• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best way to get drunk?

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Guys tell me your favourite drinks!!!
Your favourite Whiskey, vodka, bourbon, rum, beer or tequila
Best brand. Best mixer. Best recipe even.
And make your case.
I’m curious.

I’m a rum and bourbon girl. But I mix it with Pepsi or even Dr Pepper if I’m desperate. Coke makes me too sick lol
Prefer home made to be completely honest

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I drink very little and have not been drunk since the "never again" of 1988 so what do i know...

I will have a sip of good cognac or wine for toasts, and i like a glass of the local walnut liquor at Saturnalia...thats about it now.

Both cognac and wine (not together) i use in abundance in cooking though, doesn't count for getting drunk though...

As for getting drunk, i believe drinking spirit through a straw can hit quicker.

Heyo

Veteran Member
And make your case.
I’m curious.

I’m a rum and bourbon girl. But I mix it with Pepsi or even Dr Pepper if I’m desperate. Coke makes me too sick lol
Wanna get drunk fast? Tequila Rapido:

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
Oooo when I was an alcoholic I'd just get a glass and fill it up with Crown Royal whiskey and drink it like water or chug it like beer. It's a cool party trick lol trips people out.

Rolling rock beer tastes really good.

Been a couple years since I've been drunk I think. I've tried like five times so far this year, taking seven shots of crown royal whiskey and some rolling rocks one night, but it did nothing ;-;

Oooo a Mickey's 40oz is good. There's hardly any water in that sucker you can leave it in the freezer for several hours.

Orbit

I'm a planet
I like French wine, Cava, and domestic sparkling wine like Gruet or Korbel. California wines are ok for a heavier style, but I tend to prefer Washington and Oregon for domestic wines. I'm kind of a wine geek.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I like French wine, Cava, and domestic sparkling wine like Gruet or Korbel. California wines are ok for a heavier style, but I tend to prefer Washington and Oregon for domestic wines. I'm kind of a wine geek.

I am told by several "experts" on French wines...

Cahors AOC reds are richer than most at a good price

Monbazillac AOC whites are smooth warm and sweet, great desert wines, a little dearer but well worth it.

exchemist

Veteran Member
And make your case.
I’m curious.

I don't think getting drunk is a good idea but Glaswegians traditionally get pussed by alternating pints of beer and "wee heavy" - a sort of powerful beer that can be up to 9% alcohol.

But rather than just getting drrrunk like a Glaswegian, I would recommend some nice things to try. Here are some of my favourite drinks, many of which are sadly still out of bounds for me, due to a heart arrhythmia that I have just had fixed, I hope.
- classic dry martini (2/3 London gin, 1/3 Noilly Prat, twist of lemon)
- single malt whisky, Bowmore (an Islay whisky but softer and less in-your-face than Laphroaig)
- calvados (a good digestif)
- yellow bird (2 parts white rum, 1 part each of Cointreau or triple sec, Galliano, lime juice, shaken with ice)
- 'ti punch (2 measures rum agricole, sugar cane syrup, crushed slices of half a lime, ice optional) N.B. rum agricole is NOT the same as Bacardi etc. With Bacardi it is no good at all. You can only get rum agricole in France and French-influenced overseas territories, e.g. Martinique, la Reunion. - which is where I discovered it, and later found it in French supermarkets. Classically the French set out the ingredients and propose that "chacun prepare sa propre mort" i.e. mix it yourself, to taste.
- most of time these days I just drink red or white wine with food at weekends, mostly French, some Italian (very fond of Langhe nebbiolo)

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Oooo when I was an alcoholic I'd just get a glass and fill it up with Crown Royal whiskey and drink it like water or chug it like beer. It's a cool party trick lol trips people out.
I used to do that with Bombay Sapphire.

I remember going to a bar and ordering just Bombay Sapphire. They put ice in it, to which I didn't object. However, I noticed by drink 4 I hadn't even caught a buzz, and demanded the bartended left out the ice, as I got the feeling they were watering it down. The bartender wasn't happy, but did as he was told, after asking if I was sure a couple times...

Yes, that was the problem. Got a buzz with the next one.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Best way to get drunk...

1684357260957.png

Disguise yourself as a glass of beer.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I don't think getting drunk is a good idea but Glaswegians traditionally get pussed by alternating pints of beer and "wee heavy" - a sort of powerful beer that can be up to 9% alcohol.

But rather than just getting drrrunk like a Glaswegian, I would recommend some nice things to try. Here are some of my favourite drinks, many of which are sadly still out of bounds for me, due to a heart arrhythmia that I have just had fixed, I hope.
- classic dry martini (2/3 London gin, 1/3 Noilly Prat, twist of lemon)
- single malt whisky, Bowmore (an Islay whisky but softer and less in-your-face than Laphroaig)
- calvados (a good digestif)
- yellow bird (2 parts white rum, 1 part each of Cointreau or triple sec, Galliano, lime juice, shaken with ice)
- 'ti punch (2 measures rum agricole, sugar cane syrup, crushed slices of half a lime, ice optional) N.B. rum agricole is NOT the same as Bacardi etc. With Bacardi it is no good at all. You can only get rum agricole in France and French-influenced overseas territories, e.g. Martinique, la Reunion. - which is where I discovered it, and later found it in French supermarkets. Classically the French set out the ingredients and propose that "chacun prepare sa propre mort" i.e. mix it yourself, to taste.
- most of time these days I just drink red or white wine with food at weekends, mostly French, some Italian (very fond of Langhe nebbiolo)

Rhum agricole.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Don't get so drunk that your heart tissue is affected. I suppose that probably allows for some drinking, but I do not know how much drinking. Once heart muscle tissue dies it never grows back. Hence getting very drunk probably does some permanent damage. The heart is a muscle which never repairs itself. Everything else in the body replaces its tissues with new cell growth but not the heart muscle. This happens to be why heart cancer is quite rare, but it is also why there are so many permanent heart problems.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Dirty Vodka Martini

3 parts Grey Goose vodka
1 part dry vermouth
1 part olive brine

Shaken in a cocktail shaker with ice, poured into a martini glass, and garnished with two bleu cheese stuffed Spanish queen olives.

My case? Tastes great, and if you're looking for the best way to get drunk it's: one martini, two martini, three martini, floor.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
And make your case.
I’m curious.

There's no "best way to get drunk."

Oh, and by the way, it took years of stupidity for me to learn that.

Nimos

And make your case.
I’m curious.

Gin and Tonic I think is the best drink other than that beer. But if my goal was to get drunk like at a party or something, then I prefer beers and rarely drinks, because it is too difficult to control I think :)

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I love trying new local beers. I enjoy dark brews: stouts and porters and dark ales with lots of roasty flavor.

I enjoy whisky, specifically Scotch. I have a Scotch for different seasons and occasions. My favorite whiskey currently is from a local Maine distillery called Fifty Stone. It's a single malt American Whiskey made from Maine barley smoked with local peat and seaweed.