• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bikes Are Green. Geek Out About Yours Here!

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I have a good touring bike (has done many thousands of miles in the UK and abroad) which I will probably never use again but I am more likely to destroy it rather than see anyone using it. Not for selfish reasons but for their own safety. I've had the bike - much changed over the years - since the early 1960s, with the frame being made by a local builder. On one little ride I managed to damage it quite badly - bending the forks back after hitting an earth bank (failing to take a bend going down a steep hill). I just managed to cycle it home by removing the front mudguard.

The problem being that my feet interfered with the front wheel if they aligned when the steering was turned. Even when the frame was repaired, the steep angle of the headset that resulted, still made it quite difficult to ride without the feet interacting with the front wheel. I got used to this but I noticed how dangerous it could be when a friend of my brother's borrowed it and apparently fell off. I noticed because the chainrings were bent slightly after this (interfering with the changer) and weren't before even though he didn't mention it.

Given that it might still be dangerous for anyone not used to it, and not much being possible to alleviate this issue, perhaps it would be best to scrap it. :oops:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I just bought a used Tern Vectron S10 on ebay.
The price was already low. (They're spendy things retail.)
But I'm picking it up locally, & paying cash.
So I get a discount for no shipping.
And we avoided ebay's check-out system, which wrongfully
imposes sales tax on even private transactions.
I'm still spending more than I'd thought, but this has
features I'd only dreamed of...
- Bosch mid-drive motor <-- This is some high end ****!
- Shimano Deore LX
- Hydraulic disc brakes
It's about a 2018 model, just like this one...
R.6f0d1b415c60c81264076a27783895d5
That thing desperately needs Toto riding in a basket in back.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Bikes are ok until you come across a herd of them who feel the road rules don't apply to them. They're usually middle age men with short beards wearing lycra.
End of an era. Welcome to this world.....