• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BLM is a hate group

epronovost

I don't see how. It's "hateful" to condemn entire groups for the actions of a few.

You are a monster genocidal monster and a slaver. Some people, just like you, are capturing children to sell them as sex slaves and massacred swath of people. They are citizen of your country, just like you, thus you are just as guilty as they are. Do you see where your stupidity can lead? Now, you are a savage genocidal slaver and war criminal that deserves death or life in prison and yet you never did anything like that in your life.

It's also ironic that by that account, you agree in full with even the most extreme members of BLM. All cops are ******** because some cops are rotten, murderous, racist ********, thus you can blame the entire group without regard for their individual behavior.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Understandable, and I suppose I agree. Except the premise of the OP is that BLM is a hate group based off of this particular act of vandalism. And my concern is that given BLM is a protest movement focused on police violence and systemic racism, stigmatizing the group according to this individual incident is ultimately more damaging to the community.

True, and maybe it is my, years ago, background, but th law is the law and it should apply equally no matter the race, creed or religion, although it is most certainly not the case in all matters,

Cooky

Veteran Member
You are a monster genocidal monster and a slaver. Some people, just like you, are capturing children to sell them as sex slaves and massacred swath of people. They are citizen of your country, just like you, thus you are just as guilty as they are. Do you see where your stupidity can lead? Now, you are a savage genocidal slaver and war criminal that deserves death or life in prison and yet you never did anything like that in your life.

It's also ironic that by that account, you agree in full with even the most extreme members of BLM. All cops are ******** because some cops are rotten, murderous, racist ********, thus you can blame the entire group without regard for their individual behavior.

You got me eprono... You got me real good on that one. Good job.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
A restaurant can still provide results if a waiter insults customers while pouring drinks over their heads. After all, everyone will gladly keep coming back without holding the restaurant accountable, knowing it was just that individual waiter who was the problem... Or is that not how it works... Oh wait, that's just how BLM has it, my bad... Because they're specially designed to avoid accountability.
You seem fixated on BLM when the very same principles can be applied to just about every activist group. Why is that?

Cooky

Veteran Member
You seem fixated on BLM when the very same principles can be applied to just about every activist group. Why is that?

Because it's a hot topic, and I'm in the mood for debate and I know where to get it.

...Why did you think..? o_O

Were you thinking I was being a racist or something?

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Because it's a hot topic, and I'm in the mood for debate and I know where to get it.

...Why did you think..? o_O
I dunno, that's why I asked. Your entire argument could be summed up by saying: "Activist groups are complicated because it is difficult to discern their mission when outliers act inappropriately."

Cooky

Veteran Member
I dunno, that's why I asked. Your entire argument could be summed up by saying: "Activist groups are complicated because it is difficult to discern their mission when outliers act inappropriately."

You think I'm a racist, don't you?

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
...Because they're vandalizing Catholic churches now.
Why would someone purposely start a new year with such a transparently stupid post?

Some or all of 150 folks purportedly "affiliated" with BLM spray some anti-cop comment on a church wall and some folks start frothing at the mouth. Meanwhile ...

The overall Black Lives Matter movement is a decentralized network of activists with no formal hierarchy.[13]

The movement returned to national headlines and gained further international attention[14] during the global George Floyd protests in 2020 following the killing of George Floyd by Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin. An estimated 15 million to 26 million people participated in the 2020 Black Lives Matter protests in the United States, making it one of the largest movements in the country's history.[15] The movement comprises many views and a broad array of demands but they center on criminal justice reform. [source]
What stands out here is not the commission of a hate crime but aggrieved white-privilege protesting its own impotence.

epronovost

True, and maybe it is my, years ago, background, but th law is the law and it should apply equally no matter the race, creed or religion, although it is most certainly not the case in all matters,

Sadly, that's precisely why BLM even exist.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Sadly, that's precisely why BLM even exist.

Because law should be equal or because it is not always equal?

And laws are not only enforced unfairly on the folks of BLM. They can be enforced differently on men and women of any race, rich or poor, Hispanic, Chinese, Indian, American Indian (possibly more so than any other), educated and uneducated. But none of this means. or justifies the acronym ACAB. That is a dangerous generalization that undermines what they have to do as well as potentially making an already dangerous job much more dangerous. But that is stuff of another thread

Cooky

Veteran Member
Why would someone purposely start a new year with such a transparently stupid post?

Some or all of 150 folks purportedly "affiliated" with BLM spray some anti-cop comment on a church wall and some folks start frothing at the mouth. Meanwhile ...

The overall Black Lives Matter movement is a decentralized network of activists with no formal hierarchy.[13]

The movement returned to national headlines and gained further international attention[14] during the global George Floyd protests in 2020 following the killing of George Floyd by Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin. An estimated 15 million to 26 million people participated in the 2020 Black Lives Matter protests in the United States, making it one of the largest movements in the country's history.[15] The movement comprises many views and a broad array of demands but they center on criminal justice reform. [source]
What stands out here is not the commission of a hate crime but aggrieved white-privilege protesting its own impotence.

I guess it's just troublesome that BLM organizers don't even attempt to encourage their followers to follow any kind of guidelines... Like to refrain from destroying property, or not to pound on police car hoods, etc.

..It's almost as if they... Like those things... o_O

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't see how. Everyone knows it's "hateful" to condemn entire groups for the actions of a few.
True. But Karen’s are going to Karen. An employee tells them where to go and the boss gets stuck with the complaint, possible lawsuit, that snowballs into their boss chiding them and so on. It’s then better for their own interests to kick you to the curb. Business I think the grown ups call it.

But a movement? Where are their contracts? Where are their bosses? Their unions? Their work negotiations?

Different beast entirely

Cooky

Veteran Member
True. But Karen’s are going to Karen. An employee tells them where to go and the boss gets stuck with the complaint, possible lawsuit, that snowballs into their boss chiding them and so on. It’s then better for their own interests to kick you to the curb. Business I think the grown ups call it.

But a movement? Where are their contracts? Where are their bosses? Their unions? Their work negotiations?

Different beast entirely

So why don't BLM organizers have any responsibility like businesses do? I mean, surely there needs to be some guidelines for activist organizations, just like every other organization has guidelines.

Is it possible to create a law that fines activist groups for destruction in their name? For what they've organized..? Or is there no hope for progressive policy creation as an initiative towards more peaceful protests..?

...Is it totally impossible?

Cooky

Veteran Member
I mean, if the government is able to see on social media that BLM organizers advise people to advise people to meet at such and such location, and then property damage occurs, and then the Government fines BLM... Then surely the next time BLM organizes, they will advise those people they're gathering to sort of 'police' their own. Right..? Which will clean-up all the chaos we've been seeing across the board.

Last edited:

Cooky

Veteran Member
...Maybe even pass a law that makes it unlawful to protest without a responsible party. Just in case damages occur.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
So why don't BLM organizers have any responsibility like businesses do? I mean, surely there needs to be some guidelines for activist organizations, just like every other organization has guidelines.

Is it possible to create a law that fines activist groups for destruction in their name? For what they've organized..? Or is there no hope for progressive policy creation as an initiative towards more peaceful protests..?

...Is it totally impossible?
Because they’re not a business, obviously

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
...Because they're vandalizing Catholic churches now. Which means they've gone off the deep end, and deserve no respect from anyone.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/01/protesters-vandalize-st-patricks-cathedral-new-years-day/

The protesters, affiliated with Black Lives Matter Brooklyn and Justice for George, started marching at the Stonewall Inn and had stopped at St. Patrick’s Cathedral, police sources said.

I believe it is problematic that many of the protestors in the demonstrations could be considered BLM supporters. Do you have a reference from the BLM itself that supports what your claim?

Last edited: