• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biden pardons marijuana offenses, calls for review of federal law

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
What a loaf of Twaddle.

I have seen the results of this pernicious drug with recreational use, and either the deadening of the intelligence, or the schizophrenia results.

It has great benefits when using the medicinal product and this is a bonus for this plant.

Regards Tony

If you look at the research, it's much more of a link for chronic users, as in daily use. I'm not saying at all that it's totally safe. There are lots of dangers on this planet, and it varies by person. But putting kids in jail with sentences equivalent to much greater criminality, is in my view, not the way to go. Here in Canada it's been legal for some time, and there is lots of research to indication that use hasn't increased much after the first peak due to the celebration of it becoming legal. So legalisation or not has little relationship to total use. One just has to look at the history of alcohol prohibition to see that.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
upload_2022-10-7_9-38-13.gif

Brian2

Veteran Member
Biden pardons marijuana offenses, calls for review of federal law

Well, it's about time. Way past time.

Months? Try decades.

If they can get it passed before the midterms, it'll probably help the Democrats, since 2/3 of Americans want marijuana to be legalized, according to the polls cited in the article.

It has come a long way since paranoia of the middle of last century.
There would need to be strict regulations, as with alcohol. Marijuarna can be harmful to an immature brain and even to a mature one.
Once laws like this are in place it can be hard to turn things back when it is discovered that the harmful effects are worse than was thought.
And really there has to be a better way to ingest it than smoking.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If you look at the research, it's much more of a link for chronic users, as in daily use. I'm not saying at all that it's totally safe. There are lots of dangers on this planet, and it varies by person. But putting kids in jail with sentences equivalent to much greater criminality, is in my view, not the way to go. Here in Canada it's been legal for some time, and there is lots of research to indication that use hasn't increased much after the first peak due to the celebration of it becoming legal. So legalisation or not has little relationship to total use. One just has to look at the history of alcohol prohibition to see that.

I very much agree there is much better ways of handling the offence. Yet one should not make it legal, the clear boundaries need to be set. IMHO

Regards Tony

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
What a loaf of Twaddle.

I have seen the results of this pernicious drug with recreational use, and either the deadening of the intelligence, or the schizophrenia results.

It has great benefits when using the medicinal product and this is a bonus for this plant.

Regards Tony
Alcohol and tobacco are worse by far. Do you believe that those two should be prohibited as well?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I feel sorry for 2/3 of Americans.

I support medicinal use, recreational use is a blight on the human spirit.

Regards Tony

It's not nearly as harmful as alcohol and cigarettes. I wouldn't argue that it's harmless, but I don't think it's so bad that it would justify prohibition. The "Reefer Madness" propaganda was a laughingstock; nobody believes that anymore. And many have argued that the reasons for outlawing it in the first place was in order to have some kind of charge to target black and Hispanic people. It had nothing to do with public health or safety.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
It's not nearly as harmful as alcohol and cigarettes. I wouldn't argue that it's harmless, but I don't think it's so bad that it would justify prohibition. The "Reefer Madness" propaganda was a laughingstock; nobody believes that anymore. And many have argued that the reasons for outlawing it in the first place was in order to have some kind of charge to target black and Hispanic people. It had nothing to do with public health or safety.
That and potential conflict with the forestry industry, over fibre source for paper.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
If I understand correctly, even if marijuana becomes federally legal some states can still choose to have laws against selling it right?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
IMHO, that would be God Lewis. Otherwise, we are left to our own choices, which is the current direction the world is heading in.

Regards Tony

The problem with letting God call the shots is that practically that means his representatives on Earth are calling the shots.
And whilst some of those people are lovely, some formed the Islamic Republic of Iran.

Still, if we allow for God's rules here...what is his opinion on tobacco, marijuana and alcohol?