• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baha'i - a lazy man's religion?

Anthem

This is not a provocation or a troll post despited the directness and possible ignorance in it.

But I dont believe the Baha'i faith is a real thing to do with religions - to me it's like the extreme right wing in politics. Filled with the people who can't make up their minds and wont shut up about the mind of someone else.

So tell me what does give the baha'i faith its .....value?

What is the purpose of it?

How could I not see it as pretentious and half hearted?

danieldemol

Premium Member
This is not a provocation or a troll post despited the directness and possible ignorance in it.

But I dont believe the Baha'i faith is a real thing to do with religions - to me it's like the extreme right wing in politics. Filled with the people who can't make up their minds and wont shut up about the mind of someone else.

I can’t answer all your questions, because some of them might relate to the type of things you value and the way you perceive things.
However it’s purpose according to Baha’u’llah, was to strengthen the bonds of love and unity amongst humanity.

Kind regards :)

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I'd say that "filled with the people who can't make up their minds and wont shut up about the mind of someone else" is par for the course for religion in general, and that Baha'is certainly aren't the worst offenders in that regard.

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
Nah you should check out Dudeism. that's the real lazy man's religion.

If I were to follow a religion, this would be it.

Dudeists of the World Unite! - Dudeism

Dudeist creedo: Come join the slowest-growing religion in the world – Dudeism. An ancient philosophy that preaches non-preachiness, practices as little as possible, and above all, uh…lost my train of thought there. Anyway, if you’d like to find peace on earth and goodwill, man, we’ll help you get started. Right after a little nap.

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
I'm official meow.

1537272327__785012296.jpg

Anthem

It's almost starting to seem like if there are any Baha'is around they don't take themselves very seriously.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

I do consider your negative approach and dirogatory statements and questions a provocation or a troll post

So tell me . . . should not be a problem for you to simply read Baha'i references that tell you what Baha'is believe and why.

It is difficult answering negative questions without having to dodge verbal IEDs in a minefield.

Last edited:

Anthem

I do consider your negative approach and dirogatory statements and questions a provocation or a troll post

So tell me . . . should not be a problem for you to simply read Baha'i references that tell you what Baha'is believe and why.

It is difficult answering negative questions without having to dodge verbal IEDs in a minefield.
I've read a little of the definition of the Baha'i faith and.... I have not enough faith in it to throw away more of my time. ...Unless of course some intelligent person of that group convinced me.

I don't care if it is difficult. If they only answered to easy questions on an easy way the whole path could hardly seem worth it(?).

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I've read a little of the definition of the Baha'i faith and.... I have not enough faith in it to throw away more of my time. ...Unless of course some intelligent person of that group convinced me.

I don't care if it is difficult. If they only answered to easy questions on an easy way the whole path could hardly seem worth it(?).

Jim's response seriously questioning the sincerity of your line of questioning is a winner.

Reading 'a little of the definition of the Baha'i Faith' is like reading two page pamphlet and saying I know the Bible.

Considering your negative attitude why bother with questions you could answer yourself. with a little effort reading.

I see it as pretentious and half hearted on your part with a hostile bias.

Last edited:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

If nothing else, the Bahai Faith is a good stepping stone for people willing to overcome the tribalistic excesses of certain theistic creeds.

It is not perfect by any means. But it is a step in the right direction.