• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biden /Kamala Harris

Riders

Biden has chosen Kamala Harris for his running mate. I just wonder if Democrats can win with a female Vice president. Are Americans ready for it?

tytlyf

Not Religious
I predicted this VP choice in the beginning. Very skillful and intelligent lady. I approve

Last edited:

Heyo

Veteran Member
Biden has chosen Kamala Harris for his running mate. I just wonder if Democrats can win with a female Vice president. Are Americans ready for it?
Americans would have chosen a female president in 2016 if it wasn't Clinton.
Same goes for Harris. She's not much different from Biden, just a bit younger (and also happens to be female). I.e. she doesn't draw any voter contingent that isn't already voting for Biden.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Same goes for Harris. She's not much different from Biden, just a bit younger (and also happens to be female). I.e. she doesn't draw any voter contingent that isn't already voting for Biden.
Except that the popular vote from 2016 says the exact opposite...

Clinton WON the popular vote by more than 3 million votes.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
And then there's the VP-debate. That noxious smell coming from the White House is the result of the Administration Pencing in its pants.

BSM1

What? Me worry?

But can she dance?

Cooky

Veteran Member

I figured Biden would pick a female VP. I just hope Harris is prepared for some hands on politics... :D

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
There's no question the lady is smart, extremely well-informed, and able to build coalitions. During the race to nominate Biden, she was fierce and extremely coherent, often critical of Biden. I think that this shows that Biden recognizes that political campaigning is not a place to make either enemies or friends, and that those you've fought hard against (and who have fought hard against you), can be recruited to good purpose.

I think the choice bodes well. More than anything else, I truly hope the orange idiot is turfed. And I'll say this, too -- I bet there are a lot of Americans who, while they wouldn't admit it publicly, also want him gone, so the country can begin returning to some sort of normal.

Cooky

Veteran Member
But can she dance?

Oh, she will... She will.

BidenLadies.jpeg.jpg

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
This is my thought as well, however, several of other positions align with the progressive platforms. Reference for those interested: Where Kamala Harris stands on the biggest 2020 issues
Seems I agree with her most of that, with the exception of Medicare for all. As a Canadian of 72, having had some health issues (nothing life-threatening, so far, except gettig old), living in a single-payer universal healthcare system, I understand the importance of feeling assured that healthcare will be there when I need it.