• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Believers should not feel intimidated by so called experts on religion

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
In what language?

I am asking because I honestly don't know what you are referring to.
A sufi would never say "now I am an expert," other people may call them expert or master or so, but within the sufi the only aspect that is important is how to gain wisdom about letting go of self/ego and how to unite with God.

And it is through practice of the teaching.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
You must disagree with your fundamental Baha'i beliefs then because they are in plain contradiction of the essence of Buddhism. It's vaguely tedious to be repeating this for all eternity and beyond, but on this occasion I'm just waiting for my breakfast to be ready.

I do agree that one can sometimes wonder just how much a person has read. Take Buddhsim, as one example:
  • Pali Canon: modern printed editions of the Pali canon run to some fifty volumes
  • Chinese Canon: the Taishō edition of the Chinese Canon comprises fifty-five volumes, each containing some 1,000 pages of Chinese characters
  • Tibetan Canon (aka the Kanjur and Tenjur): comprises 300 traditional poti volumes
- Buddhist Canons

The spiritual teachings such as love, compassion and kindness don’t require reading every page of scripture to agree. The social laws etc and teachings of each religion differ with each religion but the spiritual virtues are eternal.

There is no contradiction between the virtues of each religion. So for example Muslims don’t eat pork but that is a law regarding diet not spiritual.

All the spiritual values I agree with but for this I age I believe that a new Buddha has arisen and given new laws for this age as the Buddha foretold.

firedragon

Veteran Member
A sufi would never say "now I am an expert," other people may call them expert or master or so, but within the sufi the only aspect that is important is how to gain wisdom about letting go of self/ego and how to unite with God.

And it is through practice of the teaching.

Aren't they called Maula?

firedragon

Veteran Member
The spiritual teachings such as love, compassion and kindness don’t require reading every page of scripture to agree. The social laws etc and teachings of each religion differ with each religion but the spiritual virtues are eternal.

There is no contradiction between the virtues of each religion. So for example Muslims don’t eat pork but that is a law regarding diet not spiritual.

All the spiritual values I agree with but for this I age I believe that a new Buddha has arisen and given new laws for this age as the Buddha foretold.

I saw that post you were responding to. I have no clue of the relevance between the post and your response.

Anyway, can you precisely tell me what is the Qur'anic teaching regarding "pork" as you said.

Thanks.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
I saw that post you were responding to. I have no clue of the relevance between the post and your response.

Anyway, can you precisely tell me what is the Qur'anic teaching regarding "pork" as you said.

Thanks.

As far as I know the eating of pork is forbidden in the Quran unless it’s absolutely necessary.

2:173

Verily he hath forbidden you to eat that which dieth of itself, and blood and swine's flesh, and that on which any other name but GOD'S hath been invocated. But he who is forced by necessity, not lusting, nor returning to transgress, it shall be no crime in him if he eat of those things, for GOD is gracious and merciful.

firedragon

Veteran Member
So? My teacher is refered to as Shaykh, what others do or call their teacher is not up to me to judge.

Words are just words.

Bro. I didnt mean to offend you. Do not get angry.

I am just telling you that throughout history Sufi leaders and scholars have been called Maula, which means master. Shaykh is an honorific type of term that everyone is called by. Sufi Shaykhs are called that purely by genealogy sometimes. And sometimes by their role in society. Maula is a term given to Sufi scholars and educated people. Sometimes even to Sufi philosophers.

I am not debating you.

Nevermind mate. Just leave it. Cheers.

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
A religious person who hold a personal belief in any religion or spiritual teaching, has no reason to feel intimidated by a socalled expert on religion....there is not one answer fits all when it comes to spiritual practice.

An expert has an opinion, thats all.
Let them have their opinion, and the best part, just leave them alone :)
They try to tell you "you don't know your own personal belief" :D that is hilerious.

Could you elaborate on what you mean by "expert" in this context? Do you mean somebody who is very knowledgeable about a religious tradition?
I think you can learn a lot from such people, though it much depends on their attitude, and yours.

MyM

Not only in Islam sis. Its inbred in all humans.

That's what I mean :) If i just say what I say it's not really nice to be pushy lol so I say in Islam, it says....that everyone meaning all creation...even the birds, the animals they all do their thikr to Allah. If you go outside like before maghrib or fajr time, you can hear the birds :) it's awesome

MyM

Definition of maula
: a recent convert to Islam especially : a non-Arab convert

Is this what you mean?

I don't think that is what he means. :) a mulla is just a religious leader of some sort :) and a shaykh is also referred to as a religious leader in Islam....but it is also meaning, one entitled like a prez or someone like that :)