• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bikes Are Green. Geek Out About Yours Here!

Shaul

Premium Member
I own three bicycles, two of which are modern multi-sprocket bicycles with derailleurs. But I have a soft spot for my vintage 3 speed that looks like this,
upload_2022-8-8_15-48-59.jpeg

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I just bought a used Tern Vectron S10 on ebay.
The price was already low. (They're spendy things retail.)
But I'm picking it up locally, & paying cash.
So I get a discount for no shipping.
And we avoided ebay's check-out system, which wrongfully
imposes sales tax on even private transactions.
I'm still spending more than I'd thought, but this has
features I'd only dreamed of...
- Bosch mid-drive motor <-- This is some high end ****!
- Shimano Deore LX
- Hydraulic disc brakes
It's about a 2018 model, just like this one...
R.6f0d1b415c60c81264076a27783895d5
Nice!

While I had a working spine, I loved cycling (the kind where I used my leg muscles rather than a motor). I've actually been thinking (a bit sporadically just now) of looking at something offering me a little more assistance with the forward motion part of the cycling experience.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Nice!

While I had a working spine, I loved cycling (the kind where I used my leg muscles rather than a motor). I've actually been thinking (a bit sporadically just now) of looking at something offering me a little more assistance with the forward motion part of the cycling experience.
With a bad back, have you tried a recumbent?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
QUOTE="Revoltingest, post: 7802251, member: 22490"]You could test ride one of the tamer designs.
The high racers are tricker to master (but fast & comfy)....
CA3.02x11_1680x_e7228de8-1dbd-4bba-a583-17a48015ba34.png
[/QUOTE]
I'm gonna have a look-see. The thing is, I absolutely love cycling through the outdoors, especially wooded and forested areas. Since I live near the Canadian Shield, I've got lots and lots of that. And autumn is coming -- my favourite time of year. Oh, to sniff the burnt-sugar smell of a mixed softwood/hardwood glade on a warm September day! (My happy place.) :hugehug:

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I've never been one to cycle in bunches, and cycling with a friend was often in single file because it was safer and less convenient to other road users to do so. Also, never have worn lycra but have found a loose-fitting tee-shirt was much more effective in keeping one cool - what with the flapping about. Cycling shorts are fine though, given that they are more comfortable over long distances. I doubt my bike will ever see the road again. :oops:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
There's a word I dunno.

Breaking news!
The seller told me there are battery issues.
We've agreed to rescind the deal.
It occurs to me that battery tech is simply too
unreliable & spendy for me to justify having
an e-bike. That bullet dodged.
Oh, well...fun thread anyway.

amorphous_constellation

I might get a new bike next spring, the season is wrapping up here, so I may think about it over the winter. Maybe I will think about getting an e-bike, but I don't know if I can go everywhere I want to with one in wisconsin. I like walking more, for exercise. I guess my rough idea is to use a bike to get out to new areas for walking.

JIMMY12345

I have a old bike to discourage bike theft.I was trying to be green and recycle the old one.This by moving on tip toe one dark night in dark glasses and a floppy hat.They have CCTV on the street. I left it unlocked.You just can't get a good bike thief when you need one.No takers.I have an old tandem I was trying to donate to a blind charity on the grounds a blind person might benefit if prepared to take a back seat.No takers again.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Technically I have 4 bikes
2 I currently do not ride due to hip and knee issues
Panasonic MC 1500
49392763_UNADJUSTEDNONRAWthumb563d.jpg

Panasonic Sport 500 - Currently not ridable, needs work
duncan-panasonic-sport-500-10-speed.jpg

Schwinn 270 - I try and ride every day
GUEST_4571fff1-119a-4d00-88e1-1374122d3905

Pro Form 920 S EKG - Currently trying to fix, peddle arm needs replaced and I cannot get it to come off. I suspect someone thought it was loose and crazy glued it. What was loose was the peddle, the threads were stripped.
H8897-L256724143.jpg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Technically I have 4 bikes
2 I currently do not ride due to hip and knee issues
Panasonic MC 1500
49392763_UNADJUSTEDNONRAWthumb563d.jpg

Panasonic Sport 500 - Currently not ridable, needs work
duncan-panasonic-sport-500-10-speed.jpg

Schwinn 270 - I try and ride every day
GUEST_4571fff1-119a-4d00-88e1-1374122d3905

Pro Form 920 S EKG - Currently trying to fix, peddle arm needs replaced and I cannot get it to come off. I suspect someone thought it was loose and crazy glued it. What was loose was the peddle, the threads were stripped.
H8897-L256724143.jpg
R.a1cb714839bfc6627aeb21bc7477c290