• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BREAKING: Alien Mummy Possibly Found in Nazca Peru

Kapalika

Premium Member
That looks like a normal mummy. And considering the source which I've seen sources like that claim all kinds of stupid crazy stuff plus I saw this "story" going around some time ago on facebook.

Do people really believe this kind of stuff?

It seems to me people are so unfamiliar with the dead and bodies and mummies ect being so sheltered from it that they think a perfectly normal looking corpse is an alien or whatever.

The Holy Bottom Burp

Oh my giddy aunt! This has all the hallmarks of authentic science; 1) It is a YouTube clip (notice how YouTube is spelled with a capital 'Y', like Yahweh, huh, huh?) 2) It is a documentary and has some "doctors" in it. 3) Umm, it ties in with South American religion (probably, well that is what the bald bloke in the YouTube clip said).
It's a fact ladies and gentleman, not a "theory".

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
That looks like a normal mummy. And considering the source which I've seen sources like that claim all kinds of stupid crazy stuff plus I saw this "story" going around some time ago on facebook.

Do people really believe this kind of stuff?

It seems to me people are so unfamiliar with the dead and bodies and mummies ect being so sheltered from it that they think a perfectly normal looking corpse is an alien or whatever.
I must ask: Did you watch THIS video?

George-ananda

Premium Member
Oh my giddy aunt! This has all the hallmarks of authentic science; 1) It is a YouTube clip (notice how YouTube is spelled with a capital 'Y', like Yahweh, huh, huh?) 2) It is a documentary and has some "doctors" in it. 3) Umm, it ties in with South American religion (probably, well that is what the bald bloke in the YouTube clip said).
It's a fact ladies and gentleman, not a "theory".
I must ask: Did you watch THIS video before burping?

Kapalika

Premium Member
I must ask: Did you watch THIS video before burping?

I've seen that specific video before yes. It's not super new. And I've seen a bunch like it. Every single one I saw was obviously a hoax but of course people want to believe it and have no familiarity with death or mummies or history and so it doesn't fit the normal Hollywood depiction so it looks foreign to them. It's all nonsense.

Kapalika

Premium Member
This reminds me of the case where there was an ancient practice of people trying to elongate the skull from infanthood up to adult hood in a very remote part of the world... it was a matter of history. The remains were clearly human.

And yet people claimed they were aliens. If that was the case DNA testing would of easily proven it and the person who did so would of become instantly famous and it reported all over the news and the scientific community explode.

But it didn't. Because they were just humans with a bizarre practice. Many societies throughout time have deformed their bodies. Look at the Chinese and foot binding.

Kapalika

Premium Member
With a source like Gaia you know what they believe and what their goal is. To get people to believe in their new-age alien spirituality.

I've seen videos by groups associated with them release stuff like claiming the moon is hallow and created by aliens to guide our spiritual evolution. These kinds of groups are no better than the flat earthers.

It's okay to be fooled George, I don't judge you for it. I've been fooled by some pretty dumb stuff too and so has most anyone alive and if they claim they haven't they are probably lying.

But it is rather silly to hold onto that kind of belief if it's been thoroughly refuted and disproven.

George-ananda

Premium Member
This reminds me of the case where there was an ancient practice of people trying to elongate the skull from infanthood up to adult hood in a very remote part of the world... it was a matter of history. The remains were clearly human.

And yet people claimed they were aliens. If that was the case DNA testing would of easily proven it and the person who did so would of become instantly famous and it reported all over the news and the scientific community explode.

But it didn't. Because they were just humans with a bizarre practice. Many societies throughout time have deformed their bodies. Look at the Chinese and foot binding.
Elongating skulls did happen but this is way beyond just that from the video.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I must ask: Did you watch THIS video?
I don't need to, because if it was legit it would be all over the place and the world would be a buzz over it. It would be the greatest single most startling and tremendous discovery of staggering heights (it would literally change the world that very same day it was found), but it's business as usual around the world.

Kapalika

Premium Member
This just came out the end of June 2017!!
How did you make that determination with THIS video?

Right, I saw it a little over last week on Facebook. Hence "super" new. Before I saw it on facebook it was probably posted somewhere else as well.

How did I determine it was a hoax? I know what dead bodies look like in a variety of conditions. I've also watched a lot of documentaries on mummies in my life. I might not be an expert on mummies but the one thing I did remember, with utter terror throughout my life, is what a real dead human looks like.

What makes YOU think it's an alien?

George-ananda

Premium Member
With a source like Gaia you know what they believe and what their goal is. To get people to believe in their new-age alien spirituality.

I've seen videos by groups associated with them release stuff like claiming the moon is hallow and created by aliens to guide our spiritual evolution. These kinds of groups are no better than the flat earthers.

It's okay to be fooled George, I don't judge you for it. I've been fooled by some pretty dumb stuff too and so has most anyone alive and if they claim they haven't they are probably lying.

But it is rather silly to hold onto that kind of belief if it's been thoroughly refuted and disproven.
Who said I believe it yet. It is just highly intriguing at this point and there is no evidence of a hoax I have found in research. Always claims of hoax on anything paranormal/crypto/alien such that that doesn't deter me anymore.

I'll judge for myself as new information comes in.

George-ananda

Premium Member
I don't need to, because if it was legit it would be all over the place and the world would be a buzz over it. It would be the greatest single most startling and tremendous discovery of staggering heights (it would literally change the world that very same day it was found), but it's business as usual around the world.
No, because they have not finished the investigation yet so no one can say for sure.

Kapalika

Premium Member
Who said I believe it yet. It is just highly intriguing at this point and there is no evidence of a hoax I have found in research. Always claims of hoax on anything paranormal/crypto/alien such that that doesn't deter me anymore.

I'll judge for myself as new information comes in.

There is no evidence that it's an alien either, and yet people claim it is.

No, because they have not finished the investigation yet so no one can say for sure.

It sure isn't any human type I know of from what I have seen.

Yes, yes we can say for sure:

FACT CHECK: Did Researchers Find a Mummified, Three-Fingered Alien in Nazca, Peru?

"In 2015, Mexican journalist Jaime Maussan, who reported the existence of the Nazca mummy to Gaia and is featured in the video, led an event called Be Witness, at which a mummified body — purportedly that of an alien — was unveiled. Later, though, that “alien” discovery was debunked, and the mummified corpse was shown to be that of a human child.

Forensic scientist José de Jésus Zalce Benitez was one of the lead researchers behind the (debunked) 2015 discovery, presenting his findings at the
Be Witness event. Benitez also took part in Gaia’s Nazca project and can be seen in the video claiming that the three fingers of the mummy “makes us think that this does not belong to a human species.”

Interestingly later in the article it appears that Gaia were the same people claming the elongated skulls were aliens too.

Haha, Gaia is a joke they just try to claim anything they can is an alien.

And ya, that page is about the 2017 video, but the origins of the hoax go back to 2015.

George-ananda

Premium Member
Yes, no offence mate, I looked up to check it wasn't in "Jokes" section, just thought you might have posted it here by error or as a "double bluff". I'm not interested in mocking people, I thought it was an ironic post.
No offense. This is what I expect from the crowd on any paranormal/crypto/alien thread I start.