• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biden Will Establish A Gender Policy Council Within The White House

Orbit

I'm a planet
Forgive the tautology, but white supremacy is a threat when it threatens someone. White supremacists don't have support anymore; antiracism is now the zeitgeist. What happened at the capitol was pathetic, **mod edit**, and allowed to happen by the government.

We live in a victim culture and both liberals and conservatives get off on claiming to be victims. The more liberals deny their own institutional power (like their control of American media) and point to the "racists" and "white supremacists" who live in trailers but somehow pose an institutional threat to their existence the more valid a claim they have to special attention; thus are our values.

Liberals control Fox News?

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Someone is always
to the right of the right,
& to the left of the left.
Yeah but come on. Fox News is like the most well known Right media outlet in history. Even I know that much about them. If you’re to the right of those guys you might as well be a Nazi. Though if I recall it was only a reaction to them declaring Biden the President Elect. So maybe it was just denial or trolling. I hope it was trolling.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yeah but come on. Fox News is like the most well known Right media outlet in history. Even I know that much about them.
I suspect that OAN is farther right than Fox.
If you’re to the right of those guys you might as well be a Nazi.
Far right = Nazi?
Nah...big difference.
BTW, a linear spectrum is problematic.
One can also see Nazis as far left.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
Yeah those guys were the ones being praised.
It was...odd.
Far right = Nazi?
Nah...big difference.
Well I was being somewhat hyperbolic. But Nazis are by definition a far right ideology. I don’t know how one is a far leftist and a Nazi, without some severe cognitive dissonance. A Tankie, sure. But a Nazi and being on the far left? Ehh, not buying it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
More identity politics to distract us. Look how progressive™ Biden is; pay no attention to the US embassy remaining in Israel, the sanctions remaining on Yemen or the aid going to other Gulf countries so that they can commit genocide there, or the bombings in Syria.

Edit: not to mention the cynicism of Joe Biden of all people trying to appear a feminist.
"Identity politics" is basically a buzzword of Conservatives who don't want to realize that's kind of how it's always been. Slavery issues, women's suffrage, Civil Rights, even gay rights when that movement first started because anytime a group is struggling for equality it is "identity politics." This "identity politics" nonsense only came out to discredit and disparage working towards policies that ensure the Constitutional rights and promises are equally bestowed upon all citizens.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

Far right = Nazi?
Nah...big difference.

Sometimes I view it as a line that is a circle. One point is democracy. That can vary to the left or right. But when you follow the line in both directions you end at totalitarian government. They can also be somewhat to the left or right, but they are totalitarian.
Hope it makes sense.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Yeah but come on. Fox News is like the most well known Right media outlet in history. Even I know that much about them. If you’re to the right of those guys you might as well be a Nazi. Though if I recall it was only a reaction to them declaring Biden the President Elect. So maybe it was just denial or trolling. I hope it was trolling.
Nope. Some have started claiming Fox softened up, became too Liberal, or whatever. They've started watching Newsmax and OAN, two networks so far Right and so far gone they did promote Trump's lies about the election.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
Nope. Some have started claiming Fox softened up, became too Liberal, or whatever. They've started watching Newsmax and OAN, two networks so far Right and so far gone they did promote Trump's lies about the election.
Fox News “liberal.” What a time to be alive

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Sometimes I view it as a line that is a circle. One point is democracy. That can vary to the left or right. But when you follow the line in both directions you end at totalitarian government. They can also be somewhat to the left or right, but they are totalitarian.
Hope it makes sense.
I see an x-y plane.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
More identity politics to distract us. Look how progressive™ Biden is; pay no attention to the US embassy remaining in Israel, the sanctions remaining on Yemen or the aid going to other Gulf countries so that they can commit genocide there, or the bombings in Syria.

Edit: not to mention the cynicism of Joe Biden of all people trying to appear a feminist.

Given the extent to which we rely on private mercenaries to fight our wars on us nowadays I'm not really concerned about that. I am concerned about his policies that actually affect me, like the fact that he wrote the ************* PATRIOT Act and the 1994 crime bill, two of the most evil pieces of legislation to be passed in this country, and given the current rhetoric around the "insurrection" at the capitol there's every indication a 2nd PATRIOT Act will be passed to prevent "domestic terrorism" or combat "white supremacy" or something.
Well said. Took the words from my lips.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I see an x-y plane.

Yeah, that is also that. Here is another, which is meta one as it is about morality:
political-camps-moral-foundations.png

And here is a psychological one about cognition. That one also relates to politics in a meta-sense.
800px-Kohlberg_Model_of_Moral_Development.svg.png

The examples or reasons given relates to this story.
Heinz dilemma

Note none of these 2 theories are true. They are different ways of understanding and give different insights.

It is never that simple.