• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biblical prophecies and statements. Are they about Jesus Christ or Bahaullah?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I believe that the prophecies are about Jesus not Bahaullah. He is a replacement Jesus, similar to Santa Claus.
Hello Skywalker! :)
Well, of course you do...... I can understand that because you are a Christian.
Now you have a nice day....... :)

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
All good OB, as I hope your and yours are. Personally I did not need the Prophecy.

To meit was a bonus on the cake! ;)

I tire quickly with this back and fro on prophecy, yes a waste of time is applicable.

Regards Tony

Yes. Of course.
It's all about personal belief. So trying to argue with folks who believe in something is kind of pointless, and where (on occasion) somebody comes along to tell the World how right they are about some fortune told or not I think the best way to tell 'em 'Hey Ho.... and Good Day!'. :)

I could throw in my own deeply held convictions about the Great Honey Badger in the Clouds who descends and nicks all the honey from the heathen temples of them Foxey Followers an' stuff...... but will it get me a convert? Hell could freeze over first! And me nobbled by the bosses for proselytizing ....... ! :D

firedragon

Veteran Member
The Bible says Elijah always comes first, that the way for the Messenger is prepared by a teacher, who is forteling the Message is about to come.

For Jesus Christ that was John the Baptist, who Jesus said was Elijah.

For the Bab there were 2 successive teachers starting as early as 1800, for Baha'u'llah the Bab, a Messenger who was also the Elijah for the "Day of God".

It is also written that in the physical sky a star also precedes the Messenger.

Has history recorded who was preparing the way for Muhammad? Who was the Elijah for the Message given by Muhammad?

Today was the first thing I have found, e en though I had done many previous searches. When Muhammad was a child a Christian Monk knew who Muhammad was, so I do wonder if that Monk, then taught about what was to come?

Unfortunately the link also said not much is known of the time before Muhammad, so maybe that knowledge is lost?

Regards Tony

Nevertheless, I would like to receive the direct biblical references for this posts contentions. Also, which hadith speaks about this monk.

Interesting.

Skywalker

Muhammad also wanted peace, but Muhammad's mission was to unite bloodthirsty tribes into a great Nation and men had different ideas.

Islam became a great Nation and back in time had 7 kingdoms with 10 rulers that also came to worship the One God in the Holy Land and were its custodians until The Bab and Baha'u'llah brought God's rule back to Mankind and all the Jews were invited back, starting, amazingly in 1844 with the Edict of Toleration.

The Law now goes out from Zion, the hills and lands rejoice in the Glory of the Lord.

What a great day we live in. What a great day to be alive.

You do know there is never ending material we can use to show Baha'u'llah is as claimed, at the same time I see it is very easy just to let it go past and not consider what is being offered, the quandary of this life.

Regards Tony

Christianity spread through peace. Jesus didn't tear down pagan altars.

firedragon

Veteran Member
The descriptions of Jesus and the Dajjal in the Koran.

See, when I ask for a Quranic verse, and you say something as bogus as this, it is simply just evident that you made a certain statement up just out of thin air (about Quran stating Jesus is the Anti Christ), and now you are obviously unable to provide a verse so you just resort to another rhetorical statement.

Wow. Just wow.

Give a Quran verse that says "Jesus is the antichrist" or just admit you just made that up.

Skywalker

See, when I ask for a Quranic verse, and you say something as bogus as this, it is simply just evident that you made a certain statement up just out of thin air (about Quran stating Jesus is the Anti Christ), and now you are obviously unable to provide a verse so you just resort to another rhetorical statement.

Wow. Just wow.

Give a Quran verse that says "Jesus is the antichrist" or just admit you just made that up.

The Quran says that the twelfth imam will rule the world for seven years after three years of chaos. The 12th imam is the Madhi.

firedragon

Veteran Member
All of it are in the Book of Iqan, with references.

Not a valid response. I would like to see references, not a name of a book. "Here you go, this is the ocean, go find it yourself". Amazing.

Sis, only Jesus and the Maji's episode in the NT is mentioned in the Kithab I Iqan. The Moses affair is unacceptable because he is reading into the Bible what is not there. He also misrepresents the New Testament because obviously he doesnt have any knowledge in Greek. So he says Worship when the Bible says pay obeisance. This was a common misunderstanding of the Christians who turned Jesus into God, and Bahaullah took the bait. I know that you are gonna get offended by this and will probably do the "tu quoque" as usual, and one of your kins will make the argument of "arrogance", but that's fine. Go ahead.

ANd I asked about this "Elijah" which Bahaullah describes as the son of Zecharaiah who is John, vis a vis, Yahya. But how is Elijah mentioned. Whats the reference? Where in the Kithab I Iqan is it speaking of this so called "monk" who knew Muhammed was gonna be born or how ever that narrations comes through?

Also, what are the references in the Bible where all the prophets were preceded by a star? Where are the references in the Quran?

Last edited:

Skywalker

Not a valid response. I would like to see references, not a name of a book. "Here you go, this is the ocean, go find it yourself". Amazing.

Sis, only Jesus and the Maji's episode in the NT is mentioned in the Kithab I Iqan. The Moses affair is unacceptable because he is reading into the Bible what is not there. He also misrepresents the New Testament because obviously he doesnt have any knowledge in Greek. So he says Worship when the Bible says pay obeisance. This was a common misunderstanding of the Christians who turned Jesus into God, and Bahaullah took the bait. I know that you are gonna get offended by this and will probably do the "tu quoque" as usual, and one of your kins will make the argument of "arrogance", but that's fine. Go ahead.

ANd I asked about this "Elijah" which Bahaullah describes as the son of Zecharaiah who is John, vis a vis, Yahya. But how is Elijah mentioned. Whats the reference?

Also, what are the references in the Bible where all the prophets were preceded by a star? Where are the references in the Quran?
Jesus didn't verbatim say He was God but it was insinuated in His words.

InvestigateTruth

ANd I asked about this "Elijah" which Bahaullah describes as the son of Zecharaiah who is John, vis a vis, Yahya. But how is Elijah mentioned. Whats the reference? Where in the Kithab I Iqan is it speaking of this so called "monk" who knew Muhammed was gonna be born or how ever that narrations comes through?

Good question, with regards to references in Quran. I have to look for them.
But, if I have the time, I can help.

But from my mind, I can tell, if you do a Word search in Iqan, for "astronomer", it is in the section which Bahaullah is talking about.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Good question, with regards to references in Quran. I have to look for them.
But, if I have the time, I can help.

But from my mind, I can tell, if you do a Word search in Iqan, for "astronomer", it is in the section which Bahaullah is talking about.

Sis. References in the Quran about a star that precedes a prophet, there are none. What you would find is a falling star which is a deviation, but the prophet does not go astray. wa al najmi iza hawaa.

And there is nothing about an "Elijah of Islam" which is a unique idea in your faith, but not in the Quran. Neither is it there in the Bible. The maker of the pathway, the baptiser, John, was only in the case of Jesus and not a universal thing for all prophets.

The astronomer who says that stars appear in the "visible heavens" is referring to the appearance of two Shii clerics in the 18th century. It does not make any sense. It seems like post hoc ergo propter hoc to me.

Skywalker

Sis. References in the Quran about a star that precedes a prophet, there are none. What you would find is a falling star which is a deviation, but the prophet does not go astray. wa al najmi iza hawaa.

And there is nothing about an "Elijah of Islam" which is a unique idea in your faith, but not in the Quran. Neither is it there in the Bible. The maker of the pathway, the baptiser, John, was only in the case of Jesus and not a universal thing for all prophets.

The astronomer who says that stars appear in the "visible heavens" is referring to the appearance of two Shii clerics in the 18th century. It does not make any sense. It seems like post hoc ergo propter hoc to me.
Jesus in the Quran doesn't have a manger or Joseph. The story of what follows the angel telling Mary that she is pregnant is very different. The Bible says in Deuteronomy not to add or subtract to the Word of God.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Jesus in the Quran doesn't have a manger or Joseph. The story of what follows the angel telling Mary that she is pregnant is very different. The Bible says in Deuteronomy not to add or subtract to the Word of God.

You've never read any of it.