• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biblical Christianity?

Muffled

Jesus in me
To nit-pick, that was a reference to the Torah and possibly some other books in the Tanakh since the NT had not yet been selected as being "scripture".

I believe God knew quite well what would be written so that means it is covered by that verse.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The writings of Islam, LDS, etc, are all just made up
but not those of Christianity.

I believe the Qu'ra appears to be the Word of God spoken by an angel. The Hadiths appear to be reiigious philosophy while claiming that those things were said by Muhammad.

I believe the book of Mormon is fictional but fairly closely mirrors the Bible.

Audie

Veteran Member
I believe the Qu'ra appears to be the Word of God spoken by an angel. The Hadiths appear to be reiigious philosophy while claiming that those things were said by Muhammad.

I believe the book of Mormon is fictional but fairly closely mirrors the Bible.

Everyone believes his religion is the one true one,
so, you are like everyone else that way..

"Believes it appears" is a couple of steps removed from
what would make any of us confident in any critical situation.

"I believe it appears to be medicine, not rat poison"
"....that the bomb is defused"
"....that I remembered to lock the bank vault."
"....that you were insured when the house burned down."
"..."that this wont lead to nuclear war."

How about the potentially most critical thing there is?

"....that I made the right choice of religions."

What if you didnt? I didnt?

Isn't this what is supposed to happen to me, if i
chose wrong, and go around with my hair (gasp)
uncovered?

islamic hell - Google Search:

Last edited:

Riders

But it is dependable, in its own way. :D

I agree with this. I don't know that I believe Jesus existed if he did I think the resurrection is real , it made up, to be myth to get people to believe and on board with Christianity. I think the copies were so old theyw ere copies of copies of copies we wont ever find out who wrote it.

HOWEVER There is good stuff in the bible. It is a good spiritual resource, has some good historical too, I have read that Historians have used it at times.My favorite scripture is the 23rd Psalm.It says The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want.
Its a way of talking about learning to be happy in my circumstances. I have been in some rough places in my life including now and that scripture speaks to me, I like it. I like PSalms, the book of psalms.

There is also scripture int he new testament 2nd and 3rd John that suggests you don't have to believe in Jesus to be saved, itt alks abotu servinf and believing in God to be Gods children which I think is interesting.