• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Badran - Mod, anything you want to know about me?

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm glad you started this thread, Badran; I thought of doing the same. :)

I'll think of some questions for you too; glad we're on the mod team together.

What is your field of work/study?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I've mastered both.
Raw and hard on the teeth.
Boxers.
I can't say just one, i hope you can accept two. Homer & Willie.
Anything that is eatable or almost eatable. But preferably something called "Mahshi", which is basically certain vegetables stuffed with a certain mixture of rice and other things.
How did i do?
Not only are you courageous, but you show good judgment too.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I just realized Madhuri already asked you that. Oops. xD

I don't mind.

Nice! Why did you choose to have your nickname as your last name?

I like it and thought it would be a cool nickname. As i thought it wouldn't make sense anyway to most people here, but still doesn't look strange or hard to read at all.

Wulaa! Why isn't Lebanon on that list? It's only an hour and a half away. Badnan shoofak win'allim masri! (i.e. dude, come visit so you can waste your time teaching me Egyptian phrases that make no sense to me. :D)

:D Well i only said i was giving an example, but of course Lebanon is on my list. Lebanon is known for at least three qualities here in Egypt. Great food, great landscape or views, and beautiful women with great attitudes.

croak

Trickster
I like it and thought it would be a cool nickname. As i thought it wouldn't make sense anyway to most people here, but still doesn't look strange or hard to read at all.
I agree.

:D Well i only said i was giving an example, but of course Lebanon is on my list. Lebanon is known for at least three qualities here in Egypt. Great food, great landscape or views, and beautiful women with great attitudes.
I'm curious what you mean by 'great attitudes'. :D The rest checks out about right.

If I visit Egypt again in the future, are there any places in Cairo I should visit? I recall visiting the souk, but that's about it. Oh, and a theatre. But yeah, I don't recall much else.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm curious what you mean by 'great attitudes'. :D

Probably not what you had in mind :D

What i mean by it is that they seem more fun than Egyptians.

If I visit Egypt again in the future, are there any places in Cairo I should visit? I recall visiting the souk, but that's about it. Oh, and a theatre. But yeah, I don't recall much else.

Well you should visit for example the areas that view the Nile, its an attraction so aside from the view, its pretty cool areas to hang around in general.

croak

Trickster
Probably not what you had in mind :D

What i mean by it is that they seem more fun than Egyptians.
Aha! Now I get it. ;)

Well you should visit for example the areas that view the Nile, its an attraction so aside from the view, its pretty cool areas to hang around in general.
You reminded me! I was actually on a boat with a restaurant on the Nile. Rather nice. They had some whirling dervishes on there. And how could I forget visiting the museum? Eh. Any restaurants and dishes you'd recommend? :p

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Aha! Now I get it. ;)

You sure?

That wink gives me a bad feeling.

You reminded me! I was actually on a boat with a restaurant on the Nile. Rather nice. They had some whirling dervishes on there. And how could I forget visiting the museum? Eh. Any restaurants and dishes you'd recommend? :p

Our food wouldn't compete with yours anyway.

croak

Trickster
You sure?

That wink gives me a bad feeling.
I felt like using it for that reason. :p

I guess Lebanese girls party more? Other than that, I don't know how different they'd be.

Our food wouldn't compete with yours anyway.
Why thank you. :D I remember my dad ordering a bunch of shawarmas... and getting these giant sandwiches. They're hand-sized here, usually.

Can you give us an example of an Egyptian saying?

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I felt like using it for that reason. :p

I hate that wink, its the worst smiley there is.

People abuse it. You could post anything and stick it next to it and feel you've just said something smart.

I guess Lebanese girls party more? Other than that, I don't know how different they'd be.

Well, we could be wrong but thats an impression we have, that they're more fun. That you would enjoy spending time with them more.

Of course not all of them, neither are all Egyptian girls boring. But the more common i mean.

Why thank you. :D I remember my dad ordering a bunch of shawarmas... and getting these giant sandwiches. They're hand-sized here, usually.

Can you give us an example of an Egyptian saying?

Here's a couple:

"If your friend is like honey, don't lick all of it"

"Stretch your legs as far as your blanket goes"

croak

Trickster
I hate that wink, its the worst smiley there is.

People abuse it. You could post anything and stick it next to it and feel you've just said something smart.
Are you saying I'm not smart? :p Personally, I think :rolleyes: is more abused.

Well, we could be wrong but thats an impression we have, that they're more fun. That you would enjoy spending time with them more.

Of course not all of them, neither are all Egyptian girls boring. But the more common i mean.
Fair enough.

Here's a couple:

"If your friend is like honey, don't lick all of it"

"Stretch your legs as far as your blanket goes"
Awesome. :D

lunakilo

Didn't you resently change your avatar?
Why?

Also, Is Egypt still standing after the resent events?
Is it better or worse to be egyptian now?