• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biden pardons marijuana offenses, calls for review of federal law

gnomon

Do you actually think this will have an effect on the midterm elections? I don't. I thoroughly support Biden's position on this one but the States will have to follow but I don't think it will have that much of an effect on the midterm elections.

I don't know.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Cannabis is a mind altering substances that, like alcohol effects people in many different ways, some have very little tolerance and with heavy use causes schizophrenia.

I have been on the receiving end of violence induced by cannabis induced schizophrenia. There was a person on my road work gang that used to go back to his trailer at lunch time, and after lunch we knew we would have a person who was at the drop of a hat, very angry and abusive. Then one night it went to a knife fight between a drunk and the drug smoker, the drunk smashed the dope smoker with a star picket.

But heck they were having fun. I had a 360 klm drive to drop the drug fellow with a cracked skull into hospital, then a 360 km drive back just in time to supervise the concrete pour for a remote road flood way.

This is story about how a person who smoked pot was a victim of the violence of a drunk person. Not a great story to exemplify how awful pot is.

Secondly, where the heck do you live? I presume the middle of nowhere if you had to personally drive someone 360km to a hospital and had no access to emergency services. That's an issue of infrastructure, not weed.

All ways my experience, it is the sober and non-drug effected person that has to fix up the mess, or get people safely home! Go figure that.

How many times has a person you know drank or smoked weed and you haven't had to clean up any mess, because you didn't even know or nothing happened?

My son ended up in Jail, we did not realise he had so called good friend who's parents thought it was fine to give their child, thus my child was also given cannabis when he was only around 10 to 12 years old. We wondered why his school grades got worse and why his entire personality was changing. They put that down to ADHD, it was only later he told us what was going on.

This is a separate issue of whether various substances should be legal for children rather than adults. We already make a distinction with alcohol and tobacco for obvious reasons. I would treat pot similarly.

Imagine all the kids, in the years their brains are developing, that will now be exposed to this pernicious substance!

People are madly pursuing their own self pleasures over the good of our children, and the whole of humanity. The older generations have created the ME generation.

Regards Tony

What we've created is a generation who is tired of people being put in prison for simply smoking weed. It's absurd, authoritarian, and unnecessary.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This is story about how a person who smoked pot was a victim of the violence of a drunk person. Not a great story to exemplify how awful pot is.

No it is not. You were no there, the mouth of the pot smoker, who's reduced mental capacity induced him to offer foul and prejudicial remarks, got the reaction of the drunk.

Both to blame.

Yes I live remote a town of 1500. Our work camps go out for up to 380km from town, and the town is also remote 500 km from the nearest big trauma emergency hospital, so 880km to the camp.

Regards Tony

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Biden pardons marijuana offenses, calls for review of federal law

Well, it's about time. Way past time.

Months? Try decades.

If they can get it passed before the midterms, it'll probably help the Democrats, since 2/3 of Americans want marijuana to be legalized, according to the polls cited in the article.
That's nice, but this is awful cynical of a person who helped create laws to lock people up. Harris is anti-weed and loved to lock people up, too. Just in time for the election, too.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What we've created is a generation who is tired of people being put in prison for simply smoking weed. It's absurd, authoritarian, and unnecessary.

This has not been discussed, what the penalties should or could be.

But the Authority is needed. Those that choose to partake of mind altering drugs, are of the category of weak and self indulgent. I know, I love sugar, and would love to give it up, but way too weak to do that. ;):D

Regards Tony

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
No it is not. You were no there, the mouth of the pot smoker, who's reduced mental capacity induced him to offer foul and prejudicial remarks, got the reaction of the drunk.

Both to blame.

Calling someone names merits violence that induces emergency-level injury?

The fact that you've seen a fight that escalated between two intoxicated people (so have I) is not a reason to proscribe all use. Speaking as someone who has drank many times, I've never gotten in a fight.

Yes I live remote a town of 1500. Our work camps go out for up to 380km from town, and the town is also remote 500 km from the nearest big trauma emergency hospital, so 880km to the camp.

Regards Tony

So again, an issue of location which would prove difficult for any medical emergency regardless of cause.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member

That's literally the entire point of the thread.

But the Authority is needed. Those that choose to partake of mind altering drugs, are of the category of weak and self indulgent. I know, I love sugar, and would love to give it up, but way too weak to do that. ;):D

Regards Tony

Oh I see, so your vices are okay. Everyone else's though, let's ban them. ;)

gnomon

Regards Tony

What do you know about schizophrenia and other mental disorders? I ask this since you alluded to it earlier.

Last edited:

We Never Know

No Slack

Regards Tony
Well then I reckon we need to get rid of nicotine, alcohol, etc.

Yes I said nicotine....

"Nicotine stimulates the pleasure centers of the brain, mimicking dopamine, so your brain starts to associate nicotine use with feeling good. According to the National Institutes of Health, the nicotine in cigarettes changes your brain, which leads to withdrawal symptoms when you try to quit."

What You Need to Know About Smoking and Your Brain.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I offer it can work when we are educated about it correctly and are brought up in the purpose of having clear and defined laws.

It will required a good education and a change in attitudes. I see that will happen, people will realise that they are being hermful to themselves and others by participating in the recreational use of mind altering substances.

I wonder how many innocent people have been killed by drug and alcohol effected drivers over the years.

Imagine how bad that will get. I guess all the pot smokers will just have to drive a lot less.

But wait, they will feel great and say I can drive better now I am doped up! Much like all the alcohol effected drivers that think they are a Jack Bradman.

Regards Tony
You seem not to be up-to-date on the effects of THC on drivers. While driving under the influence of either THC or alcohol should be prohibited, the reactions to the substances are almost diametrically opposite. Alcohol causes people to drive faster and more risky while people under the influence of THC usually over compensate for their impaired driving, i.e. much slower and less aggressive. Both, however have a prolonged reaction time and can't assess situations realistically.