• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Barbara Streisand....WTF !!!!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Please pardon my French in the thread's title, but this news item is just that astounding.

Barbra Streisand says Michael Jackson’s accusers were ‘thrilled to be there’ and his ‘sexual needs were his sexual needs’

Excerpted....
The legendary singer and actress said that Wade Robson and James Safechuck — whose allegations against the late King of Pop resurfaced in the recent documentary “Leaving Neverland" — “were thrilled to be there” and that what allegedly happened to them “didn’t kill them."

Streisand, 76, made the strange comments to British newspaper The Times in a piece out Friday, in which she also said that Jackson’s “sexual needs were his sexual needs.”

She says she “absolutely” believes the allegations of abuse by Robson and Safechuck, but puts more blame on their parents than The Gloved One.

“His sexual needs were his sexual needs, coming from whatever childhood he has or whatever DNA he has," Streisand told The Times. “You can say ‘molested,' but those children, as you heard say [grown-up Robson and Safechuck], they were thrilled to be there. They both married and they both have children, so it didn’t kill them.”

ecco

Veteran Member
Please pardon my French in the thread's title, but this news item is just that astounding.

Barbra Streisand says Michael Jackson’s accusers were ‘thrilled to be there’ and his ‘sexual needs were his sexual needs’

Excerpted....
The legendary singer and actress said that Wade Robson and James Safechuck — whose allegations against the late King of Pop resurfaced in the recent documentary “Leaving Neverland" — “were thrilled to be there” and that what allegedly happened to them “didn’t kill them."

Streisand, 76, made the strange comments to British newspaper The Times in a piece out Friday, in which she also said that Jackson’s “sexual needs were his sexual needs.”

She says she “absolutely” believes the allegations of abuse by Robson and Safechuck, but puts more blame on their parents than The Gloved One.

“His sexual needs were his sexual needs, coming from whatever childhood he has or whatever DNA he has," Streisand told The Times. “You can say ‘molested,' but those children, as you heard say [grown-up Robson and Safechuck], they were thrilled to be there. They both married and they both have children, so it didn’t kill them.”

This is a strange post coming from you. If I'm not mistaken, you have stated that you are not in favor of "political correctness".

Her comments clearly go outside the bounds of political correctness, but that doesn't necessarily make them wrong.

First and foremost, I too put the blame on the parents. Who, in their right minds, allows a ten-year-old to sleep over, unsupervised, in an adult's home? I'm sure the parents got some satisfaction bragging to their friends that they were friends of Michael Jackson.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
This is a strange post coming from you. If I'm not mistaken, you have stated that you are not in favor of "political correctness".

Her comments clearly go outside the bounds of political correctness, but that doesn't necessarily make them wrong.

First and foremost, I too put the blame on the parents. Who, in their right minds, allows a ten-year-old to sleep over, unsupervised, in an adult's home? I'm sure the parents got some satisfaction bragging to their friends that they were friends of Michael Jackson.

Seriously?? You okay with anyone defending a pedophile?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Excerpted....

:eek::eek:o_O:confused:o_O:confused:o_O

With friends like this who needs enemies?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Seriously?? You okay with anyone defending a pedophile?
When pedophilia is defended by a liberal icon,
traditional alliances might trump morality.

I never expected opposition to my posting this
news item. I figured that everyone of all political
stripes & religions would be horrified at her claims.
I've been called naive. Guess they're right.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

What liberals do claim they're open to just about everything.

PureX

Veteran Member

Excerpted....

And if Donald Trump had said these same things? ... Which is certainly not out of the realm of possibility.

The point being that these people live in a world so insulated by their own wealth and fame that they have no real sense of what others think and feel. The other point being that before you trip over yourself, in shock, keep in mind that a third of America's eligible voters would vote for Donald Trump again, in spite of his many denigrating references to women, and his obvious unconcern for sexual assault and abuse, poverty, and pretty much anything other than himself. You may even be one of those voters, who knows? But would you vote for "Babs" for president? How would that be any more outrageous than voting for Trump? At least Babs can sing. Trump can't even do that! :)

PureX

Veteran Member
You just exemplified "Revoltingest's Law"....
A discussion is fully derailed when Donald Trump makes an irrelevant appearance.
It's a thread about rich, famous, people saying outrageously stupid and insensitive things. And you posted it. So you eat it.

And we all know Babs is an icon for right-wing liberal-loathing, just as Trump is an icon for loathing on the left.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's a thread about....
....Barbara Streisand's comments.

I fixed your post.
There are many rich & famous people who don't defend child sexual abuse.
So it stands out when one does.
Why would you want to deflect from the issue of enabling the rape of children?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Excerpted....

I can't say that I've ever really cared much about what Barbra Streisand has to say about anything. Sure, she's a good singer, and I fancied a few of her hit singles back in the 70s. I remember the comedy What's Up Doc? which was hilarious. I think I've seen a few of her other movies, but I was never really much of a fan.

Same for Michael Jackson. Honestly, I always thought he was overrated - just a lot of hype. He wrote a few catchy tunes - and then he bought up the rights to all the Beatles' songs. He stood as a poster boy for everything wrong with the plasticization and money-grubbing in music and entertainment. I'm not sure exactly what he did to those kids, but since he's dead now, there's not much more that can be done for them to get justice.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I can't say that I've ever really cared much about what Barbra Streisand has to say about anything. Sure, she's a good singer, and I fancied a few of her hit singles back in the 70s. I remember the comedy What's Up Doc? which was hilarious. I think I've seen a few of her other movies, but I was never really much of a fan.

Same for Michael Jackson. Honestly, I always thought he was overrated - just a lot of hype. He wrote a few catchy tunes - and then he bought up the rights to all the Beatles' songs. He stood as a poster boy for everything wrong with the plasticization and money-grubbing in music and entertainment. I'm not sure exactly what he did to those kids, but since he's dead now, there's not much more that can be done for them to get justice.
I'm meh about famous musicians in general.
A price of fame is that when one speaks, it is widely heard.
And when speech is outrageous, it receives attention.
This struck me as particularly outrageous, but not political.
Boy howdy was I wrong about that.

pearl

I don't understand her comments to be defending MJ, but calling it like she saw it.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Revoltingest, you defended Donald Trump when he was accused of child molestation by his victim.......