• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bad Cops In The News

averageJOE

zombie
I have 11 years of riot control experience with the Army National Guard military police. And we worked right along side different law enforcement entities. Undercover cops in protests are there for two reasons; look for leaders of the protest, and intentionally rile up the protesters to get them to behave in a way that will allow riot police to respond. They do things like get fake arrested with a gun so the media can report "Armed protesters", undercovers will fake fight with each other so onlookers try to break them up that way police can move in. They will even do things like throw things at the riot control line in order to get everyone else to feel brave enough to do it as well.

It's a disgraceful tactic.

So I don't feel bad that this undercover, who most likely went too far, got beat up by thug cops. This is only on the news because one of the victims of these thug cops happened to be another cop. All the other victims who were brutalized by these thugs (don't for a second think that undercover was the ONLY one they beat up) will never see justice. Real justice will be prosecuting these thug cops and banning the tactic of undercovers as protesters.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
And the PD hasn't charged him for animal abuse! Disgusting how cops are above the law.

...I believe that if I shot someone's dog like that, I would be arrested.
A private citizen shoots a dog in the jaw.....immediate arrest & prosecution.
A cop shoots a dog in the jaw... merely fired or perhaps a paid vacation.

Who polices the police?

Cooky

Veteran Member
You know, as a licensed crane operator, if I were to tip a crane, and kill someone, I would be charged for all deaths and property damage and would serve prison time. That's a fact that all licensed crane operators with NCCO cards are aware of, and it serves to make us aware of the responsibilities involved in our profession.

Cops MUST be held to the same accountability! We should strive for equal accountability.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You know, as a licensed crane operator, if I were to tip a crane, and kill someone, I would be charged for all deaths and property damage and would serve prison time. That's a fact that all licensed crane operators with NCCO cards are aware of, and it serves to make us aware of the responsibilities involved in our profession.

Cops MUST be held to the same accountability! We should strive for equal accountability.
This is because of a different attitude about the profession.
Crane operators are required to observe good practices at
all times. Mistakes in judgement are no excuse for failure.
(I know & have worked with riggers.)

Now, for your enjoyment, some cringeworthy videos.
(In the first one, you can see obviously improperly supported ramps.)

Cooky

Veteran Member
This is because of a different attitude about the profession.
Crane operators are required to observe good practices at
all times. Mistakes in judgement are no excuse for failure.
(I know & have worked with riggers.)

Now, for your enjoyment, some cringeworthy videos.
(In the first one, you can see obviously improperly supported ramps.)

I actually worked under this exact skycrane (Erickson), assembling towers in San Diego county. It was built, I believe in 1974, and is the last of it's kind, as they no longer build them. You literally have to wear goggles underneath it because it creates a sandstorm. It takes two pilots to fly it.

Cooky

Veteran Member
The following video is an example of the type of work I do for a living. I've actually done these things many times. I've actually flown standing on the skid of that yellow helicopter too.

Everyone is always accountable for their actions in high stress situations.

Last edited by a moderator:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The following video is an example of the type of work I do for a living. I've actually done these things many times. I've actually flown standing on the skid of that yellow helicopter too.

Everyone is always accountable for their actions in high stress situations.
Dang, I'm not manly enuf to ever do anything like that.
Hey, did that annoying music play while you worked?

Cooky

Veteran Member
Dang, I'm not manly enuf to ever do anything like that.
Hey, did that annoying music play while you worked?

No, but when I first started doing it, and got down I felt like an invincible human being. I felt like like I could just blow a red-light whenever I decided it was safe, or do whatever I want... But then I grew up. So I'm familiar with that *feeling* the cops have when they think they are above the rest. That feeling of invincibility...

But nobody can have that. Not even cops.

Watchmen

Premium Member
Every cop I know has had stellar integrity and has been a pillar of the community. They have been wonderful mothers and fathers who raise good children who will further contribute to the success of the community.

Are there bad cops? Of course. But I dare say (even in this media-fed, cop hating environment) the good cops FAR outnumber the bad.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Every cop I know has had stellar integrity and has been a pillar of the community. They have been wonderful mothers and fathers who raise good children who will further contribute to the success of the community.

Are there bad cops? Of course. But I dare say (even in this media-fed, cop hating environment) the good cops FAR outnumber the bad.

Do you think the cop who shot the chihuahua in the face deserves jail time for animal cruelty?

Watchmen

Premium Member

It’s extremely unlikely that criminal charges would be brought against you. Civil complaints? Yes. Criminal? Unlikely.

Curious George

Veteran Member
Every cop I know...
I call B.S.

This is true. Good cops do outnumber the bad. However, we are not talking about a few bad apples. We are talking about a significant number of police officers across the country at every level of law enforcement.

Cooky

Veteran Member
It’s extremely unlikely that criminal charges would be brought against you. Civil complaints? Yes. Criminal? Unlikely.

You're wrong. If I tipped a crane over someone's house, and killed people inside, I would go to jail.

(And yes, we're running cranes over houses daily)

Last edited by a moderator:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

I've known one bad one.
(He beat & threatened his girlfriend.
And he drove drunk with impunity.)
And he said he worked with some bad ones.
(They liked to dispense summary justice, ie, beat people up.)
He worked in Flint, MI.

I agree that most are good.
But the number of bad ones means that one should avoid & be very careful around them.
Too many people I know have been attacked, molested, harassed & threatened by them.
(Most are white, btw.)

Problems with cops are highly context dependent.
If one knows them in social settings, one might not know what they're like on the job.

Cooky

Veteran Member
I’m not aware of that story. But if a person committed a crime they should be charged and have a trial.

So I can go shoot my neighbors dog in the face, and not expect to be arrested? They'll just send me a letter on when to show up for trial?

Cooky

Veteran Member
I've known one bad one.
(He beat & threatened his girlfriend.
And he drove drunk with impunity.)
And he said he worked with some bad ones.
(They liked to dispense summary justice, ie, beat people up.)
He worked in Flint, MI.

I agree that most are good.
But the number of bad ones means that one should avoid & be very careful around them.
Too many people I know have been attacked, molested, harassed & threatened by them.
(Most are white, btw.)

Not to mention my wife's grandfather who beat his kids daily and lived a double life having another family on the side.