• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baha'i - a lazy man's religion?

sealchan

This is not a provocation or a troll post despited the directness and possible ignorance in it.

But I dont believe the Baha'i faith is a real thing to do with religions - to me it's like the extreme right wing in politics. Filled with the people who can't make up their minds and wont shut up about the mind of someone else.

So tell me what does give the baha'i faith its .....value?

What is the purpose of it?

How could I not see it as pretentious and half hearted?

What is easier than going to a building once a week, sitting down on a hard bench and pretending to listen for an hour?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
What is easier than going to a building once a week, sitting down on a hard bench and pretending to listen for an hour?

My Aunt was notorious in our little farming community for falling asleep, at that. Uncle had to nudge her in the ribcage.

dianaiad

This is not a provocation or a troll post despited the directness and possible ignorance in it.

But I dont believe the Baha'i faith is a real thing to do with religions - to me it's like the extreme right wing in politics. Filled with the people who can't make up their minds and wont shut up about the mind of someone else.

I'm sorry.

This is not about Baha'i. It's about your comment regarding 'extreme right wing politics."

First, I'm a libertarian, slightly right leaning. There are quite a few things about 'extreme' right wing politics I don't agree with, but if there is one thing that is absolutely true, it's this: extreme right wingers have definite opinions.

From where I sit, the people who can't make up their minds are on the left.
The people who won't shut up about what others think and say are ALSO on the left.

It's not the 'right wing' that is doing it's level best to censor everybody.

.....and I'm incredibly tired of politically correct left wing liberals who decide that anybody who disagrees with them on any matter whatsoever is a practitioner of 'hate speech,' or 'stupid,' or....pick an insult.

Ok, end of comment on that.

(shrug) as I mentioned, I know absolutely nothing about the Baha'i faith, and am objecting to the insult...both to them and those who do not march to the 'I'm better than you, smarter than you, kinder than you and certainly more educated than you rednecks on the right" drum.

Riders

WHats the point of the thread? What does it have to dow ith you are you a member?

Riders

I don't much care for Abrahamic religion, in general.
But Bahai and UU and Reformed Judaism are the current best I know about. Because they all prioritize secular humanist values over the primitive ethics of their religious forebears.
Tom

I agree but I have spoken to a leader through the 2nd Life game of the religion and he did admit they teach homosexuality is wrong and evil. So i wish they were more accepting of Gays and lesbians, but I do believe they are Universal and I like the sayings as well.I know they take knowledge from different religions which is cool.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I agree but I have spoken to a leader through the 2nd Life game of the religion and he did admit they teach homosexuality is wrong and evil. So i wish they were more accepting of Gays and lesbians, but I do believe they are Universal and I like the sayings as well.I know they take knowledge from different religions which is cool.
Careful, second hand stuff is incomplete. Yes, homosexual acts are forbidden by Baha'i Law for Baha'is, Evil? I dont believe that is accurate, but the Baha'i Faith acknowledges all Gays have equal legal rights under secular law.

Riders

Careful, second hand stuff is incomplete. Yes, homosexual acts are forbidden by Baha'i Law for Baha'is, Evil? I dont believe that is accurate, but the Baha'i Faith acknowledges all Gays have equal legal rights under secular law.

OK thank you for the correction.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
It's almost starting to seem like if there are any Baha'is around they don't take themselves very seriously.
I thought you were just stabbing at the Baha'i Faith, and that your only response to anyone answering your questions would be more stabs. Now, seeing the first two threads you started, I'm thinking that there might have been some sincerity in your questions after all. I posted in another thread about some of the value I see in the Baha'i Faith: What good I see in the Baha’i Faith