• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biden /Kamala Harris

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
The EC never "gives" anything to any candidate. Trump won almost 85% of the counties in the US; this entitled him to the EC votes. What you're saying is that we should be governed by 15% of the nation. This is the genius of the EC, and this is why it's worked for over 200 hundred years. Thank goodness it's never been changed by a group displaying a bad case of sour grapes.
Interesting how Trump changed his mind about the EC after the EC gave him the Presidency.

Heyo

Veteran Member
What is your evidence for this claim?
She won the popular vote. There are female gouvernors, senators, representatives, justices. There was no discussion about her gender (until she tried to play the vagina card, which might have cost her votes). There was no discussion about gender in the 2020 primary.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Did she win the presidency?

What I wanted to say was that it wasn't her gender that prevented her from winning. But it also didn't help her.
Her gender wasn't a benefit when it came to a national vote. The presidency is a leadership position, doesn't matter if the leader is male or female.
I do know a lot of evangelical conservatives would never vote for a woman. Whether that be republican or democrat. The bible doesn't allow a woman to hold authority over a man. That's how some people vote.
There's also that toxic masculinity among the same types, thinking a woman belongs in the kitchen and not working..

Heyo

Veteran Member
Her gender wasn't a benefit when it came to a national vote. The presidency is a leadership position, doesn't matter if the leader is male or female.
I do know a lot of evangelical conservatives would never vote for a woman. Whether that be republican or democrat. The bible doesn't allow a woman to hold authority over a man. That's how some people vote.
There's also that toxic masculinity among the same types, thinking a woman belongs in the kitchen and not working..
And there is an equal number of feminists that would vote for a woman no matter her qualification.
As I see it the best strategy is not to mention gender. Say that a woman can't win and she will. Say "vote for me, I'm a woman" and you lose.

tytlyf

Not Religious
And there is an equal number of feminists that would vote for a woman no matter her qualification.
As I see it the best strategy is not to mention gender. Say that a woman can't win and she will. Say "vote for me, I'm a woman" and you lose.
No, there really isn't an equal number of feminists as the amount of evangelicals voting. False equivalence.
Additionally, the number is even smaller for the cherry picked setup of "I'm a feminist and I'll never vote for a man!"
Focus on the majority. Not some minute % of a party.

Heyo

Veteran Member
No, there really isn't an equal number of feminists as the amount of evangelicals voting. False equivalence.
Additionally, the number is even smaller for the cherry picked setup of "I'm a feminist and I'll never vote for a man!"
Focus on the majority. Not some minute % of a party.
I don't have statistics to substantiate my claim, just some food for thought:
If there are more evangelicals who would never vote for a woman than there are feminists who would only vote for a woman, and Hillary won the popular vote in 2016, than there have to be much more people outside those two circles who voted for a woman over a man. I.e. the American public is prepared to make a woman president.

tytlyf

Not Religious
I don't have statistics to substantiate my claim, just some food for thought:
If there are more evangelicals who would never vote for a woman than there are feminists who would only vote for a woman, and Hillary won the popular vote in 2016, than there have to be much more people outside those two circles who voted for a woman over a man. I.e. the American public is prepared to make a woman president.
It's not food for thought because it can be backed up with common sense. To even assert there's equal number of radical feminists as radical evangelicals doesn't even make sense.
Most Americans voted for Hillary. That goes for men and women. Evangelical votes aren't necessary to win elections for democrats.
I don't think Democrats want evangelicals anyways. I know I don't. Evangelicals put the bible above the constitution. They're also not interested in the separation of church and state.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Interesting how Trump changed his mind about the EC after the EC gave him the Presidency.

Could not care less who does or does not change their minds about the EC. It was probably the most forward looking and genius inspired idea in the history of legal elections. BTW, as a Representative Republic, all of our Presidential elections have been decided in the EC.