• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Babies Born Racist?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Most things come down to opinion not proof. My opinions are based on my own objective consideration of all the evidence and argumentation.

In other words, it's just your subjective opinion and reliance on stereotypes. If what you said were true, there would be scientific studies to back it up, such as from anatomical and physical anthropology studies.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
No. There are only objective facts. "Objective opinion" is an oxymoron.

I looked up objective in the dictionary per your request:

a : expressing or dealing with facts or conditions as perceived without distortion by personal feelings, prejudices, or interpretations <objective art> <an objective history of the war> <an objective judgment>

We can also call my objective opinion my 'objective judgement' by the dictionary if you prefer.

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I looked up objective in the dictionary per your request:

a : expressing or dealing with facts or conditions as perceived without distortion by personal feelings, prejudices, or interpretations <objective art> <an objective history of the war> <an objective judgment>

We can also call my objective opinion my 'objective judgement' by the dictionary if you prefer.

So where's your facts to back up your opinion?

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Babies playing with others who look like them is not racism.
Some people actually think it is. :shrug:
Then again, some people seem to interpret racism to the point where it becomes impossible to not be racist. Others interpret it so it can only be the majority who do it, which is why some people actually believe things like only 'whites' can be racist. (I thought it was just a joke. Boy, was I wrong!)

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Then I'm content to be a racist in your mind.

For you the real reason why black people are overly represented in Basketball and Football. It is rather simple

Big Money
Both Basketball and Football are crazy money machines on the pro level but they are also crazy money machines on the college level. No other college sports generate as much revenue. Colleges require a constant level of talent and in today's market talent is not born but made.

I have been a sports fan since the 70's. If you take any of those greats and drop them into today's leagues they would be embarassed. There are not enough generations to say that evolution did this. It is all caused by sports advancements in various fields. It not enough today to be talented but you have to be groomed.

If you have 10 talented players at 10 years old, how many are still talented at 18. How do you create a good supply of talented players with limited funds and time. Poor people generally have lots of kids and respond to monetary improvement. If they invest in poor kids they can create a supply of talent. States and Federal governments give them breaks if they invest in poor people. The public likes them if they invest in poor people. They feel good about themselves helping poor people. They are located in Big Cities which have large groups of poor people. This is a win/win for everybody.

So you have inner city youth camps, inner city competitions these are to identify the best investments. You then have training camps offered by the college's and pro's which specialize in developing the youth, an yes they offer breaks and free passes to the poor. You have scholarships and grants for the poor to go to college.

Which of your so called races makes up the bulk of the poor in the US and especially the big US cities.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe it is just that people are being born that at 250 lbs can run a 40 yard dash in 4.5 seconds. It could actually be that people are born looking better than the statues of the Greek Hero's.

Blacks have one thing in common. It is harder for them to make a place for themselves in life because of a stupid belief in race. This tends to make most of them poor. This is the only statistical fact that can actually be proven from race.

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Several years ago in Scientific American there was on article that didn't deal with racism but which has some implications for that. What they found is that babies tend to be more attracted to people that are most similar to what their parents look and sound like and more repelled by people who look and sound differently than their parents.

It is believed at least by some researchers that this may be a survival response whereas, in the distant past, there was a fear of people and animals that were different than what they're used to so they could hide or run.

George-ananda

Premium Member
For you the real reason why black people are overly represented in Basketball and Football. It is rather simple

Big Money

If you are satisfied with that explanation then 'have at it'.

To me it sounds like a desperate attempt to explain away the obvious.

George-ananda

Premium Member
Scientifically proven across all the different countries that black americans come from? Sorry I asked, have a nice day.

African-Americans are now different than African-Africans. They are only 80% African and 20% White. During the slave trade the physically strongest were preferred; cruel but true.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
African-Americans are now different than African-Africans. They are only 80% African and 20% White. During the slave trade the physically strongest were preferred; cruel but true.

Please stop, at first I only thought you a harmless accidental racist that I could help. You are quickly changing my view.

George-ananda

Premium Member
Please stop, at first I only thought you a harmless accidental racist that I could help. You are quickly changing my view.

Here's from eyewitness to history.com where actual eyewitnesses describe history.

When the Negroes, whom the black traders have to dispose of, are shown to the European purchasers, they first examine them rela*tive to their age. They then minutely inspect their persons, and inquire into the state of their health, if they are afflicted with any infirmity, or are deformed, or have bad eyes or teeth; if they are lame, or weak in their joints, or distorted in the back, or of a slender make, or are narrow in the chest; in short, if they have been, or are afflicted in any manner, so as to render them incapable of much labor; if any of the foregoing defects are discovered in them, they are rejected. But if approved of, they are generally taken on board the ship the same evening. The purchaser has liberty to return on the following morning, but not afterwards, such as upon re-examination are found exceptionable.

You may have underestimated the cruelty and shrewdness of the European purchasers.