• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Attacked by woman on the street.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I believe that some of the very aggressive responses that we've seen lately against a person taking precautions boils down to, she saw you as a threat. Not to her physical being, but her view of the world, and how it's working. You violated her impression of what should happen and how the world should look, so she attacked, unfortunately.

I have noticed an entitlement attitude(for lack of a better term)in many regarding this pandemic. We are being denied access to a life some of us thought was guaranteed: one without masks, with diseases easily fixed, economic prosperity, etc. Well, guess what. Things are unstable, and the life so many thought was smooth sailing suddenly isn't. Some people can't handle it, and it's coming out in real ugliness.

I am glad she got the help she needed, and I am glad you are okay(and real impressed with your response).

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I do not know if this is the right area to post, so please move it if it's wrong thread area. :)

Today I was attacked by a woman just after I got off the bus. Her reason for attacking me. I wear a facemask.

She claimed to be a nurse, and she screamed at me how stupid I am for wearing a facemask.....
So I stood there silent, waiting for her to be finish with her rant about me, my mask and how brainwashed I am :confused:

So she got more and more angry when I kept silent. And suddenly without warning she hit me in my stomach and in my face, ripping my facemask off me, and stomped on it :facepalm:
I picked it up, put it in my pocket, and pulled out a new mask and put it on.

Then I said, it is totally ok you have your opinion, but I have my own reason for wearing mask.
She got so mad she creamed so loud that other people come to take her away.

Poor lady. I wish her well, and hope she do not get sick.
Not long ago I saw nurses shopping who wore them and nurses who didn't.

This nurse you encountered was a naughty nurse.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I believe that some of the very aggressive responses that we've seen lately against a person taking precautions boils down to, she saw you as a threat. Not to her physical being, but her view of the world, and how it's working. You violated her impression of what should happen and how the world should look, so she attacked, unfortunately.

I have noticed an entitlement attitude(for lack of a better term)in many regarding this pandemic. We are being denied access to a life some of us thought was guaranteed: one without masks, with diseases easily fixed, economic prosperity, etc. Well, guess what. Things are unstable, and the life so many thought was smooth sailing suddenly isn't. Some people can't handle it, and it's coming out in real ugliness.

I am glad she got the help she needed, and I am glad you are okay(and real impressed with your response).
I am glad she get help too :)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
This is the mask I was wearing today ( yes it is time to swap it for a new one, I guess she ripped it a bit today).

Not sure why someone get scared of this :confused:

Attachments

• 20200806_222824.jpg
    20200806_222824.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 0

Mitty

I do not know if this is the right area to post, so please move it if it's wrong thread area. :)

Today I was attacked by a woman just after I got off the bus. Her reason for attacking me. I wear a facemask.

She claimed to be a nurse, and she screamed at me how stupid I am for wearing a facemask.....
So I stood there silent, waiting for her to be finish with her rant about me, my mask and how brainwashed I am :confused:

So she got more and more angry when I kept silent. And suddenly without warning she hit me in my stomach and in my face, ripping my facemask off me, and stomped on it :facepalm:
I picked it up, put it in my pocket, and pulled out a new mask and put it on.

Then I said, it is totally ok you have your opinion, but I have my own reason for wearing mask.
She got so mad she creamed so loud that other people come to take her away.

Poor lady. I wish her well, and hope she do not get sick.
Perhaps she was from Sweden, and why Sweden's handling of the pandemic was as pathetic as Trump's narcissistic incompetence.
Here, wearing masks is compulsory now with $200 fines for not being covered. https://www.theage.com.au/national/...es-to-children-and-teens-20200723-p55eu0.html

Last edited:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Perhaps she was from Sweden, and why Sweden's handling of the pandemic was as pathetic as Trump's narcissistic incompetence.
Here, wearing masks is compulsory now with heavy fines for not being covered.
She was Norwegian just like me :)
I think it will become compulsory here too soon.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Why, she could have been a well trained good nurse who has recently become disillusioned and had a little meltdown.. You people are amazingly judgmental time and time again.
If a nurse who in Norway are asked to recommend usage of face mask get this bad because of stress on her job, I not sure she would last long in nursing job.

Mitty

She was Norwegian just like me :)
I think it will become compulsory here too soon.
And hopefully you'll be able to keep your death toll under 50 deaths per million people and we'll be able to keep our's under 11 deaths per million people, compared to Sweden at 571 deaths per million and New Jersey at 1793 deaths per million and New York at 1687 per million.