• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biden Administration Going Off The Rails

Ride around for awhile and that's not likely to be a part of it. Ride around with a cop, chances are nothing that exciting happens. Sure, stuff happens, but they can cry me a river. They aren't they only ones who take crap for having the job they do (even in mental health it does sometimes happen that a clinician can be directly threatened by and in immediate danger of a client).
And, let's be realistic about this, police out on patrol is hardly the only place where police brutality and corruption is found. It is found in their offices, throughout their ranks, up to the top (I must lay guilt upon the federal level as state levels have utterly failed to correct these wrongs).
Yeah, let’s be realistic, the officer came to the scene, the female continues to fight, pulls a knife to kill another female and the cop shot her to protect the victim. It was the female with the knife that caused her own death not the cop and he didn’t need a taser or anything else. Not sure what you’re thinking, she was getting ready to stab the other girl. So obvious and you’re arguing about it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Yeah, let’s be realistic, the officer came to the scene, the female continues to fight, pulls a knife to kill another female and the cop shot her to protect the victim. It was the female with the knife that caused her own death not the cop and he didn’t need a taser or anything else. Not sure what you’re thinking, she was getting ready to stab the other girl. So obvious and you’re arguing about it.
Didn't need a taser or anything else? Cops aren't executioners. It is a terribly, embarrassing shame we have some very deadly and abusive police compared to the rest of the world, and people defend it.
Yes, I know riding around with a cop wouldn't change my views of them. I've even known some (my sister is married to a former cop) and it hasn't changed my view of them. They are corrupt, abusive, violent, and plagued with problems from the bottom-up and top-down, left-to-right and front-to-back. And it's not just the police. It's lawyers, judges, and politicians who make possible for these things. Like the War on Drugs, militarized police, 3-Strikes Rule, and private prisons.
As long as qualified immunity exists and police are allowed to conduct internal investigations into their own misdoings, the police cannot be trusted. Medicine, science, and academia have swallowed their past misdeeds and now subject to Institutional Review Boards. The same must happen with the police.
And as I've been saying, the police need some thicker skin and more secure egos. But they have some of the thinnest skin out there as many push to make it illegal for us to record them or even insult them. If people call CPS employees kidnappers and say those people are stealing people's kids and the CPS case managers aren't brutalizing others and killing over it, the police need to learn how to be mature adults and handle their job professionally. Some of us have standards (and CPS (along with outside service providers) people do tend to work alongside the police).

F1fan

Veteran Member
Recommend that everyone go ride with a cop on duty and see what kind of people (criminals) they have to deal with. It will change your mind.
Well that is their kind of job. If you went on a ride-a-long with a milk delivery person you'll discover the world is nothing but milk drinkers.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Recommend that everyone go ride with a cop on duty and see what kind of people (criminals) they have to deal with. It will change your mind.
You heard it here first, cops should be able to take the law into their own hands based on the kind of "people they deal with."

Even though that's their job and they should know what they're getting into before recruitment.
If cops don't want to deal with criminals and the dregs of society, there's better jobs out there.

No sympathy for cops whining about the public they're supposed to serve. Crime has been around for thousands of years. It's not going anywhere.

You heard it here first, cops should be able to take the law into their own hands based on the kind of "people they deal with."

Even though that's their job and they should know what they're getting into before recruitment.
If cops don't want to deal with criminals and the dregs of society, there's better jobs out there.

No sympathy for cops whining about the public they're supposed to serve. Crime has been around for thousands of years. It's not going anywhere.
Not sure where you get your information. Don’t hear cops complaining just ignorant people siding with criminals instead of the good guys. I’m glad we have the police to call that, as you said it, are trained to deal with criminals like the young lady who had the knife and other criminals who want to rob and kill people.

Suave

Simulated character
Come on, man! The cop didn't need to have such an itchy trigger finger shooting his firearm.. He could have first tried deploying non lethal force with his tazer in order to keep the young female with the knife away from stabbing to death her knife attack victim.

Come on, man! The cop didn't need to have such an itchy trigger finger shooting his firearm.. He could have first tried deploying non lethal force with his tazer in order to keep the young female with the knife away from stabbing to death her knife attack victim.
Yeah, sure thing