• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biden pardons marijuana offenses, calls for review of federal law

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The problem with letting God call the shots is that practically that means his representatives on Earth are calling the shots.
And whilst some of those people are lovely, some formed the Islamic Republic of Iran.

Still, if we allow for God's rules here...what is his opinion on tobacco, marijuana and alcohol?

The key there Lewis, what are God's laws and what are men's laws, needs to be re-determined, we made a bit of a mess our of that in the past. But we can do much better in the future by learning from the past.

So any recreational drug use and alcohol consumption will be unlawful, medical prescription will be lawful. Most likely this will be mostly controlled by education, as how the laws will be applied need to be revisited.

Tobacco use is highly condemned, but will not been made unlawful. When one reads something like the 'Tablet of Chasity and Purity', then one would ask themselves why they partake of it.

‘Abdu’l-Bahá, Tablet of Chastity and Purity (Lawh-i-Tanzíyyih va Taqdís)

Regards Tony

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Liberty when carried to access, is a pernicious influence on humanity as a whole.

Regards Tony
Hence why it should be balanced with responsibility and moderation. What about other health risks? Caffeine, sugar, fat, sodium, cholesterol, etc.? Where do you draw the line, and is it wholly arbitrary? Are you consistent with your condemnation?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
The key there Lewis, what are God's laws and what are men's laws, needs to be re-determined, we made a bit of a mess our of that in the past. But we can do much better in the future by learning from the past.

So any recreational drug use and alcohol consumption will be unlawful, medical prescription will be lawful. Most likely this will be mostly controlled by education, as how the laws will be applied need to be revisited.

Tobacco use is highly condemned, but will not been made unlawful. When one reads something like the 'Tablet of Chasity and Purity', then one would ask themselves why they partake of it.

‘Abdu’l-Bahá, Tablet of Chastity and Purity (Lawh-i-Tanzíyyih va Taqdís)

Regards Tony

Why would cannabis be in a different bucket to tobacco?

The linked article (thanks for linking) was explicit about tobacco and opium...it said nothing about marijuana. Why would marijuana be in a bucket with opium rather than tobacco?

Also...are you trying to make enlightenment mandatory?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Offenses...well..it's nothing compared to the real crimes which are rape, murder, etc...

As a premise, I am not even into tobacco, I have never smoked anything. But I will not prevent anyone from doing it.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Maybe it will help all of the opioid addicts make it through rehab. (Or help to prevent someone from getting hooked on opioids in the first place.)
It will go great with alcohol. High and drunk at the same time!

RestlessSoul

I feel sorry for 2/3 of Americans.

I support medicinal use, recreational use is a blight on the human spirit.

Regards Tony

Thing is though, whatever one’s personal feelings about intoxicating substances, prohibition never works. America should have learned that lesson when they outlawed booze, causing consumption to increase and giving a huge boost to organised crime.

RestlessSoul

Oh, that's simple. Happy people have no use for gods. Look around. The least religious countries are also the happiest. Religion is only strong in the most miserable.

One could equally argue that happy people have no need for drugs. Look around you; everyone’s smashed, and if they’re not miserable now, they probably will be when the high wears off.

Heyo

Veteran Member
It will go great with alcohol. High and drunk at the same time!
270198211003211.png

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
One could equally argue that happy people have no need for drugs. Look around you; everyone’s smashed, and if they’re not miserable now, they probably will be when the high wears off.
Look at all these happy people in Frisco....

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
They calls it dope for a reason
Too bad that the pardons will affect very few people.
(He can only pardon for fed crimes, & the fed doesn't
go after people for mere possession.) Some unlucky
guys in DC, where the fed has jurisdiction for petty ****.

Last edited:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Thing is though, whatever one’s personal feelings about intoxicating substances, prohibition never works. America should have learned that lesson when they outlawed booze, causing consumption to increase and giving a huge boost to organised crime.

I offer it can work when we are educated about it correctly and are brought up in the purpose of having clear and defined laws.

It will required a good education and a change in attitudes. I see that will happen, people will realise that they are being hermful to themselves and others by participating in the recreational use of mind altering substances.

I wonder how many innocent people have been killed by drug and alcohol effected drivers over the years.

Imagine how bad that will get. I guess all the pot smokers will just have to drive a lot less.

But wait, they will feel great and say I can drive better now I am doped up! Much like all the alcohol effected drivers that think they are a Jack Bradman.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why would cannabis be in a different bucket to tobacco?

The linked article (thanks for linking) was explicit about tobacco and opium...it said nothing about marijuana. Why would marijuana be in a bucket with opium rather than tobacco?

Also...are you trying to make enlightenment mandatory?

Cannabis is a mind altering substances that, like alcohol effects people in many different ways, some have very little tolerance and with heavy use causes schizophrenia.

I have been on the receiving end of violence induced by cannabis induced schizophrenia. There was a person on my road work gang that used to go back to his trailer at lunch time, and after lunch we knew we would have a person who was at the drop of a hat, very angry and abusive. Then one night it went to a knife fight between a drunk and the drug smoker, the drunk smashed the dope smoker with a star picket.

But heck they were having fun. I had a 360 klm drive to drop the drug fellow with a cracked skull into hospital, then a 360 km drive back just in time to supervise the concrete pour for a remote road flood way.

All ways my experience, it is the sober and non-drug effected person that has to fix up the mess, or get people safely home! Go figure that.

My son ended up in Jail, we did not realise he had so called good friend who's parents thought it was fine to give their child, thus my child was also given cannabis when he was only around 10 to 12 years old. We wondered why his school grades got worse and why his entire personality was changing. They put that down to ADHD, it was only later he told us what was going on.

Imagine all the kids, in the years their brains are developing, that will now be exposed to this pernicious substance!

People are madly pursuing their own self pleasures over the good of our children, and the whole of humanity. The older generations have created the ME generation.

Regards Tony