• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Badran - Mod, anything you want to know about me?

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
LOL.

After watching the movie last evening, my wife asked... so WHAT was the capital of Assyria?

To which I answered, 'what do you mean? before Sennacherib's time or after?'

Hee hee :)

Drat, that goes beyond my knowledge, though. I thought I was being all clever by preparing to say "Ninevah." Just in case. Never know when trolls are around.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck would chuck wood?

You bring up a very interesting question. I must admit though that i can only offer my uneducated view on the matter. Here's my take on it for what its worth:

If a woodchuck would chuck wood, its wood chucking ability would be chucked up to how much wood chucking training it received from its woodchuck parents.

So, the woodchuck would chuck wood as much as it wanted to, and as far as its skill allows. In other words, it depends on the woodchuck.

That said, i don't think we should judge woodchucks based on how much wood they chuck. After all, a woodchuck would only chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

IsmailaGodHasHeard

you bring up a very interesting question. I must admit though that i can only offer my uneducated view on the matter. Here's my take on it for what its worth:

If a woodchuck would chuck wood, its wood chucking ability would be chucked up to how much wood chucking training it received from its woodchuck parents.

So, the woodchuck would chuck wood as much as it wanted to, and as far as its skill allows. In other words, it depends on the woodchuck.

That said, i don't think we should judge woodchucks based on how much wood they chuck. After all, a woodchuck would only chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

rotflmao!

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How about a serious question, how is life in Egypt right now? How has daily life changed for you recently?

Recently and for a while now its actually more like back to normal. The changes in daily life were earlier on. Most of what goes on now has no effect on my daily life.

Generally though, the change that i can think of that remained is the interest in politics. People now are of course more interested and active than before.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Recently and for a while now its actually more like back to normal. The changes in daily life were earlier on. Most of what goes on now has no effect on my daily life.

Generally though, the change that i can think of that remained is the interest in politics. People now are of course more interested and active than before.
That sounds like a change for the better. I worry that ultimately apathy will be our downfall, so I tend to be pleased when I see active interest.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I see you are from Egypt. When did you become an apostate?

Not necessarily how i'd describe myself.

I 'officially' stopped identifying as a Muslim about 5 or 6 months ago, and there was a transition going on for a while before that.

Pastek

Sunni muslim
Which arabic dialects you don't understand ?

What is you favorite egyptian movie ?

Which language would you like to learn ?

I 'officially' stopped identifying as a Muslim about 5 or 6 months ago, and there was a transition going on for a while before that.
Did you have had bad comments by some of your friends or family members ?

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Which arabic dialects you don't understand ?

There are so many that i haven't actually heard all of them spoken. From those i did hear, the ones i really struggle with are Algerian, Moroccan, Sudanese, and Nubi Arabic. There are probably more, but those are the one's i recall right now.

My lack of understanding with those ranges from understanding with difficulty to complete oblivion.

What is you favorite egyptian movie ?

I don't have any one favorite movie in general, Egyptian or otherwise. But if i had to choose one from Egyptian movies, then it'd most likely be one of those for an actor named Fouad el-Mohandes.

Which language would you like to learn ?

So many. Japanese, German, Turkish, Hebrew and Spanish are first to come to mind.

Did you have had bad comments by some of your friends or family members ?

For my parents it was a pretty serious shock, so there were a couple of negative comments but for the most part they handled it alright. They kind of surprised me actually. My sister handled it even better. I helped by making the news come in a gradual way.

My friends are people i selected over the years from a much larger group of friends that i used to have and they are the people i'm most comfortable with. All of us share similar mentalities at least in some basics, so there was nothing negative there. Positive conversations actually, and of course plenty of jokes about the matter.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Your religion is listedas "none", but that doesn't mean you're nota pagan or something, anything else to your 'religion' label that would be of interest?

p.s. sorry if you already answered this

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why did you stop self-identifying as a Muslim?

The short answer is that what the religion once offered me was no longer the same. It was no longer sufficient; it didn't anymore answer my questions or offer what i perceive as an over-all accurate or detailed enough of a proposal. Once i perceived a couple of areas with too much of a simplistic approach and a couple of contradictions a gradual dis-attachment went on that ended with me officially stopping to identify with the religion in anyway.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Your religion is listedas "none", but that doesn't mean you're nota pagan or something, anything else to your 'religion' label that would be of interest?

p.s. sorry if you already answered this

Not that i'm aware of, and very unlikely. I don't have a whole lot of beliefs right now, not even much of a philosophy. For the most part, besides a few standards and emotions i rely upon, this is a time where i'm mostly filled with questions more than anything else.

I might have some beliefs though which would be shared by some religions, but i don't think i have enough in common with any one religion so as i'd identify by it. Neither do i think that these beliefs would even be among the fundamental ones to any religion i'm aware of.

I'm interested into religious ideas and religious related things in general though, to different extents and for different reasons.