• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biden Administration Going Off The Rails

esmith

Veteran Member
Police officers show up and you would think the people would actually stop fighting. The female keeps fighting and pulls a knife, looks like she is going for the head and neck area, looks like lethal force, the officer saved a life.
You will never convince an arm-chair-quarterback or someone who has never been in a life or death siutation.
The problem is if people that go after the law enforcement community has and will result in experienced officers to leave the force and smart individuals to not apply to become a LEO
I suspect that there will be less response to 911 calls if the call originates in an area where the police know that the odds of them facing a miniority are possible.

tytlyf

Not Religious
You will never convince an arm-chair-quarterback or someone who has never been in a life or death siutation.
The problem is if people that go after the law enforcement community has and will result in experienced officers to leave the force and smart individuals to not apply to become a LEO
I suspect that there will be less response to 911 calls if the call originates in an area where the police know that the odds of them facing a miniority are possible.
Good. If that's what it takes to clean up this corrupt police culture. But you're just parroting a common RW talking point, playing with your emotions.

F1fan

Veteran Member
That is correct.
And if you think so where is your proof?
And no I do not have to prove there isn't, you do.
If you listen to the experiences of black people in the USA you will hear a dramatically different type of experience as a white person. Conservatism in the USA has a inherently biased perspective if you look at the lack of diversity in elected officials, to the lack of support republicans get from minorities. How minorities are treated in traffic stops in something that is widely recorded. Another example is prejudice from opportunity. Trump is known to have gotten into legal trouble by banning blacks from eating his units back in the 70's. This made him more attractive to white supremacists and conservatives.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Conservatism in the USA has a inherently biased perspective if you look at the lack of diversity in elected officials, to the lack of support republicans get from minorities.
Reminds me of when the GOP signed into law in Georgia the recent voter-repression bills, and that group was all white men with a picture of a slave plantation in the background.

Reminds me of when the GOP signed into law in Georgia the recent voter-repression bills, and that group was all white men with a picture of a slave plantation in the background.
Because requiring a voter ID is somehow racist. Being able to verify everyone’s vote is common sense. The real cheaters are the people yelling voter suppression when we have multiple weeks of voting, plenty of time to apply for absentee applications for a ballot or an ID. If people are unable to to this they shouldn’t be able to vote.

metis

Because requiring a voter ID is somehow racist.
Are you serious? When one registers to vote for the first time, voter ID is required as no one is going to just take one's word for it.

In the last election there was only one person in the entire country that we know voted illegally, at least the last time I heard, and that person can be possibly given 5 years in federal prison.

Thus, all you are doing is fighting a myth, and Pubs that ran these elections in the states agree that there is no problem.

esmith

Veteran Member

Seems that you have been listing to the wrong source about this new Gerogia law.
What do you say in refererence to the following:
FactChecking Claims About the Georgia Voting Law - FactCheck.org

In addition I hear many of Democrats that requiring voter ID is racist because it discriminates against blacks.
I say they are rasist for the following reason.
Seems they are saying that blacks are too supid or lazy to obtain voter ID.
It seems that there are whites that have the same issues but I guess they are saying that whites can solve those problems an obtain voter ID whereas blacks can't.

Better take a closer look at your and other Democrats ideas, because they seem pretty racist to me.
Note: there are numerous blacks that think the same way. Or do you and other just think they are "Uncle Toms"?

F1fan

Veteran Member
Because requiring a voter ID is somehow racist. Being able to verify everyone’s vote is common sense. The real cheaters are the people yelling voter suppression when we have multiple weeks of voting, plenty of time to apply for absentee applications for a ballot or an ID. If people are unable to to this they shouldn’t be able to vote.
Voter ID laws in 2016 had racist intent as numerous admissions by republicans that it would help them win elections. Today ID is accepted as the 4 years have given people time to get IDs as needed to vote. Now Republicans are trying other things by limiting poll access, requiring a photocopy of ID, setting times at polls unfavorable to those who can't take time off work during the day, etc. Don't forget the republicans in GA originally wanted to eliminate Sunday voting which would directly eliminate the Souls to the Polls events that black church goers do. They got massive pushback so instead made it optional for a county to offer Sunday voting. Note this isn't a guarantee of Sunday voting, just that a county has the option to open polls on Sunday. This was a compromise, but it has a direct and deliberate affect on black voters.

metis

Someone should read their own FactChecking more c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y.

Yes, Biden didn't tell the full truth on the Georgia law, but neither did some others, including Kemp. Clearly, according to FC, it does indeed contain some voter repression, such as with the reduction in drop-boxes and the water-in-line issue and the reduction of the days allowed for absentee ballots and making it more difficult to obtain provisional ballots.

Thus, my main point had nothing to do with Biden but everything to do with voter suppression in Georgia.

Voter ID laws in 2016 had racist intent as numerous admissions by republicans that it would help them win elections. Today ID is accepted as the 4 years have given people time to get IDs as needed to vote. Now Republicans are trying other things by limiting poll access, requiring a photocopy of ID, setting times at polls unfavorable to those who can't take time off work during the day, etc. Don't forget the republicans in GA originally wanted to eliminate Sunday voting which would directly eliminate the Souls to the Polls events that black church goers do. They got massive pushback so instead made it optional for a county to offer Sunday voting. Note this isn't a guarantee of Sunday voting, just that a county has the option to open polls on Sunday. This was a compromise, but it has a direct and deliberate affect on black voters.
Just to let everyone know that the 2024 Presidential election will be November 5, 2024
Get ID, and make arrangements for that day, if you can’t vote in person apply for an absentee ballot. Are you insinuating people unable to adjust their schedules to vote on this day?

F1fan

Veteran Member
In addition I hear many of Democrats that requiring voter ID is racist because it discriminates against blacks.
I say they are rasist for the following reason.
Seems they are saying that blacks are too supid or lazy to obtain voter ID.
Actually this is what republicans are counting on. But the problem is more systematic. To get an ID or license most states require specific documents, one of which is often a birth certificate. Trying to get these documents has been difficult and/or cost money that they just can't afford. This is why these ID laws have been deemed like a poll tax as there's a financial burden involved in being allowed to vote. In essence it doesn't matter that a person is as citizen and of age and qualified to cast votes, it matters that a person has ID. I wouldn't mind this if there was an exemption for those who could;t get ID for reasons outside of their control.

It seems that there are whites that have the same issues but I guess they are saying that whites can solve those problems an obtain voter ID whereas blacks can't.
In 2016 a friend's 84 year old dad had no ID since he didn't drive and was retired, so had to get an ID to vote. They tried two days trying to get documents the state would accept but couldn't get it done. The guy was prevented from voting even though he had a history of voting. This was back in the Koback years when he claimed massive voter fraud. He prevented an estimated 10,500 citizens from voting. When he prosecuted fraud cases he only found 6. Five were people who believed they could vote in any county where they owned property, so just dumb folks. The one case was actual fraud. Koback never won an election in Kansas again.

Better take a closer look at your and other Democrats ideas, because they seem pretty racist to me.
You don't strike me as very objective, and what you claimed to be democrats being racist was your own imagination, not facts. So perhaps take your own advice.

Last edited:

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Except for the fact that the new Georgia law is about much more than merely voter ID...

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Seem's that even when a police officer has to shoot someone to protect another person's life the current Administartion has to condem it and blame the police.
'She was a child': White House addresses fatal police shooting of Ma'Khia Bryant | 10tv.com

Then we have a national news source (NBC) trying to cover up the actual reason the person was shot and killed.
Ohio police fatally shoot teen girl after call about knife attack

I would continue on but it appears that it is this Administration and the media than is the one that is fostering the idea that there is a systemic race problem in the country and especially within law enforcement.
So then why do we give them less lethal options?
We should strive to ensure whenever possible a criminal gets their day in court. Too many cops, however, take it upon themselves to be judge, jury, and executioner. None of those are their place or job.

So then why do we give them less lethal options?
We should strive to ensure whenever possible a criminal gets their day in court. Too many cops, however, take it upon themselves to be judge, jury, and executioner. None of those are their place or job.
Recommend that everyone go ride with a cop on duty and see what kind of people (criminals) they have to deal with. It will change your mind.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Recommend that everyone go ride with a cop on duty and see what kind of people (criminals) they have to deal with. It will change your mind.
Sure about that?
And you assume everyone they encounter is a criminal? Most of the people they deal with are like me, random people who were driving a little fast, head light out, or whatever. We don't want any trouble, so we don't give the cop any trouble.
And I've worked with child services. People can cry me a river. I've dealt with some outright crap, been called the bad guy, people hating me for my job, but I'm not abusing my position or the people I encounter.
Police need to get some thicker skin and toughen up if they use that as an excuse.

Sure about that?
And you assume everyone they encounter is a criminal? Most of the people they deal with are like me, random people who were driving a little fast, head light out, or whatever. We don't want any trouble, so we don't give the cop any trouble.
And I've worked with child services. People can cry me a river. I've dealt with some outright crap, been called the bad guy, people hating me for my job, but I'm not abusing my position or the people I encounter.
Police need to get some thicker skin and toughen up if they use that as an excuse.
Yeah I’m sure about that

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Yeah I’m sure about that
You have a funny sense of confidence. Even in the face of someone who has dealt with some crap from people. People have called me a piece of ****, an untrustable agent of the state, I've even been accused of kidnapping kids.
If I rode around with a cop, NWA's song "**** tha Police" would still be one of my favorites.
They need thicker skin if that's their excuse for becoming bullies and thinking we should be easier on them.

You have a funny sense of confidence. Even in the face of someone who has dealt with some crap from people. People have called me a piece of ****, an untrustable agent of the state, I've even been accused of kidnapping kids.
If I rode around with a cop, NWA's song "**** tha Police" would still be one of my favorites.
They need thicker skin if that's their excuse for becoming bullies and thinking we should be easier on them.
Some cops are jerks and are on a power trip, some corrupt as well, those need to be removed and shouldn’t be police officers. Not talking about those, was specifically talking about the young lady with the knife and the cops proper response.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Not talking about those, was specifically talking about the young lady with the knife and the cops proper response.
Ride around for awhile and that's not likely to be a part of it. Ride around with a cop, chances are nothing that exciting happens. Sure, stuff happens, but they can cry me a river. They aren't they only ones who take crap for having the job they do (even in mental health it does sometimes happen that a clinician can be directly threatened by and in immediate danger of a client).
And, let's be realistic about this, police out on patrol is hardly the only place where police brutality and corruption is found. It is found in their offices, throughout their ranks, up to the top (I must lay guilt upon the federal level as state levels have utterly failed to correct these wrongs).