• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Attacked by woman on the street.

Mitty

If a nurse who in Norway are asked to recommend usage of face mask get this bad because of stress on her job, I not sure she would last long in nursing job.
Obviously she was just pretending to be a nurse unless she showed you her professional credentials.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
And hopefully you'll be able to keep your death toll under 50 deaths per million people and we'll be able to keep our's under 11 deaths per million people, compared to Sweden at 571 deaths per million and New Jersey at 1793 deaths per million and New York at 1687 per million.
In the numbers is

Have or had covid 19 = 9444 people
In hospital right now = 14 people
Death by covid-19 = 256

Population here is 5,4 million people

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
That's assuming a lot. There's still no proof the masks are that useful. They must be sick of being forced to lie..
I use mask for more then covid 19 reason.
I have asthma, I am allergic to road dust and house dust. So my need for a mask is different.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I am not mad at her for attacking, but wonder why some very few people get that mad when all I do is to protect my self and others by using the mask.

I thought about this for a little bit. I think it's a knee jerk reaction to all the issues going on with the pandemic political and otherwise. I wish it was just "wear a mask for others" type of thing but it's just more complicated than that. I understand her sentiment but there are other ways to deal with frustration (when one is in touch with their feelings) than put it on other people. But stomping on your mask.... that sounds more like childlike behavior to be honest.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm glad you're alright and that she's getting the help she needs. It's a wacky time we're living in right now. Stay safe.

SLPCCC

I don't understand why some people put a face mask when they're alone in their car; isn't that like putting a condom when you're alone in bed?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
There's still no proof the masks are that useful.

Perfect proof by having people who are sick see if others catch it more and worse wearing a mask? No one is going to suggest that.

Proof by seeing that the spread of droplets in number and distance is much lessened and therefore it's logical to assume that less virus means lower chance of catching it. Yes, that has been repeatedly done.

That's proof enough for me.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I swear this pandemic has brought out the “Karen’s” en masse.
I was dismayed to witness a lady chastise a check out cashier for not wearing gloves the other day. Like it’s good to worry about sanitary practices but kindly don’t bully a teen just trying to do their job!
The manager stepped in to remind the lady that since they’re handling multiple items at a time, it’s much more sanitary to rely on sanitiser instead. And that they were following government orders.
The poor girl was like 15 at best and was clearly upset. I snuck her a Mars bar as I went through.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I do not know if this is the right area to post, so please move it if it's wrong thread area. :)

Today I was attacked by a woman just after I got off the bus. Her reason for attacking me. I wear a facemask.

She claimed to be a nurse, and she screamed at me how stupid I am for wearing a facemask.....
So I stood there silent, waiting for her to be finish with her rant about me, my mask and how brainwashed I am :confused:

So she got more and more angry when I kept silent. And suddenly without warning she hit me in my stomach and in my face, ripping my facemask off me, and stomped on it :facepalm:
I picked it up, put it in my pocket, and pulled out a new mask and put it on.

Then I said, it is totally ok you have your opinion, but I have my own reason for wearing mask.
She got so mad she creamed so loud that other people come to take her away.

Poor lady. I wish her well, and hope she do not get sick.
It sounds freakish. And she said she is a nurse? Somethin' ain't right here. I'm glad you wear a mask, so do I. I keep it in my pocket and put it on when I enter a store, and I keep it on. I am so sorry you came across this maniac.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
It sounds freakish. And she said she is a nurse? Somethin' ain't right here. I'm glad you wear a mask, so do I. I keep it in my pocket and put it on when I enter a store, and I keep it on. I am so sorry you came across this maniac.
It is all well now :) have no pain from her hitting me :) and am pleased she rreceive the help she need. I found out this morning that no she isn't a nurse :) she faked it :) but mentally ill yes she is.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Well I'm glad no serious damage done, Amanaki, not a pleasant experience. This virus certainly has produced more than the usual divide amongst those more likely to take sides - with the no-maskers generally siding with the effects on the economy and personal freedom, and perhaps some being as judgmental as those who get more paranoid towards those not seemingly taking precautions. We've had examples of both here in the UK and elsewhere, when it is just not clear-cut as to the benefits of masks, but where most of us mask-wearers (for me only where necessary) seem to take the approach that it is unlikely to be harmful and probably helps lessen the spread, and also that the damage to the economy and the deaths would be as great or greater if we didn't wear masks. Only time will probably tell as to which society got it right - but even then excuses will no doubt surface to explain such.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I do not know if this is the right area to post, so please move it if it's wrong thread area. :)

Today I was attacked by a woman just after I got off the bus. Her reason for attacking me. I wear a facemask.

She claimed to be a nurse, and she screamed at me how stupid I am for wearing a facemask.....
So I stood there silent, waiting for her to be finish with her rant about me, my mask and how brainwashed I am :confused:

So she got more and more angry when I kept silent. And suddenly without warning she hit me in my stomach and in my face, ripping my facemask off me, and stomped on it :facepalm:

Then I said, it is totally ok you have your opinion, but I have my own reason for wearing mask.

Poor lady. I wish her well, and hope she do not get sick.
Those crazy females.....

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV

What she did proves she has no respect for the opinion of others
(which can be proven easily ... did she already appologize to you?)

Good, that you gave her a hint about "importance to allow others to have their opinions"
(and that it goes both ways; some are not smart enough to figure this out themselves)

Understandable she freaked out, when you gave this hint
Because "such people" really can't handle the Truth