• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BREAKING: Alien Mummy Possibly Found in Nazca Peru

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
This reminds me of the case where there was an ancient practice of people trying to elongate the skull from infanthood up to adult hood in a very remote part of the world... it was a matter of history. The remains were clearly human.

And yet people claimed they were aliens. If that was the case DNA testing would of easily proven it and the person who did so would of become instantly famous and it reported all over the news and the scientific community explode.

But it didn't. Because they were just humans with a bizarre practice. Many societies throughout time have deformed their bodies. Look at the Chinese and foot binding.
That's what I'm thinking too.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
That's like saying the Earth's sphericalness is in dispute because there are flat-earthers.
Ah, but which side is the flat-earthers on this one? I've seen it be the skeptic side on other issues.

Also anyone who thinks aliens would look like us is really unimaginative.
Or perhaps thinking that things have always been more interconnected than just completely independent evolution on different planets.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Also anyone who thinks aliens would look like us is really unimaginative.
Exceedingly and unfortunately so. But, then again, for some bewildering reason (probably not though since we tend to be very selfish and anthropocentric) people have long thought gods look like us. So I suppose it isn't too odd or unusual that we went from having sky men living in the clouds to having little green men living in space.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Or perhaps thinking that things have always been more interconnected than just completely independent evolution on different planets.
We probably thing aliens look like us because we like to think god looks like us because we like to think we are very special and unique and important. But we aren't.

George-ananda

Premium Member
Exceedingly and unfortunately so. But, then again, for some bewildering reason (probably not though since we tend to be very selfish and anthropocentric) people have long thought gods look like us. So I suppose it isn't too odd or unusual that we went from having sky men living in the clouds to having little green men living in space.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It's a presentation for the general public. That does not make the subject honest or fake.
True, but this reeks of fallacy. It has to explain why this "alien" looks so suspiciously just like us, it has to explain why this has not been a major news event, and it has been debunked a few years ago, despite the claims this is recent.

George-ananda

Premium Member
We probably thing aliens look like us because we like to think god looks like us because we like to think we are very special and unique and important. But we aren't.
I think it is because I believe some people have actually seen these things and are honestly reporting. Maybe they take forms we understand??

George-ananda

Premium Member
True, but this reeks of fallacy. It has to explain why this "alien" looks so suspiciously just like us, it has to explain why this has not been a major news event, and it has been debunked a few years ago, despite the claims this is recent.
Perhaps a hybrid human/alien genetic experiment? Many abductees report aliens interested in their reproductive material.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Have you ever encountered a paranormal claim and thought to yourself "no, that's probably not true"?

The desire for exciting fantasies to be true tends to overwrite a functioning skeptical/rational response. With the initial reality signal muted, one can then go on to try to reverse-fit any "evidence" which "supports" the fantasy, ignore any objective evidence which counters it, and claim "rationalism" to others because *insert non-rational-based explanation.*

jonathan180iq

Anything that is true can be supported with loads of evidentiary stuff, right?
What are the factual bits of information that would lead one to believe that this is actually an alien mummy from another world?

List all of the information which supports that conclusion and let's argue about that...

George-ananda

Premium Member
The desire for exciting fantasies to be true tends to overwrite a functioning skeptical/rational response.
Or perhaps also, the desire to sound superior tends to cause some to look immediately only for a put-down? (as opposed to fair scientific interest??)?

George-ananda

Premium Member
Anything that is true can be supported with loads of evidentiary stuff, right?
What are the factual bits of information that would lead one to believe that this is actually an alien mummy from another world?

List all of the information which supports that conclusion and let's argue about that...
Did you watch the video? Bits of information are known with more to come it says.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Or perhaps also, the desire to sound superior tends to cause some to look immediately only for a put-down? (as opposed to fair scientific interest??)?
Frankly, at this point, a bit of it might be a "boy who cried wolf" reaction: you've presented so many questionable or downright baseless junk claims over the years that even if you did have something with iron-clad proof behind it, I might not bother to invest any time to look into it, just because:

- based on your track record, the odds are pretty good that looking into your claim will be a complete waste of my time.
- on the off chance that you did stumble on something remarkable AND true, I'll probably hear about it again from a source that properly vets its claims.

Milton Platt

This is really, really new stuff and you must check this out:

Not buying it. Cut and paste from: Hoax? Three Fingered Nazca Mummy

Suspicion of a modern fake comes in part from the people involved:

Jaime Maussan is a UFOologist - a journalist well known in UFO circles as someone who hypes evidence-free claims of aliens, etc. He appears to be the person who led Gaia to the mummy.

Jay Weidner of Gaia has a long history of making esoteric videos like "chemtrails and the sun", and does not seems like a neutral documentray filmmaker. He holds some quite strong unscientific beliefs, like:
the physical manifestation of the soul leaving the body.

Dr Jose de Jesus Zalce Benitez has worked with Maussan before, most famously with "Roswell Slides", where he performed extensive analysis of a photo that he said was of a non-human body at Roswell, but which turned out to be a mummified child on a museum shelf in South America. So he does not have a very good track record.

M.K Jessie appears to be a real radiologist but really gives very little information other than saying that based on the small images she has been given she think it's unlikely to be a modified human skeleton.

Natalia Zaloznaja (probably better transliterated as Natalya Zaloznaya, ) - the supposed "head of image analysis" may well be a real doctor, but does not say anything of note.

So simply based on the track record of the people involved, I would have to put "fake" as the most likely explanation in the absence of additional independent evidence.

Where are the mainstream archaeologists and geneticists? One can run a genetics test quickly, easily, and cheaply these days.

Skwim

Veteran Member
"Nazca 'alien mummy' revealed in promotional video featuring serial hoaxer (UPDATE: Experts say ‘hoax’)"

Click HERE

A personal note: What struck me as suspicious right off the bat was the lack of an opposable "thumb."

Last edited:

George-ananda

Premium Member
Frankly, at this point, a bit of it might be a "boy who cried wolf" reaction: you've presented so many questionable or downright baseless junk claims over the years that even if you did have something with iron-clad proof behind it, I might not bother to invest any time to look into it, just because:

- based on your track record, the odds are pretty good that looking into your claim will be a complete waste of my time.
- on the off chance that you did stumble on something remarkable AND true, I'll probably hear about it again from a source that properly vets its claims.
I've seen no clear refutation of any of my positions (including this one). Saying 'possibly' in the title was a waste of finger energy. The old crows just say 'how dare anyone consider evidence of something extraordinary, it has to rediculous'. And then they find support in flocking together. That is honestly how I see it.