• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Australia's First Female Prime Minister

emiliano

The worth think that could happen to our country, this woman was a failure as a minister for education. Add to the issues the fact that she was not elected by the people of Australia, for those of us that voted for Rudd is very disappointing to see that the so called party machine has overruled the will of the people.
The Labor party will loose. As voter want a united party in government, backstabber are not liked here they want to elect ministers with demonstrated skills, as a minister she proved to have none of that, anyways we won’t have to wait too long to found out

Tiapan

Grumpy Old Man
I think she is a top person for the job. Her intellect is an order of magnitude above any of the opposition. She works well collaboratively. As a teacher I believe she is doing the right thing setting standards and NAPLAN etc. Her main advantage over her predecessor is her ability to delegate. She is far less autocratic, and has a high degree of common sense. Well done Julia.

Unmarried, atheist redhead born in Wales, UK, PM who lives with her boyfriend sounds fine to me.

A good day for redheads

We should dismantle the states have a single federal government and larger district councils.

Cheers

Last edited:

Panda

42?
Premium Member
The worth think that could happen to our country, this woman was a failure as a minister for education. Add to the issues the fact that she was not elected by the people of Australia, for those of us that voted for Rudd is very disappointing to see that the so called party machine has overruled the will of the people.
The Labor party will loose. As voter want a united party in government, backstabber are not liked here they want to elect ministers with demonstrated skills, as a minister she proved to have none of that, anyways we won’t have to wait too long to found out

Australia is not a presidential system you do not vote for a Prime Minister you vote for a party and the party chooses who leads it.

emiliano

Australia is not a presidential system you do not vote for a Prime Minister you vote for a party and the party chooses who leads it.

We vote for a party that already have elected a leader, we know in advance who we want for PM.
This person is failure plus she is responsible for the most embarrassing **** ups of the governments education programme. Anyways she is a liability to the party, she was and continue been one.

Last edited:

Peacewise

She's a Labour PM, if she sits and scratches her bra strap all day long, she'll do a better job than the liberals.

Forever more it will be known that the First female prime minister of australia was a labour candidate.

I hope that she doesn't work her staff as hard as Kevin did, I got the impression he was a slave driver and this probably assisted in his demise.

Smoke

Done here.
Gillard is no better than Rudd on LGBT equality, but it's hard to see how she could fail to be better than Rudd in at least some respects.

emiliano

Gillard is no better than Rudd on LGBT equality, but it's hard to see how she could fail to be better than Rudd in at least some respects.

The opinion of Australians on MS Guilard is starting to show, a few days after her political coup and is no good. The Liberals are already leading the opinion pools.
It looks that I was right thinking that the party machine got it all wrong, just wait and watch how the Liberal are going to make mince meat out of her the Australian people like the Americans won’t elect an atheist so chopping the head off Rudd won’t work.
Besides the issue of LGBT equality is not even considered.

MissAlice

Wow first woman?

Guess it will take the U.S. much much longer to have some woman in power who isn't as dumb as Sarah Palin.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I have to admit though, in international politics its not new. several nations have had female leaders, my nation had a woman PM back in the 70s.