like to hear it. Assuming that the only reason for such similarities is the guidance and visitation of advanced beings from outer space is both reaching and simplistic. It also degrades the advice given by the unsubstantiated beings, don't you think?

HUMAN: (Staring at vast piles of rubble, containing sticks, mud, and rocks...)
"Man, I really wish I could build a structure taller than my hut! Too bad that's impossible."

ANCIENT ALIEN VISITOR:
"Feeble Human! Your puny mind cannot comprehend the staggering of stones in longitudinal stair-step patterns....ARGH...I've said too much."

*Going from point A to point B shouldn't be this complicated...

George-ananda

Premium Member
Neither do your sources...

It's not about Layman curiosity. It's how scientific studies are conducted. If it's legitimate, the data is available and accessible by more than one source, and certainly something more reputable than Gaia.com.

You believe that this three-toed, differently colored plaster project is an alien-human hybrid because SOME people still believe in this??
Atacama%2BHumanoid%2B-%2BAta%2BAlien%2B3.png
As I said, I'll just have to leave you to it.

The question now becomes 'why such vehemence?'.

(a sign of such certainty or uncertainty?)

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member

I think you need some updating:

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2013/05/bizarre-6-inch-skeleton-shown-be-human
http://siriusdisclosure.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Chile-Specimen_GPN-Summary.pdf
DNA Analysis of the Atacama Specimen | Society for Scientific Exploration
http://www.stanforddaily.com/2013/05/20/professor-debunks-theories-of-skeletons-alien-origins/

The Atamaca mummy is human.

George-ananda

Premium Member
No, I don't need updating. Mining for skeptical articles is something I am familiar with. I consider what skeptics say too. I believe these articles are effectively challenged in the video and page I provided Atacama Mummy.