• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bible Passages About Fetus / Baby

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
You still don't understand that God, per the verse you quoted, values people before they are even conceived, and thus is irrelevant to a discussion of the moral status of fetuses?
Soo.. you are saying that God then stops valuing them once they are conceived though the verse states God knows the individual? Lol, ok then!

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Soo.. you are saying that God then stops valuing them once they are conceived though the verse states God knows the individual? Lol, ok then!

:facepalm:

Lol no, I'm saying if he values them just as much pre-utero as in utero, you should be just as morally opposed to contraception and masturbation as you are to abortion. This really isn't that tough to comprehend, and it's like you're straining not to.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
:facepalm:

Lol no, I'm saying if he values them just as much pre-utero as in utero, you should be just as morally opposed to contraception and masturbation as you are to abortion. This really isn't that tough to comprehend, and it's like you're straining not to.
Because you still don't understand that God knows what will be as what is and we can't do that?

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Nope. Your version of God appears to do that.

It is nice that you are beginning to see how absurd your beliefs are.
Wow... I thought you were more knowledgeable of theology than this.
God knowing doesn't equal God causes evil.
That's basic theology going back to the earliest church literature.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
And you still don't understand that if God plays by different rules than us, then his valuing of people in utero or pre utero is irrelevant to our behavior towards each other?
Lol, really? I have to be God like in order to value what God values? You just keep getting more ridiculous.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Wow... I thought you were more knowledgeable of theology than this.
God knowing doesn't equal God causes evil.
That's basic theology going back to the earliest church literature.
Oh my! Yes, God would not do that if he existed. You just refuted your own version of God again. The version of God that you worship is guilty of those acts.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Lol, really? I have to be God like in order to value what God values? You just keep getting more ridiculous.

You can't play it both ways. You can't say you have a certain moral view because of what you think God values and then when I point out where that should logically lead you, say, "well God knows more than us so that doesn't count." Sorry no. Either it all counts or none of it does.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
You can't play it both ways. You can't say you have a certain moral view because of what you think God values and then when I point out where that should logically lead you, say, "well God knows more than us so that doesn't count." Sorry no. Either it all counts or none of it does.
It doesn't logically lead to me being God. Duh.