• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BLM is a hate group

Cooky

Veteran Member
Because they’re not a business, obviously

Well that's the current law, yes I'm aware... But there is no room for unaccountability anywhere in this society. Even on the internet, as an anonymous user it would be possible for the authorities to catch me and hold me accountable for serious threats I could make here.

epronovost

Because law should be equal or because it is not always equal?

BLM protest police brutality, lack of accountability and the racism of the American police and justic system. In other words. If the law was as blind to ethnicity and creed as it's supposed to be and was promised to be. There would be no such thing as BLM.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Well that's the current law, yes I'm aware... But there is no room for unaccountability anywhere in this society. Even on the internet, as an anonymous user it would be possible for the authorities to catch me and hold me accountable for serious threats I could make here.
You're not as anonymous as you think you are and we can and have reported things to the police (even the FBI once) when we felt it was appropriate. But we're a business. A loose movement without organizational structures isn't.
Again, I could easily say I'm a Catholic, but the catholic church isn't responsible for my individual behavior.

epronovost

Is it possible to create a law that fines activist groups for destruction in their name? For what they've organized..? Or is there no hope for progressive policy creation as an initiative towards more peaceful protests..?

...Is it totally impossible?

While well intentionned it would be exceedingly risky and dangerous as any government could use this to punish grassroot activist groups with poor financing. In other words, rich protest and activist groups could still hokd rallies, strikes and protests as they would have the financial capacity to sponge up any problems while smaller, poorer groups would be thrown out. Money could become a necessary component for any wide protest movement and currying favors from rich donors would become an essential part. I suppose you can see what could happen to political activism if even more political levers of power and influence was in the hands of the wealthiest people as it already is.

Cooky

Veteran Member
I believe it is problematic that many of the protestors in the demonstrations could be considered BLM supporters. Do you have a reference from the BLM itself that supports what you claim?

The New York Post said they were BLM affiliates... So unless BLM sues the post, or denies it, we have to assume the media is being honest due to them being *responsible* for defamation.

...But again, this shielding of BLM is clearly intentional. They love that it's considered a loosely knit group - that they never have to be held accountable. It allows their followers to be as nasty as they wanna be, and then slip away.

And then people say "prove it"...
giphy-downsized.gif

Last edited:

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
The New York Post said they were BLM affiliates... So unless BLM sues the post, or denies it, we have to assume the media is being honest due to them being *responsible* for defamation.

...But again, this shielding of BLM is clearly intentional. They love that it's considered a loosely knit group - that they never have to be held accountable. It allows their followers to be as nasty as they wanna be, and then slip away.

It sounds like you are an extreme hate group of at least one.

The Newspaper does not document the affiliation.

Again. . . Do you have a reference from the BLM itself that supports what you claim?

Still waiting . . .

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
They’re an organisation the same way Pokémon fans are fans of animation. There’s no hierarchy, only lose affiliation. Even book clubs have more reason to all be held accountable for one of their own.
And you want to talk accountability online? Yeah charge every comic book fan for the actions of comicsgate trolls then we’ll talk.
You are so desperate to hate on BLM that you’ve resorted to labelling them a hate group for what amounts to a misdemeanour. Maybe they have a point in that the actions of black Americans are treated more harshly by default. You’re certainly making that point for them, imo

Cooky

Veteran Member
It sounds like you are an extreme hate group of at least one.

The Newspaper does not document the affiliation.

Again. . . Do you have a reference from the BLM itself that supports what you claim?

Still waiting . . .

It sounds like I should report you for misrepresenting a fellow RF member.

Do you really think it's acceptable to slander my character in such an irresponsible and childish fashion? Have these lawbreakers influenced you into thinking you can break rules too and not be held accountable..?

Cooky

Veteran Member
Lucky for you @shunyadragon, I care more about the mods than to add more work for them, and sometimes your contributions in the science threads are interesting.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
It sounds like I should report you for misrepresenting a fellow RF member.

Do you really think it's acceptable to slander my character in such an irresponsible and childish fashion? Have these lawbreakers influenced you into thinking you can break rules too and not be held accountable..?

'It sounds like . . .' is not slander. It reflects the aggressive way your pursuing this issue. Others have commented on your hateful ranting.

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I don't see how. Everyone knows it's "hateful" to condemn entire groups for the actions of a few.

When a group reason for existence is to discriminate and disenfranchise and a few commit violence, then it is appropriate to ascribe the actions of a few to the atmosphere of promotion the group engenders.

I grew up with 'off the pig' was in vogue. This is not as extreme but still wrong. But when a police union goes after someone, for example, then ACAB becomes understandable. There’s A Pattern Of Police Unions Attacking People Who Call For Criminal Justice Reform, Especially When They Are Black - The Appeal and other sites note this behavior.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
but the catholic church isn't responsible for my individual behavior.

You no. But priests when the church covers up crimes? That's another matter.

The New York Post said they were BLM affiliates.

A lying right wing media outlet lies. You keep trying to pretend BLM is a monolithic organization with official chapters etc. They are not.

Do you have a reference from the BLM itself that supports what you claim?

Or any reasonably honest media outlet? Of course not. But why should there be when today I read that Pence and McConnell in league with Democrats to turn the USA into a Communist state or words very close to that:

(3) These groups aspire to the goals of Communism. A ruling elite & an oppressed class of people who exist to serve those in power.

When arrests for treason begin, put Chief Justice John Roberts, VP Mike Pence @VP @Mike_Pence, & Mitch McConnell @senatemajldr at top of list.

— Lin Wood (@LLinWood) January 1, 2021

Cooky

Veteran Member
A lying right wing media outlet lies. You keep trying to pretend BLM is a monolithic organization with official chapters etc. They are not.

I'm not pretending anything. I just want whoever organizes these protests to register themselves as responsible for any damages that occur... I don't care if it's some unemployed person or not, someone needs to step up and take responsibility, or it should be shut down.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I grew up with 'off the pig' was in vogue. This is not as extreme but still wrong. But when a police union goes after someone, for example, then ACAB becomes understandable. There’s A Pattern Of Police Unions Attacking People Who Call For Criminal Justice Reform, Especially When They Are Black - The Appeal and other sites note this behavior.

Not a justification to me to vilify 800,000 men an women who are police officers and iit is name calling, stops conversation and IMO does not help anything.....it just sets up an "us vs them" situation that goes to propagation problem after problem....and not solutions

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
No, because the Church has openly apologized to victims and their families and has taken steps toward transparency, to ensure it doesn't happen again.

...Has BLM apologized to the Catholic Church for vandalizing a historical monument/Cathedral...? Or do they just not give a darn about anything outside black lives?

Who would issue the apology? As a catholic, are you obligated to take responsibility for any misdeeds another random Catholic might commit? Many members of the Mafia were/are Catholic, so are you going to apologize for those who were sent to swim with the fishes?

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Who would issue the apology? As a catholic, are you obligated to take responsibility for any misdeeds another random Catholic might commit? Many members of the Mafia were/are Catholic, so are you going to apologize for those who were sent to swim with the fishes?
I suspect he will be ignoring your question just like he ignored post #81

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Looking at a history book, the Catholic Church is one of the biggest hate groups ever. Perhaps the Vatican should cease harboring fugitives and sexual predators if they want to move on from this well deserved garnering of hate and ill reputation.