• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biden /Kamala Harris

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Seriously? She couldn't even beat a demented, doddering old man in her party's primaries debates. (This is going to be fun...)
No one could beat the demented, narcissist, dictatorial, sinner, possible criminal old man in his party's primary in 2016. This is indeed going to be fun.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Except that the popular vote from 2016 says the exact opposite...

Clinton WON the popular vote by more than 3 million votes.
Did she win the presidency?

What I wanted to say was that it wasn't her gender that prevented her from winning. But it also didn't help her.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Did she win the presidency?
Nope.
The electoral college gave the Presidency to Trump, IN SPITE of what the American People wanted as evidenced by the fact that Trump LOST the popular vote.

Which is the exact opposite of your claim:
Americans would have chosen a female president in 2016 if it wasn't Clinton.

What I wanted to say was that it wasn't her gender that prevented her from winning. But it also didn't help her.
It was the Electoral College that prevented her from winning.
Nothing more.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Biden has chosen Kamala Harris for his running mate. I just wonder if Democrats can win with a female Vice president. Are Americans ready for it?

I like Harris way back when but she didn't get a lot of democratic support. I suppose that has changed now.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Nope.
The electoral college gave the Presidency to Trump, IN SPITE of what the American People wanted as evidenced by the fact that Trump LOST the popular vote.

Nothing more.

The EC never "gives" anything to any candidate. Trump won almost 85% of the counties in the US; this entitled him to the EC votes. What you're saying is that we should be governed by 15% of the nation. This is the genius of the EC, and this is why it's worked for over 200 hundred years. Thank goodness it's never been changed by a group displaying a bad case of sour grapes.

Shaul

Premium Member
Hopefully this means we won’t be afflicted with any more puff pieces about Stacey Abrams.

tytlyf

Not Religious
I figured Biden would pick a female VP. I just hope Harris is prepared for some hands on politics... :D
During the Democratic debates Biden mentioned that if he were the nominee he would choose a female VP. So he is just keeping his word.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Nope.

Nothing more.
And who forced the Electoral College on the American people?