• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bad Cops In The News

Cooky

Veteran Member
In fact, all the racial tensions we face in this country today lay on the back of corrupt policemen. They caused it all..! from Rodney King to kneeling during the national anthem!

...Thanks a lot police!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This is how British cops and our legal system occupy their time -

It's a de facto to be rude to a cop.
There are always laws they can use to pretend violation, eg, disturbing
the police, swearing in the presence of a woman or child (MI law).
What it boils down to is that they're better than you, more powerful than
you, & can f*** with you with impunity.

Watchmen

Premium Member
I call B.S.

This is true. Good cops do outnumber the bad. However, we are not talking about a few bad apples. We are talking about a significant number of police officers across the country at every level of law enforcement.
Why do you call BS? You don’t even know me.

In any event, you have no proof that there are “significant numbers” of bad cops. You and the fake news just made that at to promote your own fear mongering agendas.

Watchmen

Premium Member
If one knows them in social settings, one might not know what they're like on the job.

That could be true of any person regardless of profession. From my experience, people who exhibit integrity and good values in social settings most often do so professionally as well.

Curious George

Veteran Member
Why do you call BS? You don’t even know me.
Because I have known enough police officers to know that either you haven't met very many, (which I doubt), or you are selectively remembering the ones you have.
In any event, you have no proof that there are “significant numbers” of bad cops. You and the fake news just made that at to promote your own fear mongering agendas.
Sure I do:

The Henry A. Wallace Police Crime Database

Watchmen

Premium Member
Because I have known enough police officers to know that either you haven't met very many, (which I doubt), or you are selectively remembering the ones you have.

Oh, so your personal experience dictates my personal experience? Get a life.

Curious George

Veteran Member
Oh, so your personal experience dictates my personal experience? Get a life.
No, but it is hard for me to imagine something so contrary to my personal experience. Hence, why I call B.S. I also would call B.S. if you told me you had never met a good or decent cop. Wouldn't you think someone was distorting the facts if they had said they had never met a decent or good police officer?

Watchmen

Premium Member
No, but it is hard for me to imagine something so contrary to my personal experience. Hence, why I call B.S. I also would call B.S. if you told me you had never met a good or decent cop. Wouldn't you think someone was distorting the facts if they had said they had never met a decent or good police officer?
Well, it’s my own experience and I don’t really care if it’s contrary to your own. Maybe something about you attracts the bad ones.

averageJOE

zombie
Define a "good cop" and a "bad cop".

Curious George

Veteran Member
Define a "good cop" and a "bad cop".
I guess I walked i to that one...
Good cop- someone who is morally upright, follows procedures, respects the rule of law and the constitution, is well trained.

Bad cop- a cop who acts with dishonesty in the profession, unecessarily causes harm, over steps the rule of law, is poorly trained, unreasonably takes advantage of his/her position of power or supports another officer who acts in this fashion

*note these are not exhaustive lists

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That could be true of any person regardless of profession. From my experience, people who exhibit integrity and good values in social settings most often do so professionally as well.
Aye, I'll bet that Bernie Madoff was a sweetheart at parties.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Cops who can't be trusted with guns....by their own department?
https://nypost.com/2019/01/07/4-cop...pped-of-guns-so-they-wouldnt-kill-each-other/
This love triangle has four corners — and four police badges!

An NYPD sergeant cheated on his cop girlfriend with a fellow officer, whose husband is also on the job — and the bosses took away everyone’s guns so they wouldn’t kill each other, sources told The Post on Monday.

Sgt. Kandou Worley, 40, and Officer Stephanie Gallardo, 33, were both assigned to the department’s Strategic Response Group when they had their fling last year, according to an internal NYPD document.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
SF cop suspended for racist texts pleads guilty to bank robbery
A San Francisco police officer suspended four years ago for sending racist and homophobic text messages to other officers pleaded guilty Thursday to robbing two city banks last year, officials said.

Rain Daugherty, 44, pleaded guilty in federal court to two counts of bank robbery as part of a negotiated deal with prosecutors, according the the U.S. Attorney’s Office.

Daugherty was indicted on Jan. 10 for the Nov. 29 robbery at the East West Bank on Irving Street in Sunset District and the Dec. 13 robbery at the Cathay Bank on Clement Street in the Richmond District. In both robberies he handed the teller a note demanding money.

He was arrested on Dec. 18 and faced two bank robbery charges for each incident, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office. Daugherty agreed to plead guilty to two of the charges in exchange for prosecutors dropping the remaining two charges, officials said.